Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-00840 a1708 bios needed =)

Hello!

Long story short, I managed to brick my A1708 (MacBook Pro 13' 2017, 2 TBT3) whilst I tried reprogramming the BIOS-file.

The fan spins, but no boot.
    I tried with a dump-file I found online, which makes the machine boot but VERY slowly (I assume due to ME-region?)
    With my original BIOS = fan spin, no boot/post.

Dump-file from internet: https://easyupload.io/itml9l

My original BIOS-file (corrupt): https://easyupload.io/c1n85f

Can someone please help me create a new working BIOS-file? I would REALLY appreciate it!! =)

Re: 820-00840 a1708 bios needed =)

Originally posted by OskarB98 View Post
    Hello!

Long story short, I managed to brick my A1708 (MacBook Pro 13' 2017, 2 TBT3) whilst I tried reprogramming the BIOS-file.

The fan spins, but no boot.
    I tried with a dump-file I found online, which makes the machine boot but VERY slowly (I assume due to ME-region?)
    With my original BIOS = fan spin, no boot/post.

Dump-file from internet: https://easyupload.io/itml9l

My original BIOS-file (corrupt): https://easyupload.io/c1n85f

Can someone please help me create a new working BIOS-file? I would REALLY appreciate it!! =)
    post the backup copy of the original laptop bios
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      Backup copy? :-)

I only have the original dump i took before I started, but that does not work

Comment

I used a CH341 with JTAG adapter when I initially read the original BIOS, but something went wrong when I read it, and when I tried writing new BIOS onto chip it erased the original bios from the chip.

I posted the original bios-file (which is corrupt I think, in original post)

Comment

I used a CH341 with JTAG adapter when I initially read the original BIOS, but something went wrong when I read it, and when I tried writing new BIOS onto chip it erased the original bios from the chip.

I posted the original bios-file (which is corrupt I think, in original post)
          try..
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

try..
            You're honestly the hero of the day! Thanks!!!

Comment

A1708 ME Clean help needed =)

Hello!

Can someone please help me with cleaning the ME on this A1708 820-00840 (13' 2017 Pro Apple) BIOS file? =)

Would really appreciate it!!

https://easyupload.io/n783ij

https://file.io/Y4EKyiv6WQQc

Comment

Re: A1708 ME Clean help needed =)

I should add:

The dumpfile I linked before does work on the computer, and it solved the issue I had before but it needs a ME clean as the machine is really slow to boot etc.

So If somebody could help me with that it would be really appreaciated! =)

Comment

Try it now and report back, although your file says configured, meaning it has never been "used" in laptop. Should have been initialized.
                  Read the rules, please do not upload to offsite.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I should add:

The dumpfile I linked before does work on the computer, and it solved the issue I had before but it needs a ME clean as the machine is really slow to boot etc.

So If somebody could help me with that it would be really appreaciated! =)
                    You could have used the bios at post #5 (from 2021) with cleaned ME firmware. You just need to edit your current macbooks serial number into the bios

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=5
                    4. DMI editing by brand
                    4.3. Apple
                    For 2017 and older machines, serial number is stored in Fsys store of BIOS and can be edited with hexadecimal editor. Fsys checksum needs to be fixed afterwards
                    Search for "ssn", edit the serial number, save, open dump in UEFITool, go to the Fsys store and write down the suggested checksum in the panel on the right. Checksum is 4 bytes at the end of the Fsys store, between one zone of 0x00 either Gaid or another zone of 0xFF, it must be written in reverse order (so last 2 characters from UEFITool must be written first).
                    See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                      Try it now and report back, although your file says configured, meaning it has never been "used" in laptop. Should have been initialized.
                      Thank you! This worked!! :-)

I'm sorry about offsite upload, I tried to add on here but it said wrong file type :-(

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        You could have used the bios at post #5 (from 2021) with cleaned ME firmware. You just need to edit your current macbooks serial number into the bios

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...43&postcount=5
                        4. DMI editing by brand
                        4.3. Apple
                        For 2017 and older machines, serial number is stored in Fsys store of BIOS and can be edited with hexadecimal editor. Fsys checksum needs to be fixed afterwards
                        Search for "ssn", edit the serial number, save, open dump in UEFITool, go to the Fsys store and write down the suggested checksum in the panel on the right. Checksum is 4 bytes at the end of the Fsys store, between one zone of 0x00 either Gaid or another zone of 0xFF, it must be written in reverse order (so last 2 characters from UEFITool must be written first).
                        See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poA8HByYqTM
                        Thanks! 🙂

I actually used the dump from my other thread, but it seemed to have dirty ME as it was running very slow?

Next time I will try the way you just described! :-)

Comment

Quote:
                          I actually used the dump from my other thread, but it seemed to have dirty ME as it was running very slow?

Next time I will try the way you just described! :-)

Not a dirty ME, if it was, would show as initialized in MEA. If you need to input the SN, I'll do it for you, still have your file, just send SN here. But if you are going to change several, might as well learn the procedure. The video is great.

Comment

Macbook Pro A1708 820-00840 Bin Request

Hi guys hoping you all can help me out. I accidentally lost the original backup bin file for this logic board. Is it possible you all have a bin for this board that has a Cleaned Me Region so hopefully I can maybe try to add in the serial into the new bin . I have the serial from the back cover thanks.

SN: C02V122PHV22

Comment

Hello, can someone share a database to clean the ME region that contains the stock of 820-00840-A? Thanks, I have several Databases but nothing comes up on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by jovan_kineas View Post
                                Hello, can someone share a database to clean the ME region that contains the stock of 820-00840-A? Thanks, I have several Databases but nothing comes up on this board.
                                ME Firmware Cleaning Guide.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.​
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hi, i will to try that database, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazorca View Post
                                    Hi My friends I have an A1708- 2017 that doesn't boot and is stuck on apple logo. I will post my bin file and request you guys who can help me do this. I actually have no experience and no style of doing cleaning and sn copy. would you guys help me by doing that for me. I really appreciate it.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Babak.400; 08-12-2023, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                    X