Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate for battery/charge help for Asus N752V

Hi all.

My Asus N752V is about 3 years old, had a little upgrade with an SSD installed and works very very well.....apart from a huge battery/charge issue.

- It only works when plugged in.
    - Bottom right says "0% available (plugged in, charging)....but it's not actually charging at all. If I remove the cable, it switches off immediately.
    - I replaced the battery with a new one, but no difference.
    - It turns itself off after about 2 hours (and doesn't overheat).
    - I've had all tests and diagnostics done via an amateur computer 'fixer' but he came up blank.
    - All drivers etc have been re-installed or changed.
    - I've tried holding down the on/off button for 60 seconds and most of ideas that I've read online.

Has ANYONE else heard of this issue please? It's driving me crazy!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Nick

Re: Desperate for battery/charge help for Asus N752V

Did it run from the "new" battery with AC adapter disconnected and did the battery discharge properly?
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Did it run from the "new" battery with AC adapter disconnected and did the battery discharge properly?
      I'm not very computer-literate so not sure if I understand.

It didn't work without the adapter plugged in after the change of battery or before the change. Obviously it worked for 3+ years before it suddenly started playing up......

Comment

"new" battery probably bad.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          "new" battery probably bad.
          So the old battery was bad and the new battery is bad too?

I doubt that's the reason.

Anyway, if there was no battery, just power via the adapter, why would the computer turn itself off every two hours? It's not get warm at all, so it's not heat-related.

Comment

Market is filled with garbage batteries, it's not uncommon to buy a "new" one that just doesn't work, sometimes 2 in a row (or 3…). New batteries should come charged at around 50% (or at least between 20% and 80%), so laptop should work from it even if it cannot charge it.

Comment

Try batteryMon software, see if it will see the batteries.Click the battery icon on the top left, post some pictures of the results screen.
              Attached Files
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

did it work before the upgrade ? if so i suggest trying old drive back in,
                maybe screws in wrong holes

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Try batteryMon software, see if it will see the batteries.Click the battery icon on the top left, post some pictures of the results screen.
                  Thanks. I'm running this at the moment although it's run 600 samples and there's absolutely zero on the screen to look at. How long does the full scan work for please?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                    did it work before the upgrade ? if so i suggest trying old drive back in,
                    maybe screws in wrong holes

Yes, it did.....and it worked for a good length of time after the upgrade too.

The old drive is still there, but an additional SSD was added, I think.

Comment

As you can see from the attached screenshot, nothing is showing at all. I've also added the info about my battery taken from the scanner.

I really don't know if it's a faulty battery or some other issue.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Has nobody got any ideas????

Comment

Can you post some good clear pictures of the battery connection area and surrounding components .
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Can you post some good clear pictures of the battery connection area and surrounding components .
                            I haven't got the back off the computer right now.......

Comment

Working...
                            X