Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

on the maniboard you often find a 4 pin connector, often blue.
    it has ground, 5v and txd,rxd
    you need a voltage convertor of some type of a usb adapter.

Comment

Thanks! I don't have any connector like that on this main board but I have been doing some research.

Found this info, different board but possibly useful:
      http://electronicshelponline.blogspo...-software.html

And also from the service manual of the 17MB95-S I see that on the SCART connector pins 12 and 10 are UART-TX-SC and UART-RX-SC so I think I may be able to use that. The page above talks about needing an Mstar debug tool which seems to be a usb adapter as you mention.

Comment

Interesting. I managed to get a serial connection to pins 10 and 12 of the SCART, and you can see the linux boot up process going on. Have attached two log files in case anyone's interested. The first file is what happens when the TV is first plugged in. The second is when the power button is pressed on the remote to bring it out of standby. It always freezes after the lines
        [SVCMGR]: service 'mstar.ESPlayer' died
        [SVCMGR]: service 'mstar.SecureApi' died
        At that point the TV carries on playing for 10 seconds or so and then it reboots and starts the loop over again.

I should be able to flash new firmware from the USB following the instructions in the link I posted above but I was hoping to be able to take a backup of the existing firmware first. It seems I need to be able to get into the service menu in order to do that though and the service menu is not working.

Anyway I will probably just go ahead and try flashing some new software tomorrow and see what happens.
        Attached Files

Comment

So I have had some success. You have to hold OK on the remote while you plug in and then the bootloader will check the usb for the file usb_auto_update_A1.txt. This file holds instructions for reflashing the bootloader and the NAND ic with files on the usb. I also found a few mb90 .bin firmware files around on google. I have got the TV up and running now and it stays on with menus now and works great with HDMI etc. The only problem is the TV tuner on this board is a different version than the firmwares I have found are configured for, so it can't tune in digital TV.

So I am on the hunt for firmware more specific for this TV. I have contacted Argos and Vestel themselves but no response yet. I am also thinking I may be able to track down another owner of the same model and extract a dump from theirs, but it looks like there's different versions of the same model no, so that might be tricky to find the exact right one. I was also wondering if there was a way to reconfigure or recompile the current software with drivers for the tuner I have, but not really sure how to go about that. Anyway I am happy to have made progress and hoping a way forward from here will come up soon enough.

Comment

Interesting stuff.

You can unpack the Vestel NAND images -- it's just a SquashFS partition. I've done it on my linux box (unsquashfs), might be possible on Windows too. Using that, you might be able to extract the tuner modules (for Linux) and put them in your good image (which works the TV.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That would be amazing! I have found the source code for the driver for the correct tuner module so might be able to use that if I can.

However when I do unsquashfs on the flash image I get "Can't find a SQUASHFS superblock on mb90_en.bin". I also tried sasquatch which is supposed to get around any vendor specific squashfs formats and that didn't manage it either:

SquashFS version [13881.43518] / inode count [1149641223] suggests a SquashFS image of a different endianess
              Non-standard SquashFS Magic: ɥǼ
              Reading a different endian SQUASHFS filesystem on mb90_en.bin
              Filesystem on mb90_en.bin is (14646:65193), which is a later filesystem version than I support!

Comment

I had to install an earlier version of squashfs from repos to unpack it... I'll see if I have my notes when I get back home. Was looking at a Smart Vestel firmware image for a friend...
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Cool. That would be extremely useful thanks!

I ran binwalk on the downloaded firmware file and got nothing, but I've also dumped a file back from NAND which I think I can extract the kernel from. Haven't got time to do it right now though. Would be great to hear how you did it.

Comment

Hello tn245 did you manage to fix this problem ?

Comment

my fault sound but no picture found a diode shorted on the power supply all fixed testing now
                      Attached Files

Comment

@tom how could i get a copy of the firmware for the mainboard incase others need it ?

Comment

Hi there. I was due an update on this thread. Thanks for prompting me. Glad you got yours going - be thankful it wasn't a main board issue.

Short answer is no, I didn't fix it, but I had a bit of an adventure trying.

Basically there are a LOT of different versions of this TV, as with most Vestel stuff it seems. Different panels, mainboard revisions, software on the mainboards etc.. I figured out that the 354a on the barcode sticker on my mainboard corresponds to the software version - 3.5.4a in this case. I found quite a few versions on mb95 software lying around the internet. Later versions from around 3.5 have support for the Si2157 tuner chip which this one has. Earlier ones are set up for only the Si2156. I figured out how to switch it to use either tuner. Also how to swap panel files from other versions of the software.

