Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

I have a similar problem Lulinha - updated the bios week ago, then it was stuck in a logo loop (turns on for a few second and then off). After cleaning the ME region it still persists, with an exception of the logo being displayed only a second instead of two.

I wonder if the corrupted update destroyed something else in the bios other than the ME region and that's why replacing the ME with a clean one won't help.
    The surefire way would be (I assume) to take a working bios from other Surface and adapt it to our models (not sure what are the other device specific variables besides a serial number / computrace), but I am not savvy enough to do that yet. Can't find a software to edit those variables or a place in the bios file where I could change them manually with a hex editor.

If anybody has any tip for more resources regarding this, please let me know. If I will find a way to fix my bios I will update with a solution.
    Last edited by Prott; 03-06-2023, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I have a bootloop with a BIOS chip, and even without a BIOS chip, can it be that something else is defective?

Comment

maybe some components are missing, can someone compare that with their own motherboard.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by isa198585 View Post
          maybe some components are missing, can someone compare that with their own motherboard.
          I have a different revision of the board, but let me check anyway and take photos. Will update as soon as I am back after a dog walk. Can you remove the headpipe and check also under it?

Comment

Here it is. Let me know if you would like photos of anything particular. I can take them with a microscope.

EDIT: Sorry about the fluff. Have to ultrasonic it later.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Prott; 03-08-2023, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Does anybody have a working dump of the SAM bios? It has it's own flash memory (MX25U1635EZUI) which might be the culprit in this case.

I checked the signals and it seems as if the SAM is not even attempting to enable the phase for the CPU. It enables the logo to be displayed, turns on the backlight and then craps out.

Comment

UPDATE: My theory is that during a bios update the PMC region got corrupted to a point that the PMC can't turn on the Surface properly anymore. Without turning on the main CPU it can't get a new (uncorrupted) update from the main BIOS flash for the suplementary PMC flash, because updating of the PMC flash needs the main CPU to be active to access the main bios flash.

I will try to grab the PMC region from the known good bios and write it to the PMC bios flash manually. Let's see :-)

Comment

I successfully dumped the PCH flash, however none of the unpacked files in bios seems to match it with it's size. Attaching the bin.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can point me to where I can find a working PCH / LPC54S firmware?
                  Or is somebody generous enough to dump their working PCH/SAM flash? :-)

I am pretty sure a corrupted PCH firmware is the culprit of, at least, some of the boot loop / logo hanging issues (PCH starting the boot sequence but hanging short of enabling the power rails for the cpu).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, please surface has MDM enrolled, please help me to remove. was locked before but i was able to clear password. Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is it possible to collect dump bios from scratch for microsoft surface pro 7 1866?

Comment

Please unlock my bios dump. i have bios password and i cant boot from USB
                        Attached Files

Comment

@Smeek
                          Password removed and Computrace deactivated.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                            @Smeek
                            Password removed and Computrace deactivated.
                            working great, thank you
                            I have one more with the same issue, if you can help me i appreciate
                            Attached Files

Comment

@Smeek
                              Here's the other file.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                                @Smeek
                                Here's the other file.
                                still locked, can t do nothing on BIOS, USB can t boot

Comment

@Smeek
                                  All I can tell is that the BIOS "AWORD" variable is different, in the first file it contains a hash and in the second file it only contains the DEADDEADh hex string, I've only invalidated this "AWORD" variable in both files, but it only worked on the first BIOS file.

Comment

please help surface pro 7 fix the bios on until the 2 second logo turns off

please help surface pro 7 fix the bios on until the 2 second logo turns off, thank's
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smeek View Post
                                      still locked, can t do nothing on BIOS, USB can t boot
                                      Test and comments
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Please help surface 7 pro bios password fix
                                        Attached Files

Comment

@bin_adam
                                          Password removed and Computrace disabled.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X