HP EliteBook 745 G5 password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp elitebook 745 G5 bios

I used RCunlocker on this one try if its working.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP EliteBook 745 G5 password

thanks, I already tried with rcunlocker but not working

Comment

Re: RCUnlocker

Hi, I hope you can help me with admin password on a HP Elitebook 745 G5 bios (AMD Ryzen 5 PRO). I have try with RCUnlocker but without success. And now here is backup file. I have did with EZP2023+.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by markovic23 View Post
          Hi, I hope you can help me with admin password on a HP Elitebook 745 G5 bios (AMD Ryzen 5 PRO). I have try with RCUnlocker but without success. And now here is backup file. I have did with EZP2023+.
          see if you still have a bios chip on the board, post the content.. see on both sides of the board..
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: HP EliteBook 745 G5 password

Hi there, this is caused by PROCHOT being trigged on the RYZEN cpu which is a processor thermal protection. There are many ressources to fix this, but im still at a dead end. Ok i know, doing this we're disabling the thermal protection on the cpu.. But it's better than having a brick. I don't think it's a fire hazard.

You can confirm this with HwInfo64 also.

Here's the details on the workaround;

https://github.com/Hangovers/Amd-sta...mating-the-fix

This tool/fix would work, but it turns out that AMDRMCLI.exe which is RYZEN MASTER command line utility is not on my pc when i install Asrock motherboard utility 3.0.466, it's just not there in the BIN folder.

AMD Ryzen master will not install on mobile cpu's either. Kinda stuck for a simple reason, i can't find a copy of ryzen master CLI anywhere.

Hope that helps.. Thanks

Originally posted by x.stas.y View Post
            Hey all,

I have some issues with my laptop as well. The first one is a bios password and that's how I got here in the first place. And the other one is my laptop throttling down to 0.38ghz. Everything runs frustratingly slow. And the fan is running at full speed all the time. HWiNFO is telling me something about prochot-ext, so something's definitely wrong here, although all temps are fine. I have played with windows power management options. Let it run with or without the battery, same goes for the power adapter. Reinstalled windows and drivers and tried many things more suggested in all kinds of forums. But no luck so far. My guess would be either something's wrong with the board or bios, because this issue persists even without windows running or no ssd installed at all.

Regarding the bios issue, I've read all posts in the RCUnlocker thread and have a general understanding of how it all works. Still, this whole reprogramming topic is absolutely new to me so I'm a little at loss here. I took some pictures of all bios-like looking chips I could find. Which chip does what? I've read that U366 should be the right one. But to be 100% sure, which is the one I have to modify regarding a.) the password issue and/or b.) fan speed and throttling issue and lastly c.) something else I didn't think of? Because some users reported fan speed running at 100% after reprogramming, I wonder if this issue is somewhat related to mine.

I still have to buy all the necessary tools. Would a cheap CH341A programmer be enough (for winbond and issi chips)? I have an old RaspberryPi 2 if it that helps, although I'm not familiar with Raspbian/Linux. For that chip with those 8 tiny legs I guess a test clip would suffice? And for the other ones just soldering some wires to the copper pads nearby? If removing the chips from the board isn't absolutely necessary I'd definitely prefer not to, because I most certainly would break something (and had to buy a hot air station).

Your help is very much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
              see if you still have a bios chip on the board, post the content.. see on both sides of the board..
              Thank a lot, Admin Password was on U366 under EC, after RCunocking tool everything is fine. Thanks onemore time.

Comment

Working...
              X