This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well I have nothing to about myself except for the fact that I am always ready to learn. I am merely a hobbyist and has a great passion and deep interest for anything that is technical and mechanical. Folks on the forum also seem friendly and helpful. Have a great one. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKROCZ View Post
      Well I have nothing to say about myself except for the fact that I am always ready to learn. I am a hobbyist and I have a great passion and deep interest for anything that is technical and mechanical. Folks on the forum also seem friendly and helpful. Lets all have a good time here. Cheers!
      Edit: Grammar

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My name is John and I am from Canada. I have always been interested in electronics and computers. My background is in mechanical design and not electronics, but I have found it fun to take things apart and see how they work.

It wasn't until recently I ran across some broken computer components; motherboard and graphics card, that made me take the plunge and try to do some repairs on them.

I am one to always be opened to learning new things, and I hope to be able to contribute to this forum as well, with whatever limited knowledge I have.

John

Comment

ciao a tutti dall'italia mi occupo a livello hobbistico di pc e tutto quello che gira intorno ad essi spero di collaborare e di essere di aiuto ad altri

Comment

Hi all!

I'm Joseph from Sweden.
            I've been tinkering around with electronics here & there for a while. Stumbled upon this forum & it looks like a good fit for my hobbies.

All the best,
            Joseph

Comment

Hi,

I joined this forum because I watched a video from youtube I think and am trying to fix my laptop.

- Bret

Comment

Hello to all,

looking forward to learning more about repairing new TV.

Comment

Hello, how are you, My name is Scaliburt, and I am the sword of Arthur Pendragon!

Nice to see you people, I consider myself a computer learner, I know little about the subject, but lately I prefer electronic components and digital electronics, of course, all this aimed at computing, mothers B. you know... I hope that we help each other, I am willing to listen and read them!!
                  I'll steal some of your wisdom folks, hehehe! Greetings

Comment

Hi All, from UK here trying to repair bits and bobs and learn a few things over time!

Comment

Hello, been tinkering with electronics since I was a wee child in the 2000s, always chanced across this forum in my numerous google searches and decided to finally sign up.

Comment

Was looking for schematics for a laptop I had in for service and lo and behold BCN had my back, figured I may as well stick around and share my (admittedly limited at times) knowledge of electronics, mainly retro consoles/computers, all the way up to the early '00s releases of the Xbox and PS2.

Comment

Hi to all,
                          i found this forum after i'm looking graphic cards schematic. I repair in my free time defective boards. And i found here a lot of information and hope find also help. Thanks to all for this good forum.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Lior Levi and I live in Israel
                            This is my first time here while I wrote this my first post.
                            I have HP ProBook 430 G5 2VP86EA and it's BIOS locked with password. no way to upgrade it but I'm enable to use the laptop and enter Windows 10. just the bios is locked.
                            The global manufacturer refuses to help me
                            The local lab wants to replace a motherboard for twice the price of a laptop.
                            I disassemble my laptop and removed the main battery and CMOS battery for few days but still the BIOS is locked.
                            Mother board model: DA0X8BMB6F0 rev F
                            Wrote on the BIOS chip: Gigadevice HH1742 25B127DSIG AP15471
                            From google search I saw some chip os programmer on amazon but I don't know nothing about it. I don't know if it can read and write my BIOS chip or not.
                            I also saw on ebay some chips for my laptop model but it's not mentioned there if the chips match my motherboard model.
                            And which manufacturer of the chip itself. Should the chip manufacturer and the chip model be the same as the existing chip?
                            Are there electrical voltages (volts, watts, amperes) that the chip supports?
                            How do I know if such a chip is suitable for my computer? That will not cause a short circuit.
                            what can I do? I really need expert help.
                            thank you.

Comment

Hello, let me introduce myself, Radegoub, I am from France and I am passionate about repairs but I am a novice.
                              For once that I really need help, I have to do the presentation.
                              I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you.
                              Glad to be with you.

Comment

Hello. I am an amateur electronics hobbyist. I work mostly on tube and through-hole solid state guitar amplifiers, vintage stereos, test equipment, etc. I found this forum due to all the bad old capacitors I find in older equipment. So far I have learned a lot from members' posts. Thanks.

Comment

Hello! I can't believe I'm just now stumbling upon this wonderful forum! I've been a hobbiest electronics repair "consultant" for family and friends since I was 8 years old and my father made the mistake of leaving the microwave in the garage while he replaced some cabinetry in the kitchen. Needless to say, he was upset and quick to make a teaching moment of my use of his screwdrivers to disassemble the microwave, removal of all the components and walking into the kitchen asking him how the "digital" panel worked...

I'm always gifted broken things that are sometimes fixable and sometimes not, and often end up donating repaired things (as my wife hates my stockpiles of electronics) to friends, churches, and schools once they're fixed. It also means things I can't fixed get donated to anyone who will pay the shipping. Elated to find a community of people like myself.

I'm based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Great meeting everyone!

Comment

Hello guys from Spain!!!

Comment

Heya!

Times like these call for repair-folks to come together and get some broken GPU's going, so in my search for some schematics for said broken graphics cards i ended up here.

Liking what i see so far and hope this will be the place to hang and share ideas and information.

Cheers!

Comment

I am an electrical teacher. But I love electronics and computers. Your posts on these topics intrigued me. Thanks everyone for sharing these.

Comment

Hi guys!

I am from Czechia and currently postgraduate student at BUT.

I wholeheartedly support every self-repair efforts. I hope tp learn from all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X