Clear All

Dell latitude 7480 bios

i need bios for dell latitude 7480
    CAZ20 LA-E132P REV :2.0 (A01)
    I DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL DUMP

Comment

Re: Dell latitude 7480 bios

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72866
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

thnx i try it but pc take 15 sec to boot i tried clean me but still same problem

Comment

Originally posted by ace.code View Post
          thnx i try it but pc take 15 sec to boot i tried clean me but still same problem
          me cleaned.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
            me cleaned.
            its works great but its password locked

Comment

Originally posted by ace.code View Post
              its works great but its password locked
              just used password generator thnxxxxx everything is ok

Comment

dell latitude 7480

display is so late mobo code is CAZ20 LA-E132p
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: dell latitude 7480

Originally posted by alihomee View Post
                  display is so late mobo code is CAZ20 LA-E132p
                  the posted bios has been cleaned once more..try
                  Attached Files
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Re: Clean me dell latitude 7480

Cleam me

Comment

his bios dump and it take too long to show the dell logo so can anyone clean me this dump :ré
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MAZMAZ22 View Post
                        his bios dump and it take too long to show the dell logo so can anyone clean me this dump :ré
                        try..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bachir2004 View Post
                          me cleaned.
                          Hi, I think I did a big mistake by flashing above file without checking full motherboard revision, mine is REV : 1.0 (A00). Here is the full story below:

So basically, it took 15 seconds for each POST but it also seemed that BIOS is read-only because anything I try changing in BIOS won't save any changes, not even custom UEFI boot paths and also no connected USB shows in F12, flashing using CTRL + ESC was also failing with "Firmware failed..."

But it could still boot to windows so I did the pinmod trick to unlock FD and then flashed this quoted bios file.

It flashed fine but then after reboot it no more shows Dell logo or any other text except it shows a blinking prompt and reboots and keep doing that.

Let me know if there is anything can be done without using chip programmer as I don't have that.

PS.
                          I have a spare BIOS chip from another broken laptop which I tried swapping (before trying to flash above file) but it was also showing exactly same symptoms AND cannot boot to windows because it won't let me save boot location. I can swap it back if there is any hope passing beyond POST.

Comment

Re: Dell 7480 LA-E132P Plz Solve late display

You can`t unlock the FD using that method anymore with newer models,and modified grub boot doesn`t work. Buy a programmer,the ch341a only costs around 3 quid delivered. If you buy a black pcb version do the 3.3v mod and use NeoProgrammer,AsProgrammer,Colibri or flashrom software with it https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...50&postcount=5 .Dell post bios updates per model,not by motherboard revision.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-15-2021, 10:57 PM.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              You can`t unlock the FD using that method anymore with newer models,and modified grub boot doesn`t work. Buy a programmer,the ch341a only costs around 3 quid delivered. If you buy a black pcb version do the 3.3v mod and use NeoProgrammer,AsProgrammer,Colibri or flashrom software with it https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...50&postcount=5 .Dell post bios updates per model,not by motherboard revision.

Not sure if I understood but I was able to have full access to EEPROM whilst in Windows and used Intel FPT tool to flash said file without any errors. Had to do the pin 1 and pin 5 jumper on audio chip at power on to achieve that. Intel Management Engine was not shown with or without pinmod in Device Manager so that's why I started following this method.

Now if I have another go replacing UC5 BIOS chip with another one I have (but that is also shown read-only so cannot set boot path to boot windows). Is there any way I can fix it?

According to this source: https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/c...uide_en-us.pdf I suspect the UC1 (PCH) is faulty as interestingly when I first tried to replace BIOS initially everything in BIOS was changeable but after a second time in BIOS every option was greyed out (read-only) which is why I replaced back the BIOS chip.
                              Last edited by FShahid; 08-16-2021, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                Try this one .
                                ok Thanks

Comment

Hello guys

I have Dell 7480 LA-E132P rev 2.0 that has a password on it, tried the files on this thread but non of them work

SERVICE TAG (S/N) : 6RY1HM2
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mnciks11 View Post
                                    Hello guys

I have Dell 7480 LA-E132P rev 2.0 that has a password on it, tried the files on this thread but non of them work

SERVICE TAG (S/N) : 6RY1HM2
                                    try..
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much man

The file is working

Comment

Hello guys

I need a working bin file for Dell Latitude 7480
                                        CAZ20 LA-E132P
                                        REV 1.0

Below is my EC and Main bios file
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mnciks11 View Post
                                          Hello guys

I need a working bin file for Dell Latitude 7480
                                          CAZ20 LA-E132P
                                          REV 1.0

Below is my EC and Main bios file
                                          Latitude 7480
                                          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X