Trying to renew my old computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to renew my old computer

hi have installed a motherboard Intel desktop DH67CF which I think unused but pc does not start tried first with power supply (corsair tx 650) then with an another (ACE model: 500T) thought it was wrong with the first one but same result what could be wrong ?

Re: Trying to renew my old computer

no one can advise me? all advice is warmly welcome

Comment

Sounds like a bad board.... Tried reseating things? Verified CPU, RAM, and GPU are good?
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Is it powering up, but nothing else happens other than fans and LEDs? That is a common issue. The first thing to try, is to reseat the video card and the RAM.

A dead CPU can be the cause of the above-mentioned symptom.

Especially on socket 775 and later-era systems, it can mean poor contact with the RAM. They're known for not always bleeping and sometimes will do nothing, except for powering up, just like a dead CPU.
        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 01-28-2022, 12:20 PM.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

thanks Topcat and RJARRRPCGP how can I do when it does not start and the rest how do I do? RJARRRPCGP it lights up but no fan that works I use integrated video cards RAM can I reset

Comment

We need more details here.

I see the board is socket 1155 with H67 chipset. Manual says it supports only 65 Watt TDP CPUs (i3, i5, and i7). The board also has on-board video and a PCI-E 16x 2.0 slot.

With that said, first and foremost, does the board even power up? In other words, if you press the power button, do the system fans come On and stay On? The PSU fan may not come On if it's a newer PSU and has an "Eco" mode feature or just doesn't run the fan until it gets hot. However, the CPU fan should spin and keep spinning for as long as the system is up and running. If the system seems to only power up and turn off, you may have a power issue. If you do, stop here and let us know. If not, then continue with the below items.

1) What CPU are you using?

2) What about RAM - what kind of RAM are you using? Can you provide a picture or specs written on the RAM?

3) Have you tried resetting CMOS yet? If not, disconnect power from motherboard and remove CMOS battery for a few minutes. Then re-insert battery and re-connect to PSU. See page 54 and 54 in the manual and check your BIOS jumper block configuration is correct - it should be in the "Normal" position when the board is operating properly. But to reset CMOS, put the jumper in the "Configure" position and try turning On the motherboard with that. If board does turn On in the Configure position, move jumper to Normal position, set up things in CMOS, save, and restart. Board should boot normally.

4) Which graphics port are you using on the motherboard - on-board or external graphics card? If on-board, try an external (discrete) video card.

5) Does the board have a mini speaker/buzzer? (According to the manual, page 13, there should be one - it's labeled "N" on the diagram.) If not, try connecting one to hear if BIOS throws up any errors. If none, remove all the RAM modules and see if the board beeps then. Report back what you get here.

6) If none of the above work, disconnect power from motherboard and remove CPU from socket. Check CPU socket pins carefully under good light and see if any are bent or broken.

Comment

Hi momaka and thanks for all the advice.1) mothercard lights up whith the power cord ,presses on start no fan, power supply is ok tried with jumper and it works. Bios jumper is on normal Cpu: i3 and it has no pins but I will check the socket tomorrow. Have connected the speaker but no sound and have used onboard graphic card HDMI port. I have not tried your suggestions because it is quite late 04 but I will return with pictures and answers to your questions thank you very much
              Last edited by bohaboha; 01-30-2022, 09:19 PM. Reason: fogot to give important info

Comment

make sure the battery is good - stupid as that sounds.
                there are a few boards that wont boot without it!!

Comment

Intel stopped making motherboards a long time ago. I don't think the quality was up to snuff next to other brands
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Hi Stj as you said so the battery was dead encapsulated one. I have examined the psu socket's pin momaka asked me to do the upper half is straight and the lower half looks to be curved but the whole lower half so I think they should be so you can maybe see in the picture
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                      Intel stopped making motherboards a long time ago. I don't think the quality was up to snuff next to other brands
                      have not bought got it for free complete with cpu mounted and 8gb Ram

Comment

CPU socket looks good to me.
                        Originally posted by stj View Post
                        make sure the battery is good - stupid as that sounds.
                        there are a few boards that wont boot without it!!
                        I've seen some Acer mini systems that are like that....dead CMOS battery = no post!
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                        http://folding.stanford.edu/
                        Team : 49813
                        Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          CPU socket looks good to me.

I've seen some Acer mini systems that are like that....dead CMOS battery = no post!
                          Old ATI chipsets too!
                          sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Topcat it is as you say the socket pins are good I have compared with something else they should be so.battery has replaced with a new one now we will see what happens will come back later

Comment

all to save the cost of a double diode in a sot23 package!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                all to save the cost of a double diode in a sot23 package!
                                I do not understand what you mean

Comment

to everyone who helped, I put it all together but it does not work exactly the same as before. I wonder if I force the start using a bridge on the power supply instead of the start button it does not damage the motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                                    I do not understand what you mean
                                    i was refering to boards that wont boot without a good battery

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                                      to everyone who helped, I put it all together but it does not work exactly the same as before. I wonder if I force the start using a bridge on the power supply instead of the start button it does not damage the motherboard?
                                      no, it wont damage the board.
                                      maybe the bios is corrupt and needs to be reprogrammed.

Comment

I have started led lights, fan working but nothing on screen also no usb that responds the black ones I do not have the other usb yet, no sound either, do not know what to do next. .
                                        You wrote about corrupt Bios that may need to be reprogrammed how to do it ?

Comment

Working...
                                        X