Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hakko FX-888 cheap for 220-240v countries

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
    I hit ctrl+f and search weller and I got only one match.

I lost all the faith In technicians!
    You're not going to hear a lot about Weller because the quality has gone down a lot.

Weller recently had a few models that had very poor quality, the forums are full of complaints.

One very advanced model they made recently was basically so bad they pulled it from market after only sending a few units to some stores as demo models. I think the only stuff available is basically revision 2.

There's better value for money, there's Pace, there's JBC, there's Metcal, there's Ersa.. and there's some other new company these days that took advantage of some expired patents of Metcal I think to make some soldering stations that are very good... but I just can't remember the name now.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
      there's some other new company these days that took advantage of some expired patents of Metcal I think to make some soldering stations that are very good... but I just can't remember the name now.
      Thermaltronics ?
      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
        Thermaltronics ?
        we are running a trial period on HAKKO FX100 to understand the real value and performance
        trial user type is electronic manufacturing so we can get feedback on both quaility and tips durability
        so far is good and the boost function is really appreciated

if you like Metcal go for original and genuine accessories, we got some bad feedback on thermaltronics tips

any question, ask!
        running, biking, oscilloscoping

Comment

Originally posted by gmit77 View Post
          we are running a trial period on HAKKO FX100 to understand the real value and performance
          Can you share the results of the Hakko FX100 trial ?
          better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

hakko,fahrenheit,gordak,some other 3 cheap soldering irons.

and yet i still go to my only station.

Every time i put on the 0.2 mm tip i get goosebumps all the time.
            Attached Files
            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Got very old microsolder for 200 CZK on a market, only need new weller tips for that I think it will be good for some time.

But anyway, why exactly should I buy some chinese whatever for over 100 bucks when I can get quality czech digital one for less, from manufacturer which makes them for decades? If it was 50 bucks incl. everything than its a good deal, for that price it is one of many.
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
              X