hp 450 g7 password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp 450 g7 password

Okay, at the risk of throwing this thread completely off topic, here's what I've found about the Absolute software:
    I reset the security settings in BIOS and wiped the drive with EaseUS Partition Master, as suggested. I then reinstalled Windows 10 with no internet connection. On first start, Absolute software was installed in the Windows folder, I assume by the BIOS. The files were "rpcnetp.exe", "rpcnetp.dll", and "wpbbin.exe", located in the System32 and SysWOW64 folders. "Rpcnetp" also ran as a system service. I stopped the service, and deleted the rpcnetp files (before I found that wpbbin was also an Absolute file), but those files reappeared after a reboot. I then created dummy files (0kb txt files renamed as .exe and .dll) and placed them in the proper locations, after killing the service/running process, and setting the dummy files to read-only. The software did not reactivate after reboot. I then ran Windows Update, and all updates installed without creating the Absolute Software or CTES folders that were installed on first Windows try. It's been running for several hours now without installing the Absolute software or entering "Device Freeze" mode. I haven't tried Windows update without creating the dummy files to disable rpcnetp/wpbbin, so I don't know for sure yet if resetting the Security Defaults in BIOS would have really set Absolute to not install by default, but I will test that in the near future, now that I know how to disable it. I can only assume the software uses the UUID or serial number to check the status, regardless of the persistence module state. I can say that the Device Freeze and Absolute installation does not change the module's inactive state or re-enable it, as the BIOS setting remained permanently disabled even after previous Windows install and Device Freeze. Thanks again for your amazing help with this, and hopefully this info may help anyone dealing with this in the future.

Comment

Hi. I was following what people said here and tried unlocking some HP's. So I ran into a problem with one of the laptops, a Probook 450 G7. I thought everyone said it has a 32mb and a 16mb SPI and to onlydo the 16, so I found a chip(25B127DSIG) that was 16MB, I backed it up and then ran the tool, flashed it and the password was gone. But then I had an error for the Security controller. And all the hardware ID's seemed to be gone. I realized looking closer that I had flashed the EC. So i restored the backup image I took but continue get the security controller error, So i found the second SPI(25L12872F?) and dumped that, it looked like what i expected from the BIOS and it actually gave me hardware details so I unlocked that and flashed it back, and then reflashed the EC with it's original backup I took. However while the hardware ID's were fixed, I continue to get security controller errors. After each attempt I have reset security to defaults, entered the code it gives, F1 to clear TPM, and even tried reflashing the BIOS from inside windows, but I continue to get the controller error. Any help would be appreciated.

I have included the "original dumps" although the EC was taken first, i messsed it up, and then backed up the bios, My fear is when I flashed the ec and powered it up, something was changed in the bios chip too and because of that I now have managed to screw up the states between the two and cannot easily get them synchronized again. Im only including the original dumps to try and keep it clean. Hope someone can help
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Throwaway900 View Post
        Hi. I was following what people said here and tried unlocking some HP's. So I ran into a problem with one of the laptops, a Probook 450 G7. I thought everyone said it has a 32mb and a 16mb SPI and to onlydo the 16, so I found a chip(25B127DSIG) that was 16MB, I backed it up and then ran the tool, flashed it and the password was gone. But then I had an error for the Security controller. And all the hardware ID's seemed to be gone. I realized looking closer that I had flashed the EC. So i restored the backup image I took but continue get the security controller error, So i found the second SPI(25L12872F?) and dumped that, it looked like what i expected from the BIOS and it actually gave me hardware details so I unlocked that and flashed it back, and then reflashed the EC with it's original backup I took. However while the hardware ID's were fixed, I continue to get security controller errors. After each attempt I have reset security to defaults, entered the code it gives, F1 to clear TPM, and even tried reflashing the BIOS from inside windows, but I continue to get the controller error. Any help would be appreciated.

I have included the "original dumps" although the EC was taken first, i messsed it up, and then backed up the bios, My fear is when I flashed the ec and powered it up, something was changed in the bios chip too and because of that I now have managed to screw up the states between the two and cannot easily get them synchronized again. Im only including the original dumps to try and keep it clean. Hope someone can help
        Here's your Unlocked BIOS, Program both files together. In the first boot go to BIOS Menu and disable security options (Default).
        You must fill your DMI manually.
        Attached Files
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Here's your Unlocked BIOS, Program both files together. In the first boot go to BIOS Menu and disable security options (Default).
          You must fill your DMI manually.
          I will try this Monday or Tuesday. What is the best way for me to fill in the DMI? Thanks for the speedy response!

Comment

I will try this Monday or Tuesday. What is the best way for me to fill in the DMI? Thanks for the speedy response!
            There's a tool from HP called "BIOS Configuration Utility" (BCU), you can find a lot of videos on Youtube for it.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

There's a tool from HP called "BIOS Configuration Utility" (BCU), you can find a lot of videos on Youtube for it.
              Thankyou very much again!

Comment

Hi, just letting you know I flashed both your files and the laptop now won't boot, the numlock and caps lock flash occasionally and the wireless/micmute stay lit. it will powercycle every 15-30 seconds and repeat. I haven't flashed back the originals yet but both chips verified with your flashes

Comment

Didn't realize I can't edit replies. I reflashed the original BIOS and EC, and laptop boots again but with the error same as before(as i would expect).

Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    You can try setting both "Permanent Disable Absolute Persistence Module Set Once" to "Yes" and "Absolute Persistence Module Current State" to "Inactive" at once via BCU then restart and enter the bios to see if it's changes, just go ahead and experiment with different options, if something go wrong you can always reflash Winbond chip and start all over.

