Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Latitude 6430U Bios dumps (ec+main)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Latitude 6430U Bios dumps (ec+main)

Hi, does anybody have these?

The board is LA-8831P. I have successfully flashed a pair of files for E6430 which work, but obviously the model is incorrect and the bios cannot be upgraded in the usual way, so I need the dumps specifically from a 6430U.

Many thanks

Re: Dell Latitude 6430U Bios dumps (ec+main)

Originally posted by pingaroon View Post
    Hi, does anybody have these?

The board is LA-8831P. I have successfully flashed a pair of files for E6430 which work, but obviously the model is incorrect and the bios cannot be upgraded in the usual way, so I need the dumps specifically from a 6430U.

Many thanks
    try ..
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much. Owe you a beer

Comment

Here's an update on how things went. Your files were version A01 and they allowed the board to boot up fine. Problem is I cannot update the bios. Have tried windows and dos, (it prepares the upgrade, then reboots, but never applies the update). Tried other things like disabling virtualisation, resetting cmos etc, but nothing will allow me to update. I managed to get hold of another 6430u laptop - updated the bios fine on that one, then copied contents of chips over. Now I have A15, but still the same problem - bios will not allow any other version to be flashed. I'm wondering if this is to do the Intel ME data - but I am unable to clear that since even good dumps throw an error using ME Analyzer. If anyone knows how I can fix this, please let me know. Thanks

Comment

here's an update on how things went. Your files were version a01 and they allowed the board to boot up fine. Problem is i cannot update the bios. Have tried windows and dos, (it prepares the upgrade, then reboots, but never applies the update). Tried other things like disabling virtualisation, resetting cmos etc, but nothing will allow me to update. I managed to get hold of another 6430u laptop - updated the bios fine on that one, then copied contents of chips over. Now i have a15, but still the same problem - bios will not allow any other version to be flashed. I'm wondering if this is to do the intel me data - but i am unable to clear that since even good dumps throw an error using me analyzer. If anyone knows how i can fix this, please let me know. Thanks
          try
          Attached Files

Comment

Great Job Thank you

Comment

to resurrect this thread, I am still looking for a main/ec pair that I can use for this board which will subsequently allow a bios update. The 2 posted by Ghamidi work fine, but cannot be updated via Dell bios update (the machine just reboots). the main bios file gives the output below from MEANalzyer and so I can't attempt to clear the me in the usual way as it can't successfully read in the file...

══════════════════════════════════════════╝

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
              ║ U52.BIN.bak (1/1) ║
              ╟─────────────────────────────┬─────────────╢
              ║ Family │ ME ║
              ╟─────────────────────────────┼─────────────╢
              ║ Version │ 8.1.0.1265 ║
              ║ Release │ Production ║
              ║ Type │ Extracted ║
              ║ SKU │ 5MB ║
              ║ TCB Security Version Number │ 1 ║
              ║ Version Control Number │ 2 ║
              ║ Production Ready │ Yes ║
              ║ Date │ 2012-07-05 ║
              ║ Size │ 0x4A4000 ║
              ║ Flash Image Tool │ 8.1.0.1265 ║
              ║ Chipset Support │ CPT/PBG/PPT ║
              ║ Latest │ No ║
              ╚═════════════════════════════╧═════════════╝

Error: Detected incomplete firmware size 0x800000, expected 0xC00000!

Warning: Firmware size exceeds Engine/Graphics region, possible data loss!

Note: Adjusted buffer to Flash Descriptor 0x0 - 0xC00000!

Comment

[QUOTE=pingaroon;1045035]to resurrect this thread, I am still looking for a main/ec pair that I can use for this board which will subsequently allow a bios update. The 2 posted by Ghamidi work fine, but cannot be updated via Dell bios update (the machine just reboots). the main bios file gives the output below from MEANalzyer and so I can't attempt to clear the me in the usual way as it can't successfully read in the file...

here,try this one.
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi, thanks, yes that works and allows the bios to be updated to later versions of the E6430, but it won't allow 6430U updates, complaining of wrong model. Perhaps there is a way of modifying that dump to change its id to a 6430U, rather than an E6430? Maybe then the bios update could go through?

Comment

Hi, update on this - I managed to clear the ME an a good A06 dump from another board. This allows the bios to be upgradeable once installed. bios and ec attached. Note, The E6430 bios is almost the same as the 6430U but does not work 100% the same way (eg problems with how the fan operates), so anyone with a 6430U will need a good pair of 6430U bios files, such as these

Finally I can give back on this forum!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

This one has the latest bios A15 and also the latest version of Intel ME. The main dump is truly clean this time (the previous one I posted is not). It can be upgraded but only the main bios and the ec. It will fail when trying to upgrade the Intel ME during the bios update. I made this one by fully updating a healthy board with its native bios/ec still intact, then cleared the ME region on that. There are screenshots included in the attached zip. From what I can glean on the internet, the ME upgrade fails because it thinks it is actually trying to downgrade, so barfs. Anyway, there will probably be no more official Dell updates for the 6430U, so anyone with this board can just use the files in this zip.
                      Attached Files

Comment

bios good 100%> Thank you very much

Comment

This one has the latest bios A15 and also the latest version of Intel ME. The main dump is truly clean this time (the previous one I posted is not). It can be upgraded but only the main bios and the ec. It will fail when trying to upgrade the Intel ME during the bios update. I made this one by fully updating a healthy board with its native bios/ec still intact, then cleared the ME region on that. There are screenshots included in the attached zip. From what I can glean on the internet, the ME upgrade fails because it thinks it is actually trying to downgrade, so barfs. Anyway, there will probably be no more official Dell updates for the 6430U, so anyone with this board can just use the files in this zip.
                          Work perfectly...Tanks.

Comment

confirmed good bios...thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X