acer v5-571 bios corrupted . need repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: acer v5-571 bios corrupted . need repair

big damn, flashed back original 1.22 bios so i could updrage to 2.18 and then backup and compare bios, but after desolder bios, pc now wont power on annymore and cant figure out why. for me possible cause are:

1) lost 3.3 5volt
    2)while heating bios chip i heated reballed nb that got leaded balls, but looks strange since i use alluminium near bios.

flashed also back ur bios again but still the same. pc looks like dead.

now i have to look for schematic.

edit: ok 3.3 and 5volt comes after pressing power botton, but still pc doesnt turn on. now or bad bios chip or bad nb again and i need to rework it for the 2nd time....
    Last edited by dellxps15; 11-17-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
      while heating bios chip i heated reballed nb that got leaded balls, but looks strange since i use alluminium near bios.
      that's why I prefer to use 2 pieces of iron solder just for desolder Soic8. for me more faster and safety for others component

of course using K-type soldering tip
      Last edited by meritosari; 11-18-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I have a ACER aspire V5-571. All of the usb connectors not responding on this notebook. I try with webcam also. i checked power of the usb connectors it shows 4.98V on VCC. And D-, D+ also showing 2.23V and 2.78v is it ok. But it is not responding any devices connected through usb.

Comment

Working...
        X