Lenovo P52 20MA-S2Y60P Bios please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo P52 20MA-S2Y60P Bios please

Looking for a working bios on this one. It kept booting without image, and finally shutting of again.

The bios I pulled off it is included just in case. Thanx in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo P52 20MA-S2Y60P Bios please

Originally posted by Jenzo View Post
    Looking for a working bios on this one. It kept booting without image, and finally shutting of again.

The bios I pulled off it is included just in case. Thanx in advance!
    We will need your Serial Number.

Remember: your Backup file has 1KB (200h) extra size in the end.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The S/N: PF-1M7QP1
      Added a picture of it as well.

And I did not know that, must I do something with that?
      Attached Files

Comment

The S/N: PF-1M7QP1
        Added a picture of it as well.

And I did not know that, must I do something with that?
        Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.

About the Backup, you should delete the extra (200h) in the end, maybe you will get an error when you try to program it back.
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Working on a phone atm, as soon as it's done I'll give it a go and let you know. Thank you for the help so far!

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
            We will need your Serial Number.

Remember: your Backup file has 1KB (200h) extra size in the end.
            That happens when an OTP chip is selected instead of the normal one
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              That happens when an OTP chip is selected instead of the normal one
              Thanks, added to my notes.
              >>>>>

Comment

With the new bios the powerbutton blinks 2 or 3 times when connecting the power supply, but no signs of life when pushing the powerbutton.

Maybe a small sidenote; I've only done this 2 times before, both worked out in the end, but I'm no expert at all :')

Comment

With the new bios the powerbutton blinks 2 or 3 times when connecting the power supply, but no signs of life when pushing the powerbutton.

Maybe a small sidenote; I've only done this 2 times before, both worked out in the end, but I'm no expert at all :')
                  This's your Original Backup, try to program it back and see if the device will back to the previous condition or will give no power as the New file.
                  Attached Files
                  >>>>>

Comment

Nothing either. When connecting the charger powerbutton led blinks 3 times, after that no signs of life.

Comment

I've just noticed it selected the wrong chip. I'm using NeoProgrammer, it selected Macronix MX25L25735E, but it's a MX25L25673G. The MX25L25673G is not available tho

Sorry, I'm mistaken, I was using CH341A - Programmer Tool 1.30. NeoProgrammer gives verification error on adress.
                      Last edited by Jenzo; 03-04-2023, 08:16 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Nothing either. When connecting the charger powerbutton led blinks 3 times, after that no signs of life.
                        Look for missing components on the Board, maybe you moved anything near by the BIOS Chip.
                        >>>>>

Comment

Nothing wrong with the board, I have quite some microsolder experience so this should not be the issue. I'm thinking that I'm messing up the writing of the chip.
                          When I use the detect function in CH341A Programmer I'm getting "Access violation at address 0097EA42. Read of address 0097EA42."

And when trying to verify the chip I get "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement."

Comment

Nothing wrong with the board, I have quite some microsolder experience so this should not be the issue. I'm thinking that I'm messing up the writing of the chip.
                            When I use the detect function in CH341A Programmer I'm getting "Access violation at address 0097EA42. Read of address 0097EA42."

And when trying to verify the chip I get "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement."
                            Try
                            Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

I keep getting the error "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement.", even with the one you provided hoaca388. Do I attempt to place the bios chip back and test it nonetheless?

Comment

I've just noticed it selected the wrong chip. I'm using NeoProgrammer, it selected Macronix MX25L25735E, but it's a MX25L25673G. The MX25L25673G is not available tho

Sorry, I'm mistaken, I was using CH341A - Programmer Tool 1.30. NeoProgrammer gives verification error on adress.
                                NeoProgrammer 2.2.0.10 supports the MX25L25673G .If you have the black PCB version ch341a its recommended to do a 3.3V mod to make it more stable https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-04-2023, 09:40 AM.
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you for that, it has indeed support for the chip I have here.

I do keep getting "Verification error on address: 0x00000000, Device: 0x00, Buffer: 0x11
                                  " tho, might it be because of the programmer I'm using (Indeed the black pcb ch341a)?
                                  And I could do the mod, but I might just upgrade to one of the better models since I'll probably get more jobs like this in the future. If I get this one going of course :') Where do I go from here?

Thanx to everyone for the assistance so far, it's been a teachable process!

Comment

Thank you for that, it has indeed support for the chip I have here.

I do keep getting "Verification error on address: 0x00000000, Device: 0x00, Buffer: 0x11
                                    " tho, might it be because of the programmer I'm using (Indeed the black pcb ch341a)?
                                    And I could do the mod, but I might just upgrade to one of the better models since I'll probably get more jobs like this in the future. If I get this one going of course :') Where do I go from here?

Thanx to everyone for the assistance so far, it's been a teachable process!
                                    Use a USB powered hub, make sure the chip is in or soldered onto the adapter board properly, and resolder the whole programmer.I have 2 of the green pcb versions,both were DOA ,resoldering fixed them both.If you get another programmer and the chip still has verification errors its faulty.

Comment

Did all of the above, and still having (different) issues. Sometimes it's a different issue, even tho I did nothing different. Makes me think there's an issue with the programmer or chip.

I ordered an RT809F, and a new bios chip. Will update the thread in about 2 weeks. Once again thanx to everyone helping me out here!

Comment

Hey everyone, as promised an update:

The bios now works! With the RT809F programmer no issues writing and verifying.

On a sad note, now it boots it turns out the display is really damaged, picture included. That will be a fun call to the client :').

Thank you to everyone helping me out here, I learned a lot here!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X