New approach for the battery pack power supply for a Quicko soldering iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New approach for the battery pack power supply for a Quicko soldering iron

I had a problem with the battery BMS protection board from KSGER the first version I tried it did not go well as you can read in this post

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77020

Post #24 you can read the details

Here is what I did I took the Kobalt battery charger and gutted it out and put the soldering station controller in the case instead of charging controller

Cut the charger case for the soldering station controller the only problem I had was that I did not cut exactly

straight but everything fit and to me it came out better than I expected it to I know that this will work

One thing I still have to do is find a switch for the power on right now I have to remove the battery to turn it off

I just have to buy another Kobalt battery charger and I will be set

Right now I am using the 4amp hour battery pack Lowe’s had a Black Friday Sale and they had a two pack sale for $100.00 pulse I had gotten a $10.00 off coupon that they were giving out for the first 300 people that show up when they open the doors when one battery cost $59.00 each

Right now Lowe’s is out of stock on the 2amp hour battery packs

One other note
    The second version of this battery BMS protection board I have not tried it yet with brand name batteries because I did not have the right heat shrink tubing but I do have it now and I might get to it in next few days I hope because I off from work for two weeks vacation I need a rest from work
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-24-2019, 05:54 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps
Working...
X