Yes.
                    @Vesko356

Can I brick my laptop if I do this? Btw, I successfully obtained the config for my laptop and did what you mentioned. I'm having second thoughts as to setting the config because I was worried I might brick my pc. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                      @Vesko356

Can I brick my laptop if I do this? Btw, I successfully obtained the config for my laptop and did what you mentioned. I'm having second thoughts as to setting the config because I was worried I might brick my pc. Thanks
                      I do not think so. But in order to succeed in what you are aiming for, the machine must be in mpm active mode.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        I do not think so. But in order to succeed in what you are aiming for, the machine must be in mpm active mode.
                        in config.txt i saw MPM mode on lock, should I unlock it and proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by ogre4273 View Post
                          in config.txt i saw MPM mode on lock, should I unlock it and proceed?
                          You can try yes, but I don't think it will work out. Your bios should be modified first to activate MPM mode, and then you will be able to make changes with the BCU. I'm talking about disabling Absolute if that's your goal.
                          Last edited by Vesko356; 04-08-2023, 01:59 AM.
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Anyone maybe able to help me take a look at my bios one more time?

Comment

Hello! Help me please. I saved dump both bioses incorrectly and now I don't have the original bios (they have them but they are corrupted, I will add them to the message). Can you give me both any perfectly working bios with cleared MPMs? Or fix my original bios with password clearing?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
                                Okay, at the risk of throwing this thread completely off topic, here's what I've found about the Absolute software:
                                I reset the security settings in BIOS and wiped the drive with EaseUS Partition Master, as suggested. I then reinstalled Windows 10 with no internet connection. On first start, Absolute software was installed in the Windows folder, I assume by the BIOS. The files were "rpcnetp.exe", "rpcnetp.dll", and "wpbbin.exe", located in the System32 and SysWOW64 folders. "Rpcnetp" also ran as a system service. I stopped the service, and deleted the rpcnetp files (before I found that wpbbin was also an Absolute file), but those files reappeared after a reboot. I then created dummy files (0kb txt files renamed as .exe and .dll) and placed them in the proper locations, after killing the service/running process, and setting the dummy files to read-only. The software did not reactivate after reboot. I then ran Windows Update, and all updates installed without creating the Absolute Software or CTES folders that were installed on first Windows try. It's been running for several hours now without installing the Absolute software or entering "Device Freeze" mode. I haven't tried Windows update without creating the dummy files to disable rpcnetp/wpbbin, so I don't know for sure yet if resetting the Security Defaults in BIOS would have really set Absolute to not install by default, but I will test that in the near future, now that I know how to disable it. I can only assume the software uses the UUID or serial number to check the status, regardless of the persistence module state. I can say that the Device Freeze and Absolute installation does not change the module's inactive state or re-enable it, as the BIOS setting remained permanently disabled even after previous Windows install and Device Freeze. Thanks again for your amazing help with this, and hopefully this info may help anyone dealing with this in the future.
                                here the bios file without absolute, delete all the information from the ssd or hdd before, deactivate the bios security options when entering the bios for the first time and save changes after you have a clean installation of the operating system and that's it you can update without problem
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elniñodelcautin View Post
                                  here the bios file without absolute, delete all the information from the ssd or hdd before, deactivate the bios security options when entering the bios for the first time and save changes after you have a clean installation of the operating system and that's it you can update without problem
                                  Hello my dear friend! I flashed this bios, but when I turn it on, there is an error, and the MPM is locked. And the inclusion is long.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Didn't realize I can't edit replies. I reflashed the original BIOS and EC, and laptop boots again but with the error same as before(as i would expect).

Ugh

What is the error you have with the original bios?

Comment

Originally posted by kubat View Post
                                      Hello my dear friend! I flashed this bios, but when I turn it on, there is an error, and the MPM is locked. And the inclusion is long.
                                      Greetings, colleague from the soldering iron

you have to reprogram the two bios, the gigadevice unlocked that I published and the original winbon, it has to be like this to avoid errors since they are matched in information, please program the two chips before the first ignition, remember that the first ignition takes several minutes, (observation) if the power is completely removed, the equipment will take minutes to turn on again

comment if it worked for you
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elniñodelcautin View Post
                                        Greetings, colleague from the soldering iron

you have to reprogram the two bios, the gigadevice unlocked that I published and the original winbon, it has to be like this to avoid errors since they are matched in information, please program the two chips before the first ignition, remember that the first ignition takes several minutes, (observation) if the power is completely removed, the equipment will take minutes to turn on again

comment if it worked for you
                                        Hello! I flashed both bios. There are no errors when turn on. MPM is lock, BCU utility cannot unlock it. Absolute program has not yet tried, but the blue screen sometimes appears. How i can unlock MPM? I need change: serial, SKU, CT, UUID, MAC.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kubat View Post
                                          Hello! I flashed both bios. There are no errors when turn on. MPM is lock, BCU utility cannot unlock it. Absolute program has not yet tried, but the blue screen sometimes appears. How i can unlock MPM? I need change: serial, SKU, CT, UUID, MAC.
                                          Your bios does not have an absolute activation, your bios does not have a password if they are the original bios I do not understand why you want to change the bios information, regarding the blue screen do a clean installation of windows if it persists do a bios update or a recovery mode to repair the bios in case you have a problem if the problem persists clean the me region of the WINDBOND bios

Comment

Working...
                                          X