Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP G5 840 BIOS CFG lock?

Hello,

I'm trying to get an HP G5 840 BIOS to allow writing to the MSR 0xE2 register (CFG lock bit unset). The purpose is to allow a hackintosh installation write to the power management settings needed by MacOS, for stability reasons since the available hacks seem unstable with frequent freezes/crashes of the system.

With other manufacturers this seems quite easy, but with HP I'm quite out of luck. Is there anybody that has successfully patched an HP Elitebook BIOS to allow for this CFG Lock modification?

In there's any chance this can be done, I will work on getting a dump of the BIOS. So far I've tested with other BIOS dumps other users uploaded but I don't see any "CFG lock" string/unicode string on HxD that I should see according to other CFG unlocking tutorials (for other manufacturers at least). The dumps I'm using seem unencrypted to me, there's clear text readable.

Thanks in advance!

Re: HP G5 840 BIOS CFG lock?

Just as a followup, could it be that this configuration has different naming in HP? The goal is still the same, allow the SO to write a specific register (normally protected) related to power management.

Comment

Working...
    X