Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer europower pmp2000d (no output)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behringer europower pmp2000d (no output)

Hi,

My friend brought his Behringer Europower PMP2000D audio mixer to me still with power but no output on both speakon 2 audio ports.

The main issue is, it has no output and the main monitor levels led indicator are showing some signals whenever i attach any LINE In device such as microphone.

I tried opening the powersupply section and could not see any suspected parts.

I also removed the input board (LINE-IN) and cleaned all the switches and microphone jacks with contact cleaner because they are full of dust.

I also tried to wiggle the flex cables connecting the input board to the other boards including the powersupply board and reseated them all.

After that, i was surprised one of the speakon audio port was working well but the other was just humming loudly without any response.

What could be the common issue with this mixer?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Re: Behringer europower pmp2000d (no output)

To add more detail. The Left Channel speakon output port is not working. I tried swapping the speakon ports and the same thing happened.

I should try to trace back the line from the dual opamp and see if one pin is dead and what might cause it.

Comment

Your problem doesn't sound like a power issue so don't waste time poking about in the power supply.

There are no schematics available for this mixer/amp that I know of but it looks like a clone (which a lot of behringer designs are) of the Peavey XR684 with a few more flashy lights.

The problem is most likely a bad solder joint or cable connection somewhere as behr soldering quality control is terrible and they use the cheapest pcb's they can to keep costs down and your symptoms sound like a bad connection.

The trouble will be finding the fault.

The easiest way I could suggest to you would be to play some audio into the inputs and then use a simple audio probe to trace to where the signal stops.

Here are links to a simple probe for use with another combo amplifier (e.g.small guitar amp) .... and the Peavey XR684 schematic for a map of the circuit ... which may or may not be very similar.

Audio probe: https://www.diypedalgearparts.com/en...e-how-to-build

I'll attach the schematic ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by check12 View Post

The easiest way I could suggest to you would be to play some audio into the inputs and then use a simple audio probe to trace to where the signal stops.

Here are links to a simple probe for use with another combo amplifier (e.g.small guitar amp)

Great Link! Thanks

Comment

Actually here's better images showing the probe construction better ... wired to a plug or socket ... the grounding on the original link is a bit confusing if your new to this.
          Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic, all added to my studio library.

Comment

Originally posted by check12 View Post
              Your problem doesn't sound like a power issue so don't waste time poking about in the power supply.

There are no schematics available for this mixer/amp that I know of but it looks like a clone (which a lot of behringer designs are) of the Peavey XR684 with a few more flashy lights.

The problem is most likely a bad solder joint or cable connection somewhere as behr soldering quality control is terrible and they use the cheapest pcb's they can to keep costs down and your symptoms sound like a bad connection.

Here are links to a simple probe for use with another combo amplifier (e.g.small guitar amp) .... and the Peavey XR684 schematic for a map of the circuit ... which may or may not be very similar.

I'll attach the schematic ...

wow thank you, really informative. i will do this on my off-day after 1 month. gotta work daily for 12 hrs straight due to plant maintenance.

Comment

Working...
              X