Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST3151A05-5 T-CON Schematics for Insignia NS-32D201NA14 LED TV

Hi all -

I have an Insignia NS-32D201NA14 LED TV that i picked up today.
    I visually inspected the boards and saw two parts are knocked off from the built-in T-CON.

The T-Con has the labeling "ST3151A05-5" which is built in to the CSOT 32" panel. I found the datasheet for the panel, but no schematics for this T-CON. The panel flex cable is bonded to the T-Con so i can't just replace the board.

One broken part is a resistor, and the other one is an 8-pin SOIC part. The IC markings show "G32 3311" on two separate lines. I can't find this online.

Does anyone have this information? I would be forever grateful!

Pics are attached.

Thank you and best regards,
    Thomas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ngth82; 03-01-2018, 09:59 PM.
    -Thomas
    I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Re: ST3151A05-5 T-CON Schematics for Insignia NS-32D201NA14 LED TV

I fixed the TV.

For IC2: I traced the pad connections and found them to be:

Pin 1 - Grounded
    Pin 2 - Grounded
    Pin 3 - Grounded
    Pin 4 - Grounded
    Pin 5 - Pulled up to 3.3V through a 1kOhm
    Pin 6 - Pulled up to 3.3V through a 1kOhm
    Pin 7 - Pulled up to 3.3V through a 1kOhm
    Pin 8 - 3.3V, with a small ceramic cap, probably 0.1uF/1uF for HF bypass. Most likely a VCC line.

This kinda looks like an I2C EEPROM pinout pin 5,6,7 could be SDA, SCL and WP.. Pin 8 is probably VCC. One of the pins on 1-4 is GND, the other three could be the EEPROM ADDR[0:2] select.

Looking at my original post, you see that pin 2 off of IC2 was broken off. Since the board connections indicate Pins 1-4 are all connected to GND, I globbed some solder to bridge pins 1, 2 & 3 together so they are all tied low.

As far as the broken resistor goes, the SMT markings on top says "1R0" - a 1ohm resistor. This is in series with a small value cap to GND. Probably a snubber circuit for pins coming out of the P28P 5562A IC at left. I'll get a replacement 1ohm 0603 resistor this week and solder it on. If it is a snubber circuit, it's not crucial for operation.

I fired up the TV as-is, and it worked!

Fixed. Thread closed. (i'll get that SMT resistor later...)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ngth82; 03-04-2018, 02:10 PM.
    -Thomas
    I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Okay.. Update 2. I found out why those two components busted off. Pictures speak for themselves.

See attached.

I realized this after i was reassembling the chassis today.
      Attached Files
      -Thomas

Comment

It's surprising how many times I've seen this also. People don't realize what happens when you put extended screws into a TV. Nice fix!
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Right?!? I'm just happy the original owner didn't open it up!

The owner originally said the screen turns white on the Craigslist post -- most likely the T-CON ribbon cable was loose.

When i went to pick it up, he said the TV now does the lines on the screen.

My bet is that he originally had the TV hung up on the wall, and found random screws to reinstall the base that morning before i picked it up.
          -Thomas

Comment

¿Did someone know how to mirror the picture throw the t-con ST3151A05-8?

Comment

I think you'll have better luck starting your own thread instead of changing topics at the end of this one that i posted/solved March 2018.
              -Thomas

Comment

Working...
              X