Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TX-32LXD85 13 red blinks of doom!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TX-32LXD85 13 red blinks of doom!!

Hi All, I have recently acquired a 32" Panasonic model number TX-32LXD85 that has a powering on issue.

The TV goes to standby as usual when you first switch it on then has the flashing green led light to tell you it's turning on and then the constant green light to tell you it is on.. though no picture appears. The TV after a few minutes goes to the red led standby light and blinks 13 times.

I have read that it's an issue with a communication error on the DG / A board and speifically down to IC8001 component??

My question is if others have had a similar problem and if it's an easy fix? I've found the IC8001 tag on the board but cannot identify if this is for the rather large chip or the smaller chip on the underside.. I'll try and upload some pictures later of the board but the boards part number is TNP8EAL90 (9) (A).

Any help or advice would be great as this board seems to be very expensive for an older 32" tv to replace cost effectively.

Re: Panasonic TX-32LXD85 13 red blinks of doom!!

The silkscreen marking (tag) on the top will refer only to top components.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes that's what I thought, I've read that they can be replaced but that particular part doesn't seem to be soldered in position.. I'm probably going to end up getting a new board unless anyone has a possible fix for it.
      Thank you.

Comment

Do you have the service manual? Do you know what 13 blinks codes for?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi, the service manual states that 13 blinks means it's a communication error on the DG / A board.
          Just need to know If I can fix it or if its a new board?
          Thanks again.

Comment

I have a TH-42PX25 with same problem. I didn't pay anything for the TV but from what I've read it's a pretty complex setup, I haven't even opened the TV yet. Here is another thread on a similar model with same issue:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=TH-42PX25

There was no resolution that I can see so far.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've tried finding other threads with the same problem but most have 10 blinks or 7 etc etc. This tv is suffering from '13' blinks which is a totally different problem to the others.
              The cheapest main board I've seen so far is £50 anyone know where I may be able to get one cheaper?? the board number is TNP8EAL90
              Thanks again

Comment

This place HAD it for £30:
                http://www.flattvparts.co.uk/index.p...oducts_id=5032

May be worth contacting them enquiring about whether or not they can get another one.

Or you could contact the seller asking if they'd accept £35 for it. If they've not sold it yet they might take a lower price.

I like flattvparts, as the prices are reasonable. Don't be fooled by the £67 reduced to £30 though - I have never seen anything more than about £35 there, and never seen an item not reduced!

Comment

Thanks tom.. I've just managed to get the set up and running so i'm going to see how that works out for the next 48hrs or so..

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

How'd you do it? Care to share with us?

Comment

LOL yeah I should have done that eh!!
                      Was nothing technical I can assure you! :-)
                      The chip itself get's a lot hotter than those around and as such has the allumiunium heat sink on top, I figured that all the joints on the diodes on the underside of the chip/board would probably have dry soldered joints, so I got my heat torch out and warmed them up for a few minutes put the tv back together and heh presto!!

Just a quick note though, while looking for information on the chip I noticed that Panasonic and a few other suppliers filed a lawsuit against the manufacturers of the chip. There seems to be a lot of other products likes of hifi's, computers etc etc affected by it!

Probably a fluke what that it's back on given the problems with that chip but it may be worth a try for anyone else..

Comment

Possibly the same problem Microsoft, and to a lesser extent Sony, faced with the Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively.

