Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung engineers with too much time on their hands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung engineers with too much time on their hands!

Okay, so I get this beautiful Samsung UN70KU6300FXZA Tv donated to my shop from a trucking company after they put a forklift blade into the panel. First thing I noticed was it had a stupid one piece plastic back with 18 million clips and not one screw. Keep it simple Samsung and go back to the middle insert so we can get to the PS, Main, and maybe a LED driver easier and go back to the metal back with screws. You obviously have never had a service call where Yuppie Scum is standing over you telling you how to fix their Tv and then watching their face when they hear that CRACK CRACK CRACK as I bust those stupid clips lose. They freak out and think I'm busting their precious Tv. But then another lame brain idea was to find another way to attach the boards to the Tv without using screws. Damn Samsung, just charge a extra buck and use screws will ya? So tell me folks, how in the hell do you remove the Power Supply with these style metal clips? Here's a pic. God help us all.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung engineers with too much time on their hands!

it looks to me like the whole board slides down. the clips are permanently attached. see how the guide hole is fairly long, so it can still line it up while sliding the whole board down.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

It's also worth noting that the leds are almost impossible. To change over in the KU series.

And they have already started failing. You'd need to replace the whole metal chassis.

Comment

When I first saw it I though Samsung was the first company to let you change the leds without the need to remove the screen.

But, alas no.

Comment

to remove these clip-in boards ,lift the clip and slide the board off the retaining pin, the LED edge lights are fixed with double-sided tape and should be removed leaving the reflector in place,you just repair or replace the LEDs or the strips, and all without lifting a screwdriver

Comment

I know technically you can remove the strip.
            But it's impossible not to bend it. It never sits back in flush.

I actually have a 40" KU for disassemby just now I'll take photos and you can advise your way to remove the strip.

Comment

Lift the strip using a kraft knife from the socket ends, if they are the very tiny LEDs that look like a grain of rice, that some models have, finding replacements can be a problem. I do have some strips in the workshop, post your photos, I have been parting out new Samsung sets for years, and have more or less stopped listing on ebay for now.

Comment

Well after trying to figure out how to lift all four clips up at the same time I finally gave up and held the board firmly and pushed the board towards the slots and BINGO the damn thing just popped right off. You just have to give it a firm pressure and slide it sideways and it seems the clips are pressure loaded. They should have made this the FU series. How many boards are gonna get broke with this method?

Comment

There's usually a tab labeled 'lock'
                  You just slightly lift it up and slide it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
                    When I first saw it I though Samsung was the first company to let you change the leds without the need to remove the screen.

But, alas no.
                    I had a 50in Cello that let me remove the casing to get at the LEDs without removing the screen. Unfortunately when I replaced the LEDs that were faulty, I had a line down the screen.
                    Last edited by sintv; 06-15-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X