Keyboard Yamaha PS-6100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard Yamaha PS-6100

Hi, old Yamaha PS-6100 keyboard, no sound, no response, if try you use the panel switch function, all off, no reaction, system only light the power LED when turned on.
    All the voltages in power pcb seem to be ok, there is 5V and the rest of the power supply, the power amplifier is working, the pcb boards look ok, on all quartz resonators on pcb the waveforms are consistent with their descriptions.
    Any ideas ?

Regards for all.

Re: Keyboard Ymaha pS-6100

I'm not a tech. Pardon possible ignorant suggestions.

Check w/headphones?

Check wires to built-in speakers?

Comment

got a pcb picture?

Comment

There is a memory reset button located on the bottom according to the user manual, It also states the memory should stay for about 7 days. This tells me there might be a super cap for storing the memory and this cap may be bad causing a load on the supply and the processor not to operate, this is just a guess.

Comment

supercap's leak,
          but my main concern is all the recent threads related to yamaha that turned out to be failing rom chips!

Comment

Re: Keyboard Yamaha PS-6100

TMTGTR - amplifier & speakers is ok. works good. the sounds are not generated by the IC system,

RJ - yes, the super cap exists, the voltage on it is 5V, I try reset it, but no success, the switch closes the supercap, the voltage then drops to zero, after turning on it slowly increases to 5V.

stj - I'm afraid you might be right

thanks for all answers
            Last edited by warsztat; 05-31-2022, 04:33 AM.

Comment

I mentioned the supercap because in some receiver/amps if the unit has been in storage for some time, the cap would be totally discharged, and sometimes this can cause the voltage used to charge the cap to be very low so the rest of the circuit on that supply line may not function, I see this is not the case in this piano.

Comment

OK, thamk you RJ, i'm betting a problem with the rom.
                Keyboard back to the owner, I will not do anything.

Thanks all.
                Last edited by warsztat; 06-02-2022, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Check firmware here http://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps

Comment

Working...
                  X