Onkyo tx-nr414 shutting off after few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onkyo tx-nr414 shutting off after few seconds

There is -0.5v output offset on one channel only (SL) going to speaker relay out - that is for sure too much, and by mine opinion would trigger protection as it is connected directly to vprotect line...

-0.5v is at P6083, NPLG-2P29 (page 9 (2IJ location on this page)) or in short NFSL line to ground.

60v is because mine mains voltage *is at 250vac, as I have already mentioned at this thread but would not consider it significant.
    Now that you mentioned it again I have double checked that by lowering mains to 230vac as specified and for sure output on my 60v line drops to nr414 regular 56.2 volts.
    They maybe should not wrote that voltage fixed in service manual not to confuse service personnel, 52-60v should be written and that would make it easier.
    Last edited by Tamo Neko; 05-31-2022, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamo Neko View Post
      There is -0.5v output offset on one channel only (SL) going to speaker relay out - that is for sure too much, and by mine opinion would trigger protection as it is connected directly to vprotect line...

-0.5v is at P6083, NPLG-2P29 (page 9 (2IJ location on this page)) or in short NFSL line to ground.

60v is because mine mains voltage *is at 250vac, as I have already mentioned at this thread but would not consider it significant.
      Now that you mentioned it again I have double checked that by lowering mains to 230vac as specified and for sure output on my 60v line drops to nr414 regular 56.2 volts.
      They maybe should not wrote that voltage fixed in service manual not to confuse service personnel, 52-60v should be written and that would make it easier.
      Did you ohm out the line NFSl? From Part 6 to Part 5 Also, if you do a search for NPLG-2P29. Look on how the part 5 transistors are connected. It is different then all the rest. It is the 2 search out of 12.
      Last edited by keeney123; 05-31-2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

If by ohm-ing out you mean ohm-ing out for idling current adjustment, then answer is yes, at least at the time I checked for that, and that was good.
        I have problem with output offset on SL.
        Last edited by Tamo Neko; 05-31-2022, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamo Neko View Post
          If by ohm-ing out you mean ohm-ing out for idling current adjustment, then answer is yes, at least at the time I checked for that, and that was good.
          I have problem with output offset on SL.
          SL is an output of Q4001 part 4 game IC

If you are talking about SPSL then have you tried setting your meter on that spot while adjusting the idle screw for that section? That would be R6043 to see if you can lower the voltage?

Page 1 of the service manual for 414 has the model types and voltages. Perhaps raising the voltage above a certain amount affects that adjustment. Depending on the model you voltage would be either 230 vac or 240 vac.
          Last edited by keeney123; 06-01-2022, 03:27 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=keeney123;1138145]SL is an output of Q4001 part 4 game IC

If you are talking about SPSL then have you tried setting your meter on that spot while adjusting the idle screw for that section? That would be R6043 to see if you can lower the voltage?

Tried that too with SPSL, not any significant change.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tamo Neko;1138163]
              Originally posted by keeney123 View Post
              SL is an output of Q4001 part 4 game IC

Tried that too with SPSL, not any significant change.
              In that case I would check J6703 on part 9 to make sure it is closed normally. Then see if it is open when power is applied by taking voltage measurements on either side of J6703. Using the amp ground as reference for one lead. I would also check out SLE to make sure it goes to Amp Ground. and check all components in line. We are trying to see is the SL on part 9 is causing the problem or if it is the components.

If the above seems to check out then I would trace the SL out from Q4001 part 4 to Sl in part 5 and the components on that line to see what is causing this. You can also compare one of the good amp outputs to the bad amp output and all associate components

If that all seems fine then we need to determine by comparison what is causing Q4001 not to work like all the other outputs. Which would most likely be and input to Q4001
              Last edited by keeney123; 06-02-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X