Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atten ST862D hot air station weird message!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atten ST862D hot air station weird message!!

Went to use my Atten ST862D hot air station today all fired up as normal but after few min's the heat stopped (air stil blowing) and the display popped up with the messasge COL.

I've read the manual (all 6 pages of it) from cover to cover but no mention of a display message COL ??

I'm guessing the heating element has gone and will investigate futher but just wondered if enyone else with an Atten ST862D has seen this message an knew what it ment? Just incase its something else.

SOLVED---- Re: Atten ST862D hot air station weird message!!

Turns out there are a few different user guides for this hot air station, initially i had the one showing just the base station, i've now got another version that shows the basestation and the handle.

Basically if you hold the button on the handle for 3 sec's it turns off the hot air and displays COL = cold (not enough charaters on display to spell cold).

So i must have acidentally switched it to cold air only (DOE) and automatically thought the heating element had gone.

Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by petemanuk; 01-14-2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Re: Atten ST862D hot air station weird message!!

COL is probably the cooldown mode triggered by putting the handpiece in the stand.
      a lot of air stations have it usually involving a magnet and reedswitch

Comment

Re: Atten ST862D hot air station weird message!!

Change Heating Element ( OR ) Handle ...!

Comment

Working...
        X