Universal Programmer Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Programmer Recommendation

Hi, I want to buy a universal programmer for LED TV and PC/laptop repairs.

I have my sights on the RT809H and the TL866II Plus. Are these two programmers Windows 10 compatible?

Which one do you recommend? Which one will do for my work?
    What are their pros and cons? Do you have anything better to suggest?
    Share your thoughts.

Re: Universal Programmer Recommendation

I recommend RT809H is best for universal use.

Comment

i reccomend dumping windows10

Comment

Another for the RT809H here. Yes it's supported by Windows 7,8 and 10.

Comment

So far the winner is the RT809H. Is it future proof for TV repair? What are the most used adaptors for TV repair?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolfHellas View Post
            So far the winner is the RT809H. Is it future proof for TV repair? What are the most used adaptors for TV repair?
            If you want to tell me the types of memory they will use in the future I'll tell you if it's compatible.

The majority of flash and eeproms on TVs are SOIC 8 pin.

I've encountered BGA 63 and 169 and TSOP48 although the last time I checked it wasn't able to correctly program the Samsung Nand in the D5520s correctly, I don't know if this is still the case.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              If you want to tell me the types of memory they will use in the future I'll tell you if it's compatible.

The majority of flash and eeproms on TVs are SOIC 8 pin.

I've encountered BGA 63 and 169 and TSOP48 although the last time I checked it wasn't able to correctly program the Samsung Nand in the D5520s correctly, I don't know if this is still the case.
              I read a comment on YouTube saying that the RT809H can't read or write nands correctly. I don't know because I haven't used a programmer for anything else other than 8pin chips.

Comment

It's just the K9GAG08UOE I know it struggled with, I bought a GQ-5X for those.

Comment

It's just the K9GAG08UOE I know it struggled with, I bought a GQ-5X for those.
                  So the RT809H is not going to work with Samsung Nand flash? That's why I started this thread, I wanted to know about a programmer that does the job right. So better off buying the GQ-5X?

Comment

The GQ-5X just does tsop 48 nand. I also have the Rt809h for most other programming as well as a Svod programmer for laptops.

Comment

Does the RT809H read/write chips onboard or do they need to be removed first?
                      Is there a programmer that does that?

Comment

Does the RT809H read/write chips onboard or do they need to be removed first?
                        Is there a programmer that does that?
                        It depends on what is being programmed but most need to be removed.

Comment

It depends on what is being programmed but most need to be removed.
                          Most common ones are the 25Q64/32, does the RT809H program these onboard?
                          Can Nand chips in general be read/written without being removed?

Comment

It's not what it's programming but there are usually resistors and capacitors that interfere with reading and writing.
                            Nand is off board.

Comment

So I tried a thing today...
                              I designed and 3D-printed a little eeprom chip reader and hooked it up to the SPI pins on a Raspberry PI. And... it works! Both onboard (with an external 3.3v PSU) and offboard. Best part is - it supports a huge number of chips (uses the Linux flashrom util), and you can look at the bit-banging live with Piscope. All for $0!

Here are my schematics, for anyone who wants to repeat my little experiment.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I want to buy a universal programmer for LED TV and PC/laptop repairs.

I have my sights on the RT809H and the TL866II Plus. Are these two programmers Windows 10 compatible?

Which one do you recommend? Which one will do for my work?
                                What are their pros and cons? Do you have anything better to suggest?
                                Share your thoughts.
                                It depends on what you want to do. I have both, since one can do something the other can't and the same thing other wise around. If you want to play with EMMC's than the RT809H is your pick. If you want to program some GAL's then the TL866 is your pick. I needed both, so I have both.

Comment

are thinking of buying a RT809h. does anyone know any good seller?
                                  Found this:

https://www.hklrf.com/RT809H-51-Adapter_3647.html

But don't know if this is a trusted site?

Comment

I have a TL866A myself. I bought that one as it can program old 22V eproms and it was no longer in production so I thought 'get one while I can'. If I need a programmer to handle low voltage 1.8v chips in future I sure I can easily buy one. I doubt there is any such thing as a universal programmer but so far the TL866A has programmed any device I wanted to program.
                                    Last edited by dicky96; 12-24-2019, 03:44 PM.
                                    Follow me on YouTube
                                    ------------------
                                    Learn Electronics Repair
                                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

What is the difference between RT809H and RT809F ?

Comment

Originally posted by nsab6464 View Post
                                        So I tried a thing today...
                                        I designed and 3D-printed a little eeprom chip reader and hooked it up to the SPI pins on a Raspberry PI. And... it works! Both onboard (with an external 3.3v PSU) and offboard. Best part is - it supports a huge number of chips (uses the Linux flashrom util), and you can look at the bit-banging live with Piscope. All for $0!

Here are my schematics, for anyone who wants to repeat my little experiment.
                                        Thanks for the file.

Comment

Working...
                                        X