Philips 42pfl5603d Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42pfl5603d Noise

Hi! For almost a year now, a 13 years old Philips 42pfl5603d LED TV has been making high-pitched and loud noises from the standby light's back location (right bottom) when it's turned on for the first 5-10 mins. It is only connected to a laptop via HDMI.

During that initial time, the noise flactuates if the screen changes and lighter colors seem to increase both the pitch and the loudness. After approximately 10 mins, the sound turns into a weak buzz, and if I turn it off and back on, it's as if it has no issues.

When the problem first began, if I turned it off and on 3-4 times consecutively, the sound used to go away but now the only way is to wait for 10 mins and switch it off and back on. The sound changes if I touch the speaker with my finger but volume level or muting has no effect. So I guess it is similar to a feedback noise which goes away after something warms up.

As far as I know, it has a chassis called q522_2e_la and the back cover has a sort of audio hardware protection which prevents you from turning it on when the lid is off. I don't know if the worn off bezel (some of the screw nests are broken for 5-6 years) might have damaged this audio set-up...or I don't know.

I wonder if there's something I can do by myself at home to diagnose the problem.
    Last edited by Cabbar; 10-04-2021, 11:52 AM.
Working...
X