Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharp Lc-70le650u only backlight, weird screen on reset, no on screen menu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Lc-70le650u only backlight, weird screen on reset, no on screen menu.

Don't know the history on this set. Powers on backlight then dims down, if u press up or down backlight lights up brighter. No on screen menu. Tried plugging up with volume down and input pressed and I get a messed up screen. What u think, I tried reseating the tcon ribbon cables but it didn't help anything. Turned on several times resetting and get a lol different image every time.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp Lc-70le650u only backlight, weird screen on reset, no on screen menu.

I would guess tcon since the main is responding to remote commands etc.

Comment

It doesn't change channel , volume or show on screen
      Menu. Not really responding to anything but vol - and input gets it to that screen I showed before.

Comment

actually, its more than likely a panel issue which has been "saved" in a number of thread. One test that will likely get you further (ie. a picture) is to unplug the small corner interconnecting cable running from the little lower boards of the panel to the little side boards. Try one side first and then the other. Go from there.

PS. looking at your pictures, you can see the horizontal line across the top... it looks like it originates from "screen right".... thus, you likely have a bad panel tab on the right side.
        Last edited by budwich; 06-30-2016, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Well I got a picture, I took the bottom right cable connecting side board to bottom board.I got a picture, sound , on screen menus. Color is distorted and still a horizontal line up near top 4" down about 3/4" wide. OK so how can I fix it all the way.
          Attached Files

Comment

Good... well good that you got a picture... bad because that is likely a panel problem. The set can be "saved" to basically give you back a clear working picture. The tab drivers CAN NOT be fixed, they can only be removed, hence the "save" as the set is no longer working on "factory spec / design".

You need to remove all the tabs along the right side of the panel... these are brown /orange flex tab cables bonded to the side of the panel connecting the little side boards (probably two). You basically "gently" pull the tab away from the bonding surface as cleanly as possible. Disconnect the corner cable (which you already have done) and "throw" the boards out as they are of no use now.

Search around on the forum for sharp aquos type threads that will outline a bit more of the effort.

NOTE: the process (tearing away the tabs) IS NOT reversible. IF you have chosen the wrong side (unlikely but you can confirm by testing with disconnecting the other little corner cable on the left side... you will likely get no picture as the set is trying to only run with the bad side connected... which will confirm that indeed the right side is bad).

IF everything goes as planned, your set will be "saved" and could work in this mode for a very long time... "long" is unknown however, my neighbor's set which I saved has been working in this mode for about 10 months now... and he smiles every time he sees me.... :-)

Comment

Okay I will try removing right side tabs to screen, when u say it's not in spec what will be off about it, can u tell a difference.

Comment

Alright let me double check I'm gonna pull the two little right boards upper and lower that are connected together. I'm gonna pull there bonding from the LCD screen. And I will no longer have these boards inside the TV.

Comment

while I have never known any manufacturer to put in technology / component just for the sake of putting them in the product. What's off? The forum is not a manufacturer design "shop"... I don't know of any posts from any one identifying an "issue"... most are so happy that their set works again that I don't think they are concerned that some "aspect" isn't quite "right".

Having said that, if you are expecting to "re-sell" the set as a "fully working set" then I think that is... an "issue" of "disclosure" which of course, is your "prerogative".

Comment

They are there to help the deselecting of rows be alot faster, bigger lcd panels have bigger capacitance in them so essentially just helps the panel work a little better, it will work with out them drivers but you might notice a little lower refresh rate and possibly the odd distortion here and there. They fail as they didnt heatsink them properly so they just get too hot and die.
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Okay I'll let you know how it goes

Comment

Well guess what took the frame off removed the ribbons and she's fixed like new. I can't tell any distortion or anything. Thanks for all the help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the follow up and another tv saved it looks a nice picture too on that sharp.

Comment

Hello! I am having same problem! How can I get more details about this fix? Will take apart tv tomorrow.

Originally posted by snake91876 View Post
                            Well guess what took the frame off removed the ribbons and she's fixed like new. I can't tell any distortion or anything. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

It's right there in this thread, read it carefully and follow procedure, do those tests described before tearing off tabs because it can not be reversed and only works for this specific problem. Take it slow do the tests to verify problem.

Comment

First, I want to thank you for a reply! Appreciate it! Now, that I have some pictures taken and back panel is off, I will post them in new post with some explanation.
                                Hoping for your experience and support!
                                Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X