samsung BN44-00599A PWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung BN44-00599A PWB

on this tv - only one row of 7 pins goes into that black connector (you show 2 rows but the connector only has 1 row of 7 pins - 7 wires). I may have checked voltages on wrong pins - i'll check them again tomorrow.
    there is nothing else that plugs into main board except speaker connector, power board connector, and ribbon connectors.
    Last edited by ajshoe; 12-30-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Is this your board? if it is there are two rows of pins, the row exposed on the top of the main board do not connect to the joystick board
      The connector has 18 pins, two rows of 9 pins. Unplug the connector and look at the plug.

I still count 8 wires on the plug between the joystick board and the main board.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 12-30-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Here is the pinout of the joystick.
        Attached Files

Comment

that is my main bd - obviously it has 8 wires. I was looking at post #16 (lotas) pinout. I'll measure voltages shortly and report back.

Comment

with joy button 8 pin connector disconnected. orig main bd in - all pins had 12-15 Mvolts except ground pin. with new EBAY main bd - all pins had 205 Mvolts except ground. NO 3.3 VOLTS on any main bd joy button connector pins. tells me I have 2 bad main boards.
            standby was 3.3V and 5V was 5.1 volts. on main board PWB connector

Comment

anybody know how 3.3 volts gets to joy button from main bd from power supply ? anything I should be looking at or Main bd not worth the time ?

Comment

There should be buck regulators on the board, they would take the A5v and drop it to 3.3v They usually are an 8 pin ic with a coil near it, there look like a couple circuits like that near the hdmi1 port.
                Look up or post the numbers on the ic to see if they are regulator ic's
                There are also 3 pin ic regulators with numbers like LD1117
                You can also try tracing back from the A3.3V test point using your meter in resistance mode.
                Last edited by R_J; 12-31-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

thanks - I will take a look

Comment

most likely another chip on that 3.3V line thats shorted out. I read something about this main board having a bad chip - samsung has a tech bulletin out on this board. should have been a recall. terrible how manufacturers are putting everything on 1 board and NO SCHEMATICs available

Comment

found this training manual - too bad they didn't go over joy stick button testing or 3.3V checking on connector CN1202
                      also technical service bulletin about main board
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ajshoe; 12-31-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

joystick button CN1202 Pin 3 (A3.3V) is shorted to ground (joystick is disconnected). USB connector VCC is not attached to LD1117 anywhere. maybe goes thru resistor to USB port. The two LD1117 i found are not shorted. this board is a nightmare without schematic. Tab of LD1117 is VCC-out and can't locate where it goes. Also LD1117 VCC-in doesn't go directly to standby (PWB)

Comment

Main bd pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

traced CN201 (main bd conn to PWB) standby voltage to Samsung prop chip sps-HI16.
                            all buck regulators (found 3) have 0 volts at input with main power on.
                            I give up - main board is a nightmare to trace. not worth my time.

Comment

quick follow up - bought second main bd and installed it. had 3.3 V at joy stick button connector. put it together and works perfectly. Lesson learned - watch who your buying boards from - lots of sleaze balls out there. Bottom line this main board is not worth working on (my opinion).

Comment

Post #16 nailed it.

Comment

bom dia, tambem preciso do esquema eletrico pn51f4500 ou placa da fonte bn44-00599

Comment

Working...
                                  X