Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bush (Vestel) led40127fhdcntd - turns off and on repeatedly

Can Anyone help I had one of these tvs given to me today thought it was worth a look, ive done the software update, tv was switching on and off as all the other seem to do but ive lost my tuner, think its the si2156 and it should be the si2157 also checked the service menu and hddp is disabled, am no good with hex editors etc can someone point me in the right direction, tv is a bush led40127fhdcntd

thanks

Comment

HI TEAM
      I need help , i have a HYUNDAI SMART TV NODEL/ 40HYN114DLED-SMART with VESTEL shassis17MB95M and ic epprom MX25L1606E . When i take it and put power stby red led blinking all the time . i flash the epprom with a bios who buy from biosfix but the tv do the same. At first look i see that remote control it works becouse when i put the power buton the tv goes to stunby and red led stop blinking and stay on with red, if give again order from r/c start blinking again. after the prosses write bios the remote control now is not respond . one friend give me the loader pkg for update from usb.now i cant do it becouse if give order from r/c ok it didnt responde tv with r/c .
      What must do know and where can find the corect bios for respond again r/c with tv?
      Thanks for the help sory for my bad eanglish. I am from greece.

Comment

i got this problem with my toshiba tv which is a vestel board inside. tv turns on and stays on but pressing power button on remote it goes to standby mode but after a couple of seconds it powers back on and then keeps turning off and on unless i press the power button on the remote when its in a power off cycle with red led light it will then stay on.
        when on its no problem works fine but cant have it on all the time. not sure where to begin with this its a 75 incher so not easy to move around or take off the wall.

Comment

i suspect this may be the board im dealing with:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slybunda View Post
            i got this problem with my toshiba tv which is a vestel board inside. tv turns on and stays on but pressing power button on remote it goes to standby mode but after a couple of seconds it powers back on and then keeps turning off and on unless i press the power button on the remote when its in a power off cycle with red led light it will then stay on.
            when on its no problem works fine but cant have it on all the time. not sure where to begin with this its a 75 incher so not easy to move around or take off the wall.
            What is the full make and model number of the tv maybe its the ir sensor board at fault

Comment

its a toshiba 75u6763db.
              when i press power button the screen goes off and i hide the remote behind me but tv still comes back on by itself and turns off and on again and again until i catch it when the red light is on and hit the power button on the remote then it turns on and stays on.

however last night it seems to have stayed off but iv not tried using it today. will try it and post back.

Comment

So maybe your TV button itself is “leaking”, has oxidation inside, which leads to false activation of switching on and off.

Comment

tv was doing the same thing today. powers on and stays on and works fine but when power button pressed on remote tv goes off but then comes back on and keeps cycling on and off until i press the power button on the remote while its got the red light on and off and then it powers on and stays on.
                  have taken it off the wall now since i had some help from the wife. deffo a 2 man job to take it off the wall.
                  will take the back cover off tomorrow and have a look inside.
                  some pics attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks like i may have found the problem: pics attached

looks like 2 green things i think they were thermistors are popped. not sure what type they were but found another green one next to another one of those black boxes which might be a relay of sorts.

what to do? not sure what the original ones were in size or type since they blown up and cant see any marking on them now.
                    guess its good news that there is something visible to this. also that would explain the loud popping noise i get when turning tv on sometimes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

added some extra pics of the board incase anyone is interested or has similar issues and would benefit from them.
                      Attached Files

Comment

just to add, iv checked the mosfets with multimeter and not seeing any shorts , the 2 blown thermistors have resistance values of 38.5ohm and 226kohm. the not blown one on the board has a reading of 14.2ohm.
                        issue is that the tv once turned on wont turn off. now i dont know if thermistors can cause that sort of issue.
                        also not sure what would have caused them to blow in the first place? power spike from the mains or something else? odd that when turned on the tv stays on and works fine for hours.

Comment

backside of the working thermistor has a line going through it, not sure if thats normal or not. pic attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

took the relay off and had a look inside, all seems good, was also able to get a look at the blown thermistor, looks like its a SCK 102
                            pics attached
                            Attached Files

Comment

also done multimeter test on the bridge rectifiers part number D25XB80, both tested fine no shorts.

Comment

SCK-102 - NTC thermistor 10 Ом, 2 А, 20%

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                  SCK-102 - NTC thermistor 10 Ом, 2 А, 20%
                                  Odd the info i got from here: https://www.lcsc.com/mobile/product-...Y_C211173.html

Says its 10 ohm 3 amp 2.4w?

Comment

Found some options but not sure
                                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/therm...s/0467620?gb=s
                                    That one above seems to be rated at 1.8w so may be an issue
                                    This one below is 3w and i think 4a
                                    https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/therm...s/7691861?gb=s
                                    Again not sure if they will work for me but i can get these tomorrow morning since the shop is close to me

Comment

Sck-10(2) The last digit indicates amperes.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by lotas; 11-07-2023, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                        Sck-10(2) The last digit indicates amperes.

Ahh cool, what sort of wattage should it be?

Comment

https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/...Y_C211173.html

website above has given me this info on the SCK102
                                          pic attached.

when selecting a thermistor what does the specs need to match? is it just got to be the ohm rating at 25c temp?

what is thermal time constant rating? i see this vary on similar spec thermistors. the SCK102 has 38 seconds and im struggling to find one that matches that exactly, most are 30s or 60s or more?
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by slybunda; 11-07-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X