LG 42LG6000 horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LG6000 horizontal lines

I am very new this forum. I have a old TV model 42LG6000 model. longer to turn on, power light shows red, turning to white, black screen after 5 min showing full screen color horizontal lines. please review photos. I already replaced the LC37WU/LC420WU/LC470WU T-con logical board. Unfortunately, the problem still reaming. do i need to replace the main board? main board parts number is EAX39192001(14). can be work any other parts no similar type board.
    any suggestion would be appreciate.
    Many thanks
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42LG6000 horizontal lines

This is a standard defect. You check the capacitors in the sub-module front Board t-con.

Comment

Originally posted by Maklaud View Post
      This is a standard defect. You check the capacitors in the sub-module front Board t-con.
      Is the sub-module board underneath the tcon? I have the same issue.
      Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Also try heating the Mainboard to see if that affects the issue had alot of issues with bad solder joints out of them Mainboards.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
          Also try heating the Mainboard to see if that affects the issue had alot of issues with bad solder joints out of them Mainboards.
          I'll try that first. If nothing then it's the board underneath the t-con?
          Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

The Tcon is the board that the Lvds connects to.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

TV looks like this:

I did, however, replaced few swollen caps on the PSU.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by speedypro; 09-26-2015, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Instead try heating the board Maklaud refers to, and power on to see if video is better, if so it is that board that need recapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  Instead try heating the board Maklaud refers to, and power on to see if video is better, if so it is that board that need recapping.
                  If you/he means the board underneath the tcon, then I have heated it up to beyond melting point but same issue.

How can I test those caps while in circuit?
                  Last edited by speedypro; 09-26-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

a good esr meter, dick smith , peak and a few others sell them but they aren't cheap. a real timesaver on electrolytic caps.i like the peak for the fact it has a discharge function and a display of value and esr.

Comment

Peak are the best in my opinion but Dick Smith are good for the price

Comment

Hi, this is the most common problem in this TV model. The problem is the two smd capacitors 100uf in the board between the t-con and signal board (C403 & C398). The capacitors are both in the bottom right of the board. Just replace these capacitors and the problem is solved. Do not buy this board in second hand because this problem is very common and the second hand board will fail after some time (the original capacitors of this board are very bad). {found it on internet was posted by DiogoADR i fixed mine that way same syptoms,hopefully someone else will find it usefull although its very old post}

Comment

Originally posted by tsakimak View Post
                          Hi, this is the most common problem in this TV model. The problem is the two smd capacitors 100uf in the board between the t-con and signal board (C403 & C398). The capacitors are both in the bottom right of the board. Just replace these capacitors and the problem is solved. Do not buy this board in second hand because this problem is very common and the second hand board will fail after some time (the original capacitors of this board are very bad). {found it on internet was posted by DiogoADR i fixed mine that way same syptoms,hopefully someone else will find it usefull although its very old post}
                          Just wanted to say a big thank you. Replaced those exact caps and my TV is working fine again (8 months after the repair! ).

Comment

Personally speaking I have found far more failed capacitors than the two mentioned capacitors on the EBR50556301 UP CONVERTER TCON BOARD. This is the board directly below the TCON board. I replaced around ten of the 100uF smd capacitors from this board after identifying them using a peak ESR70!
                            Don't be too surprised if it goes again

Comment

Working...
                            X