• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Clean Bios for DELL Vostro 5471

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    Vostro 5471
    Service Tag: 8F74C02
    thanks but unfortunately in this bios the fans are on full again, the keyboard is backlit but nothing else is happening .. could it be some other reason than a faulty bios?

Comment

Originally posted by BeHeX View Post
      thanks but unfortunately in this bios the fans are on full again, the keyboard is backlit but nothing else is happening .. could it be some other reason than a faulty bios?
      Maybe,using a external monitor if not have display, check other reasons

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
        Maybe,using a external monitor if not have display, check other reasons
        I tried on other monitors, etc. and still the same, I don't know what to do now

Comment

Originally posted by BeHeX View Post
          I tried on other monitors, etc. and still the same, I don't know what to do now
          Post your problem here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

SMDflea known-good dump managed to revive a dead 5471, but it now thinks it's an inspiron 5370. Both models use the same mobo but firmware images seem have different options in intel FIT re Intel PTT (at least, maybe others). So, the laptop's dTPM isn't seen by windows.

I recommend you try one of the cleaned 5471 dumps first, if you have a 5471.

Comment

I've confirmed that the TPM issues I had were due to using the bios Image from #10
              SHA256: 35f0a68f4b524fdc4f3c5ba9cc1aa2d3c4dc8be548dea0361f9387519b47431f
              In FIT, this image had "Enable fTPM at startup" ON, unlike my original Bios and the image in #2. As a result, after flashing my vostro 5471 booted, but I had no functioning TPM (bitlocker was suspended by the OS and could not be resumed).

I flashed the bios image from `new5471_CLEAR_ME.rar `, provided by Ghamidi in #2,
              SHA256: 962d3ac8f13e68027267eba26dc167e98b54cce85983dad4eafececade9dadb9
              Bios Version: 1.14
              Service Tag: 1THS902
              and the discrete TPM is working again.

Depending on your model (Maybe Inspiron 5370 has only fTPM/PTT???), you may want either. But for Vostro 5471, the one from #2 worked for me.

Thank you.
              Last edited by SharkeyJoe; 06-15-2023, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkeyJoe View Post
                SMDflea known-good dump managed to revive a dead 5471, but it now thinks it's an inspiron 5370. Both models use the same mobo but firmware images seem have different options in intel FIT re Intel PTT (at least, maybe others). So, the laptop's dTPM isn't seen by windows.

I recommend you try one of the cleaned 5471 dumps first, if you have a 5471.
                Thanks for the info
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Additional information for debugging Vostro 5471 flash issues,
                  hopefully useful to someone someday:

Symptom: No charger light, power button LED on, but computer doesn't boot
                  Problem: flash chip not present/soldered properly/dead.
                  The EC bootloader can't read its firmware from flash, so the laptop doesn't boot at all.

Symptom: No display. Diagnostic Led 2 Amber+1 white, described in manual as "Processor problem".
                  Problem: EC started, but flash is corrupted, Boot guard or ME issues. Reflash Bios.

Symptom: No display, fans on full speed, no diagnostic code.
                  Problem: I had this after flash was corrupted, but only after I disconnected CMOS battery.
                  Apparently, some setting were lost and this caused a different state. Bios Reflash solved it in my case.

Other LED diagnostic codes are less ambiguous, pay special attention to memory issues
                  due to badly seated RAM stick. Very common.

On a working machine, you can check which TPM you have from powershell with the `Get-TPM` cmdlet. For my Vostro 5471's discrete TPM chip the vendor string is "NTC", from the Nuvoton chip.

If the vendor string is "INTC" (INTel Corporation), it means the system sees/expects a PTT/fTPM.
                  Last edited by SharkeyJoe; 06-15-2023, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkeyJoe View Post

Depending on your model (Maybe Inspiron 5370 has only fTPM/PTT???)
                    I was able to confirm this using the schematics. Inspiron 5370 was known by the internal product name "LOKI", and does not have a discrete TPM (So use SMDFlea's image from #10). Vostro 5471 was known as "ARMANI" and have a discrete TPM (So use the image in #2, like I did).

After flashing #2 image, HWiNFO64 still shows the laptop model as "Inspiron 5370". I don't know if that's a glitch, or if all models in this family generically show up with that name. But so far, I haven't encountered any odd behavior or issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X