Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best plastic tool to use for monitor disassembly!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best plastic tool to use for monitor disassembly!?

Hi all

I would like to buy some plastic tool to help opening LCD monitor.

do you have any suggestion?

what are you using?

thanks

Re: Best plastic tool to use for monitor disassembly!?

Originally posted by Icitte View Post
    I would like to buy some plastic tool to help opening LCD monitor.
    If it is your own monitor, just use a butter knife.

If it is for customers, there are many 99 cent iphone plastic opening tools that comprise of guitar picks, pry tools, etc.

Note: You will break some of the plastic tabs regardless of what tool you use.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It's called "spudger"

I'm using a cheap metal one, it was probably 0.99$ on eBay and it works perfectly.

This looks like a great deal : http://www.ebay.com/itm/23-in-1-Open...-/272016004829

My spudger looks like the 5th from the left (the first chisel style metal one)

If you want plastic, they have packs of 50 here : http://www.ebay.com/itm/50pcs-Plasti...-/321469328788

If you want cheaper here's some suggestions

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Metal-P...-/401250828247

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spudger-Set-...-/302215689041

Comment

one of the best tool you can have on your work bench is a spark plug gap tool,

it can be use for multi-purpose, like open up monitor casing, laptops and other items,
        also if you bend a pin on an IC Chip you can re-align it with the spark plug gap tool or some people call it a feeler gauge

The difference size make this tool very multi-purpose
        Attached Files

Comment

Watch out, I'd call the right name for that tool really is the "feeler gauge tool". Don't search for spark plug gap tool.

"Spark plug gap tools" have devolved to those crappy circular thing, from ones with little wire loops around them (crap) and the completely round one with a beveled edge (VERY crap)... The one with the beveled edge is pretty much "don't use unless you have no other choice"... alas it is the cheapest tool that you can make that you can "sort of" gap your spark plugs.
          Last edited by eccerr0r; 03-14-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
            Watch out, I'd call the right name for that tool really is the "feeler gauge tool". Don't search for spark plug gap tool.

"Spark plug gap tools" have devolved to those crappy circular thing, from ones with little wire loops around them (crap) and the completely round one with a beveled edge (VERY crap)... The one with the beveled edge is pretty much "don't use unless you have no other choice"... alas it is the cheapest tool that you can make that you can "sort of" gap your spark plugs.
            you are right, I have tune up my car, and the round circular gauge is crap, sometime you can over gap the spark plug. The feeler gauge is the best way to go. And I have seen the feeler gauge uses to adjust the rocker arm on the cylinder heads too.

Back to electronics I have open up laptops, monitors and PS4 game station, without breaking any tabs or damaging the casing. because of the differences size of the feeler gauge can be used.

Comment

thanks guys, I am working in a auto parts store....so, I guess i will have good price on feeler gauge lol

Comment

Working...
              X