This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T2 Chip Programmer Tool

I was curious if the T2 chip serial being changed would allow cracking the Firmware lock and icloud lock of a device? We came across the T2 Rom Tool and this allows the use of changing the serial which in our experience would allow removal of MDM on older models (2017-and older). Would that isolate the icloud bypass since it is married to the serial of the T2 chip? Curious since we are close to pulling the trigger on a wholesale lot and we anticipate iCloud devices in MacBooks etc. Piernov or anyone have thoughts on this?

Update: People are saying yes and no. If you change the serial you would have to change the UUID? Apple looks at the serial and the UUID in the rom. I know we could figure this out some how some way.
    Last edited by Stephen; 03-14-2021, 06:56 PM.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

The serial can be changed in the T2 ROM without too much trouble. It's a 25-series 1.8V SPI ROM so a decent programmer can deal with it (it's a 3x4mm package so smaller than usual though). Serial number should show up in the dump after "mNrS" string.
    I don't know what are the repercussions. I'm probably at least 5 years away from seeing a T2 machine in front of me.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Yeah I feel thats the difficult part...taking that risk on . T2. I mean worst case scenario we just have to RUN DFU lol
      sigpic
      MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

change serial on a t2 machine only works for mdm, mdm is linked on serial and icloud is linked on serial, wifi adres,bleutooth adres, so change serial not solved the problem, even the serial is not stored in the t2 chip and cant change it with software, the serial is in a small chip (4mb) and need to solder before can read write

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
          change serial on a t2 machine only works for mdm, mdm is linked on serial and icloud is linked on serial, wifi adres,bleutooth adres, so change serial not solved the problem, even the serial is not stored in the t2 chip and cant change it with software, the serial is in a small chip (4mb) and need to solder before can read write

Of course you need to remove the chip to reprogram it. I have used this to change the serial number on T2 twice. The programmer I used was purchased on aliexpress and it came with the bin file and bypass software.

Comment

Please share bin files, it would be interesting to study them
            Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post
            Of course you need to remove the chip to reprogram it. I have used this to change the serial number on T2 twice. The programmer I used was purchased on aliexpress and it came with the bin file and bypass software.

Comment

Originally posted by sanmlis View Post
              Please share bin files, it would be interesting to study them
              I hope it helps
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Latour View Post
                How do you identify WiFi address and Bluetooth address in the dump read from small bt and WiFi rom chips?

Comment

Originally posted by curiositymaster View Post

Hey! Could you upload the whole USB stick content? Software and other files.

Comment

Originally posted by andriyd1 View Post
                    How do you identify WiFi address and Bluetooth address in the dump read from small bt and WiFi rom chips?
                    For which purpose you want to find?

Comment

Activation locks

Comment

Originally posted by andriyd1 View Post
                        Activation locks

You can't unlock simply by changing values on the dump file.

Comment

attached are the bin files from the T2 activation
                          you can run the mina activation tool by putting the MacBook Pro in DFU Mode
                          but unless you pay the unreasonable $90 to $120 that mina resellers
                          want for letting you submit the serial you want to use
                          it will come up with the message "serial no authorised"
                          you can use the tool with the bin files with the tool but although
                          successful it will give wrong summary details in about this mac
                          ie: displays that it is a 13" when it should state its a 16" etc
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the valuable files. i downloaded and i will test it asap !

Comment

Originally posted by toto2020 View Post
                              thanks for the valuable files. i downloaded and i will test it asap !
                              Please could you send me these files , the one on the original link are corrupt

Comment

Originally posted by stevie View Post
                                attached are the bin files from the T2 activation
                                you can run the mina activation tool by putting the MacBook Pro in DFU Mode
                                but unless you pay the unreasonable $90 to $120 that mina resellers
                                want for letting you submit the serial you want to use
                                it will come up with the message "serial no authorised"
                                you can use the tool with the bin files with the tool but although
                                successful it will give wrong summary details in about this mac
                                ie: displays that it is a 13" when it should state its a 16" etc
                                hello After write file macbook air 2018 A1932 dead now only DFU mode
                                restored put all time dfu mode

Comment

Originally posted by zinnou View Post
                                  In the video they also run some script (checkm8 i think) to be able to bypass and activate the machine.

Comment

Hi Im having the same problem, Flashed the rom with the A1932 unlock bin file and the unit is stuck in dfu mode. Anyone has a solution on this ?

Comment

i Think rom chip is not soldered well

Comment

Originally posted by MughalG
                                        i have good working Activation_Lock bin files for all models with same configuration as per model
                                        of course method is not for free
                                        How do I purchase ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X