lg-55UH6090-UF DEAD NO STANBY LGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lg-55UH6090-UF DEAD NO STANBY LGHT

take PWB off tv and look at it. normally a burnt smell is from PWB. check leds with led checker and look at voltages from led strips

Comment

The powerboard has been replaced. The only problem I'm running into is I only have a multimeter and I can't really check the LEDs to see. When I disconnect the led wire from the powerboard it shows a red blinking light on the standby and the other processing board fires up.

Comment

I would suspect LEDS.

Comment

I have ordered a new set and will get them replaced and let you know for sure. I was just a little perplexed on the fact the standby light was blinking red

Comment

Here are some pics of it
            Attached Files

Comment

Upon taking it apart I noticed on the left handed side led board the end of the strip the led was blown out on the actual solder joint and was blackened at the end. Pictures below
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Prestonsback View Post
                I was just a little perplexed on the fact the standby light was blinking red
                Unlike previous LG models that stayed on with no backlight with backlight problems, UH series will shut down and flash the front LED. You may still get a flash of the logo/backlights unless there is an open circuit.

Comment

Thank you for clarification. I think the led on that strip above burned out and like I mentioned before when the strip was plugged in it would show no signs of life at all, but after I removed the connection of the led on psu it showed the blinking red light on the front and the main board fired back up.

Comment

LED tester is worth buying if you want to repair these tvs.

Comment

Working...
                    X