Comment

Hi all, I thought I would share my experience with you people about the 13 Red blinks that I received on my Panasonic Plasma TH-42PV8H. As I felt that I myself have learnt so much about this issue by browsing different forums on internet and hence by sharing my experience might help someone novice like me in fixing their TV.
                          I went through several forums and YouTube Videos and even the service manuals of the Panasonic for my TV and it said the 13 Red blinks meant “COMMUNICATION ERROR WITH IC8001 (PEAK LITE2) “which means the A-Board is faulty and it needs replacement.
                          I narrowed down that IC8001 was actually the problem which was made by Panasonic itself and its actual part number was MN2WS0047.
                          So I looked for parts online on ShopJimmy.com etc. and found out few which partially matched my A-Board TNPH0713 FM 1A, But there was a problem my board had a suffix FM 1A and the board I found online were having same TNPH0713 but different suffix's. So I researched out more about it and found that few people did reported compatibility issues with boards of different suffix. However I even found at that few people had successfully change their A-Board with a different suffix board from a different Plasma TV and had successfully started their TV, because hardware wise all the TNPH0713 boards looks same. It's only the suffix which differs and that because of the firmware inside the board. So a same board starting with TNPH0713 can be used for a 42PV8H or a 46PV8H or a 50PV8H obviously with a different firmware and hence a different suffix. Hence if you swapped boards between 42PV8H and 50PV8H then the chances are the TV won't work because the A-Board from 42PV8H won't match with the SC (YSUS) board on the other TV i.e. 50PV8H. But suppose if you swapped board with say another TV 42PV80MT/ D/ HM etc. Then chances are that it would work because these sets of TV have same SC(YSUS) and SS(XSUS) boards. So if you want to use and A-Board from a different TV first thing is to match the part number for SC and SS boards. If they are similar then you can go ahead and use it. It is prudent to note that some features of your TV can now change as there is a different firmware in your new and Old A-boards.
                          So coming back to my A-Board, I did not wanted to take risk in investing in the board as most of them were shipped from the US and there was a shipping charges as well. Hence I decided to go ahead the other way of replacing the IC8001 but again I was not able to source the IC8001 locally so I decided to bake my board in order to reflow the solder on bad joints. I did not had a Hot air gun and many times I use the Hair dryer to do this job, but as the board was quite big, hence I decided to bake it in the Oven for 10 minutes. I preheated my oven to 230 Celsius and then baked the board at 230 Celsius for 10 minutes. And Guess what the TV started working. It was indeed the bad solder joint on the A-Board that was causing the 13 Red blinks.
                          A caution to whoever is planning to bake their A-boards, I actually melted plastic inside few of my AV/RCA ports , the ones with that Yellow, Red, Green , Blue colours however it was not too serious. I was able to drill holes back in them and they started working. So if you planning to bake you're A-Board be careful about the Temperature, I guess 230 C for 10 minutes was too high, you should rather bake them at 215C for 5 minutes and it would do the Reflow of solder without melting the plastics and hopefully would revive you're TV 
                          One more thing I would like to share here is that after I reassemble the boards on the Plasma TV it started working fine but there were a pink vertical lines in centre portion of the TV. I figured out it was because of the loose connection on small white ribbon cable between the C1 and C2 boards. The ribbon cable was loose where it connected on the C1 board. So I re seated it and the Vertical lines went away . Initially I tried to re seat the brown/Tan ribbon cable with a metal heat sink and driver IC which connected to the connector CB4 on the C1 board. The other end of this brown/tan ribbon was going inside the Plasma screen and was located on the bottom of the plasma screen. Then I realize that since I had removed all the ribbons and cables going to the different board while I was trouble shooting for the 13 Red blink hence I must have not re-seated them properly. So after I re-seated the tiny (hardly 1 inch long) cable connecting the C1(C10) board to the C2(C20) board then problem of pink vertical lines was resolved. So now I have a fully working Panasonic Plasma Th-42PV8H TV 
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                            I am trying to bake the board of a panasonic th-42as700a that I found on the street. Getting a green light after hard reset but no picture. Was getting the 13 red blinks also. Just wondering since Im trying to reflow the solder on under side of the board, should I bake it with that side facing up or does that not matter? Also I have tried 12 mins at 190 degrees cel with no success. Do i need a hotter temp to melt the solder.
                            Any other ideas welcome. Im very new to this.

Cheers

Comment

Hi.

My Panasonic L37-ET5E was giving 13 red blinking after several fast green blink and green holding.

I saw this thread, and I tried to fix It by resolder IC8000 with airflow solder machine.

Now I'm having 4 red blinks, and I will test the power supply board manually.

Any help or tips with 4 red blinks message?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry, my TV model is TX-L37ET5E

Comment

Working...
                                X