Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACER NITRO AN517-51 BIOS and EC

Hi,

I have an Acer Nitro AN517-51 (EH5VF LA-H501P Rev:1A) with a faulty SIO. I want to replace and rewrite it, and also reflash the BIOS for safety's sake. I have attached dumps for both the BIOS as well as the SIO. Can somebody provide me with a clean, up-to-date BIOS with DMI info transferred as well as a separate, programmable EC extraction?

I thank you very much in advance for your help.

Cheers,

sect-sin
    Attached Files

Re: ACER NITRO AN517-51 BIOS and EC

Originally posted by sect-sin View Post
    Hi,

I have an Acer Nitro AN517-51 (EH5VF LA-H501P Rev:1A) with a faulty SIO. I want to replace and rewrite it, and also reflash the BIOS for safety's sake. I have attached dumps for both the BIOS as well as the SIO. Can somebody provide me with a clean, up-to-date BIOS with DMI info transferred as well as a separate, programmable EC extraction?

I thank you very much in advance for your help.

Cheers,

sect-sin
    Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Acer with your DMI and Windows Key.
    Also New EC file is attached.

Serial Number: NHQ5CEV010936013643400.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Acer with your DMI and Windows Key.
      Also New EC file is attached.

Serial Number: NHQ5CEV010936013643400.
      Thank you very much for the files. After successful programming, the notebook still does not work. It is powering on for a split second with keyboard backlight and fan spin, but shuts down immediately. There are no obvious shorts anywhere, and in pressing the power button, the power sequence goes all the way through VCC_SA, but there is no voltage on the Vcore rails, not even for a millisecond. I need to diagnose this further, and will give feedback if I find out what the problem is.

Cheers,

sect-sin
      Last edited by sect-sin; 03-10-2023, 06:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by sect-sin View Post
        ... the power sequence goes all the way through VCC_SA, but there is no voltage on the Vcore rails, not even for a millisecond.
        I am having the same problem now = no Vcore rail, only VCC_SA. Did you find the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by mauda View Post
          I am having the same problem now = no Vcore rail, only VCC_SA. Did you find the solution?
          Hi,

Unfortunately no. In my case everything points to a damaged PCH. I tried everything to no avail.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Working...
          X