In the end I got hold of another mb95m mainboard who's connectors didn't match up to mine but the software version was close enough. I pulled the bootloader and software and flashed them to the original mainboard and everything worked - tuner, panel, menus. Couldn't get internet to work for the life of me though.

Thing is that very shortly after the software corrupted again. So I figured as tom66 had said I should replace the NAND chip as they have a limited life and this one might have been getting tired. First I got the exact hynix replacement from utsource but I wonder if it was a pulled part because it had hundreds, maybe thousands of bad blocks marked from the get go, and flashing the software did not go too well. So then I found an equivalent Toshiba part which worked great and I got the TV going again and all seemed fine.

But.. it didn't work for long before the software corrupted again and it went back to the restart thing it was doing at the beginning of the story.

So the question is what is causing the software to go corrupt? I was previously blaming old or cheap NAND chips but having replaced it, it looks like something else is to blame. Would love to hear some theories on this.

Anyway, I have a few firmware files and some knowledge gained from way too much time messing around with it, so am happy to help with any questions anyone has. The files are a bit too big for the upload here though so I can maybe email them or upload them somewhere if there's a place for that.
                          Attached Files

Comment

my BUSH LED40127FHD comes on for about 27seconds the goes off for 15secs back lights are OK, no menus or other inputs

Comment

Did you upload full firmware to web? I failed my spi and have only red led light. So I need to flash nand too. Can we flash nand without removing from circuit? (model Finlux 40FX7440S vestel product mb95)

Comment

hi I need firmware for 17mb95 Tn245 would you send it to me my email is mossasarozina@gmail.com . thank you

Comment

If the PSU appears dead and does not light the standby LED then try replacing a shorted BS5100 diode. Picture uploaded.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
                                    Interesting. I managed to get a serial connection to pins 10 and 12 of the SCART, and you can see the linux boot up process going on.
                                    I've had tried the same, but with a vestel 17MB82-2 (works OK), same configuration (scart), and this is what I get:

I have tried with different baud rate, but I get same result (or even nothing at all). What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
                                      Hi there. I was due an update on this thread. Thanks for prompting me. Glad you got yours going - be thankful it wasn't a main board issue.

Short answer is no, I didn't fix it, but I had a bit of an adventure trying.

Basically there are a LOT of different versions of this TV, as with most Vestel stuff it seems. Different panels, mainboard revisions, software on the mainboards etc.. I figured out that the 354a on the barcode sticker on my mainboard corresponds to the software version - 3.5.4a in this case. I found quite a few versions on mb95 software lying around the internet. Later versions from around 3.5 have support for the Si2157 tuner chip which this one has. Earlier ones are set up for only the Si2156. I figured out how to switch it to use either tuner. Also how to swap panel files from other versions of the software.

In the end I got hold of another mb95m mainboard who's connectors didn't match up to mine but the software version was close enough. I pulled the bootloader and software and flashed them to the original mainboard and everything worked - tuner, panel, menus. Couldn't get internet to work for the life of me though.

Thing is that very shortly after the software corrupted again. So I figured as tom66 had said I should replace the NAND chip as they have a limited life and this one might have been getting tired. First I got the exact hynix replacement from utsource but I wonder if it was a pulled part because it had hundreds, maybe thousands of bad blocks marked from the get go, and flashing the software did not go too well. So then I found an equivalent Toshiba part which worked great and I got the TV going again and all seemed fine.

But.. it didn't work for long before the software corrupted again and it went back to the restart thing it was doing at the beginning of the story.

So the question is what is causing the software to go corrupt? I was previously blaming old or cheap NAND chips but having replaced it, it looks like something else is to blame. Would love to hear some theories on this.

Anyway, I have a few firmware files and some knowledge gained from way too much time messing around with it, so am happy to help with any questions anyone has. The files are a bit too big for the upload here though so I can maybe email them or upload them somewhere if there's a place for that.
                                      Hi , I am new to this forum , I may have this software if you still need it ? also I am very interested to know how you get to read out the firmware from the set , and if you could point me in the direction of the model specific files such as , Tuner, Screen ETC ? It could be very usefull to read out files from a working set and save them for future use., I am new to forums and not sure how to contact you again so here is me e mail if you want to correspond ? md@digifixltd.co.uk

Comment

Any news on unpacking firmware images?
                                        No squashFS or binwalk or other can decode firmware.
                                        And looking at usb update txt file,can see one command
                                        - dectest aesecb and some hex values.
                                        That is used to decrypt firmware.

Comment

I think the only fix for these is to get a Flash analyser remove old Ic freeze it, read data reload it on to new Ic and problem solved. I have tried for hours to get it work no luck what so ever.
                                          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
                                          X