Dell XPS 9310 GDA30 LA-J143P bios repair please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell XPS 9310 GDA30 LA-J143P bios repair please

alright, i think I've actually found some good resources for doing this. -- namely this:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...clean+tutorial

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/in...sitories/30869

i guess really my only question now -- is where the heck is the service tag in this 9310 bios? I literally cant find it in any of the ones posted on this thread for other people or my own bios.

is it encrypted somehow? ideally I'd like to be able to change it as the motherboard that's in this laptop is not the original (so i have two different service tags )

Comment

Originally posted by Don-qie View Post
      alright, i think I've actually found some good resources for doing this. -- namely this:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...clean+tutorial

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/in...sitories/30869

i guess really my only question now -- is where the heck is the service tag in this 9310 bios? I literally cant find it in any of the ones posted on this thread for other people or my own bios.

is it encrypted somehow? ideally I'd like to be able to change it as the motherboard that's in this laptop is not the original (so i have two different service tags )

If you want to keep your original service tag/key etc you can copy the DVAR area from your backup to the new bios using a hex editor.

You can make a search by HXD : FE E7 D9 F7 or by your model and search near it

check your PM
      Last edited by lapfix; 02-26-2023, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
        You ask about :
        1 = how to built a new bios
        2 = How to copy servicetag and windows key from old to new dump
        3 = How to clean me the new built

this is it !
        hello sir i need how can make by HXD
        How to copy service tag dell from old to new dump

Comment

Originally posted by ibrahim03 View Post
          hello sir i need how can make by HXD
          How to copy service tag dell from old to new dump

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=18

CLICK ON ABOVE LINK

Comment

Hello, Total NOOB here.
            Sorry in advance if I'm wasting anyone time.
            Got a Dell XPS 9310 with a corrupted Bios.
            Service Tag : B5BCBK3
            Getting a bit of experience in micro soldering and board repair but never flashed a bios.
            What programmer should I purchase to start ? (TL866ii or etc...)
            Found 2 x winbond and 1 x XMC 8 pin chip, that I think it could be the bios chip.
            I've attached photos of what I found.
            Once I order and receive the programmer, I could desolder the bios chip, read it and upload it I guess.
            Thanks again for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnytechbequia View Post
              Hello, Total NOOB here.
              Sorry in advance if I'm wasting anyone time.
              Got a Dell XPS 9310 with a corrupted Bios.
              Service Tag : B5BCBK3
              Getting a bit of experience in micro soldering and board repair but never flashed a bios.
              What programmer should I purchase to start ? (TL866ii or etc...)
              Found 2 x winbond and 1 x XMC 8 pin chip, that I think it could be the bios chip.
              I've attached photos of what I found.
              Once I order and receive the programmer, I could desolder the bios chip, read it and upload it I guess.
              Thanks again for your help.
              We will need the content of that Chip (XMC/QH256) to fix it and stay away from the Winbond Chip.

Read that Post to know more about Programmers and how to take a Backup:
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
              all donations are welcome,
              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
              >>>>>
              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Dell stuck in dell logo reboot

please help, hell stuck in dell logo after update. suspecting corrupt bios.
                GDA30 LA-J143P

bios attached

Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell stuck in dell logo reboot

Originally posted by nivirus2000 View Post
                  GDA30 LA-J143P

bios attached

Thanks
                  Write your device Model Number and Service Tag.
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                    Write your device Model Number and Service Tag.
                    thanks for the reply

XPS 13 9310
                    model dell P117G
                    Service Tag: J63BYD3

thanks

Comment

GDA30 LA-J143P

bios attached

Thanks
                      Here's your New BIOS, try it and give me the results.
                      Attached Files
                      >>>>>

Comment

Here's your New BIOS, try it and give me the results.
                        didn't work, same shows dell logo and screen goes off after few seconds.
                        tried to get into bios menu but no go.
                        please advise

Comment

didn't work, same shows dell logo and screen goes off after few seconds.
                          tried to get into bios menu but no go.
                          please advise
                          You got this problem after BIOS update? And what was the BIOS version before update?
                          Remember to don't choose (OTP) when you select the chip, because this will add some extra length to the file.
                          Have you verified the file after flashing it to the chip?
                          Last edited by hardware1; 05-15-2023, 04:04 PM.
                          >>>>>

Comment

You got this problem after BIOS update? And what was the BIOS version before update?
                            Remember to don't choose (OTP) when you select the chip, because this will add some extra length to the file.
                            Have you verified the file after flashing it to the chip?
                            re-flashed using without OTP and it booted into bios menu.
                            I'll b donating.

Thank you for your help

Comment

re-flashed using without OTP and it booted into bios menu.
                              I'll b donating.

Thank you for your help
                              Glad to know that, you're welcome.
                              >>>>>

Comment

Hi, Recently a friends dell xps 13 9310 got stuck on a dell logo.
                                Service tag: HJVB893

Could you help me to get new bios file.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello, brother. What's up? i have exactly the same problem, the same dell xps 9310, the only difference is that both fans are running at full speed while the dell logo is displayed can you give me a hand? I just wanted to confirm if the problem is bios or it could be the EC

Comment

i have dell xps 9310 stuck dell logo after update
                                    ST-HRV0YD3
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pyareafzalmughal View Post
                                      i have dell xps 9310 stuck dell logo after update
                                      st-hrv0yd3
                                      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                      Thanks to all supporters.
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                        brother laptop on but same dell logo stuck

Comment

Hello friends, help me with this bios, I have the laptop in the Dell logo and I can't do anything, I upload the original bios, Dell XPS 9310 MODEL P117G st 7TCKP73
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X