Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEWLETT PACKARD AX201NGW bios issue

Hi,
    I got this strange laptop that I am trying to fix. It has some kind of OS lock by some one. When I install windows on it, it does install windows but after few minutes it gets locked by a message. You can not do anything. Bios is very clear and no password.
    Does anyone know I can fix this either by flashing the bios or changing something in the bios.
    Please help.

Re: HEWLETT PACKARD AX201NGW bios issue

Originally posted by imran421 View Post
    Hi,
    I got this strange laptop that I am trying to fix. It has some kind of OS lock by some one. When I install windows on it, it does install windows but after few minutes it gets locked by a message. You can not do anything. Bios is very clear and no password.
    Does anyone know I can fix this either by flashing the bios or changing something in the bios.
    Please help.
    Take an image for the message, write your device Model and Service Number.
    Also Upload your BIOS Backup.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The AX201NGW is an intel wifi card
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        The AX201NGW is an intel wifi card
        Perhaps he saw it on the cover and thought it would be the Model Number?
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

yes it was on the machine

Comment

should i remove the card and use a different one to see issue gets resolved?

Comment

should i remove the card and use a different one to see issue gets resolved?
              Post the full laptop model number and a picture of the lock message
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

picture attached for all the details.
                Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

picture attached for all the details.
                  Thanks
                  According to your Serial Number (5CG1374W6W), your device Model is (HP EliteBook 830 G8). I can't see what is written after "frozen because the ..", but anyway we will need your BIOS Backup to help you.
                  Your device should contains 2 BIOS Chips (Main & EC), the 2 Chips could be 32M or (32MB & 16MB) WSON/SOIC Package.
                  Read that post to know how to do that:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
                  >>>>>

Comment

can anyone show me location of bios. I did not find it.
                    Thanks

Comment

can anyone show me location of bios. I did not find it.
                      Thanks
                      Open your Laptop, take a clear image for both sides of your motherboard and upload it here.

BIOS Chips could be behind anything, so you should remove any additional part or sticker on the board to see what is behind it.
                      >>>>>

Comment

Just read the bios. Any one please clean and remove the message.
                        thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just read the bios. Any one please clean and remove the message.
                          thanks
                          Try this file, if the problem still exist you should upload the content of the other chip too (EC Chip), it could be 16MB or 32MB.
                          Attached Files
                          >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                          X