Dell XPS 9310 GDA30 LA-J143P bios repair please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell XPS 9310 GDA30 LA-J143P bios repair please

This laptop hangs on Dell logo and gives 2 amber, 4 white blink code (service manual suggest RAM failure). I tried another bios from "bios archives" and got a solid white light which blinks when the charger is plugged in. Processor gets hot enough to turn on the fans and the fans spin constantly even though the lid is closed. All voltages seem to be present and no low resistance on any of the inductors. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell XPS 9310 GDA30 LA-J143P bios repair please

Originally posted by microsmd lab View Post
    this laptop hangs on dell logo and gives 2 amber, 4 white blink code (service manual suggest ram failure). I tried another bios from "bios archives" and got a solid white light which blinks when the charger is plugged in. Processor gets hot enough to turn on the fans and the fans spin constantly even though the lid is closed. All voltages seem to be present and no low resistance on any of the inductors. Thanks in advance.
    xps 13 9310
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks, are these dumps from other laptops? Should I try both if the first one I try does not work?

Comment

Hello guys! not sure if I should reply to this thread. I have a Dell XPS 13 9310 with 3 amber and 6 white flashes (which normally means corrupt bios or incomplete flash). Is there any way to recover from this? Is someone able to repair this somehow if I post the bios dump? Also, I can see 2 chips: 1 winbond and 1 XMC next to the CPU, which one should I read? Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by cmn.fix View Post
          Hello guys! not sure if I should reply to this thread. I have a Dell XPS 13 9310 with 3 amber and 6 white flashes (which normally means corrupt bios or incomplete flash). Is there any way to recover from this? Is someone able to repair this somehow if I post the bios dump? Also, I can see 2 chips: 1 winbond and 1 XMC next to the CPU, which one should I read? Thank you in advance!
          Read the both chips, upload its content, write your device service tag and someone will try to help you.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
            Read the both chips, upload its content, write your device service tag and someone will try to help you.
            Thank you for the quick reply! I have tried to read the XMC QH256BX1Q with my TL866II Plus and realized it's not supported. Can anyone recommend a programmer for this chip?

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! I have tried to read the XMC QH256BX1Q with my TL866II Plus and realized it's not supported. Can anyone recommend a programmer for this chip?
              Do you have the latest TL866II software version installed, its in the support list as WSON8

http://www.autoelectric.cn/MiniPro/TL866II_List.txt

XM25QH256B @WSON8
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Do you have the latest TL866II software version installed, its in the support list as WSON8

http://www.autoelectric.cn/MiniPro/TL866II_List.txt

XM25QH256B @WSON8
                Top man! I was still on version 7.51. I have managed to read the XMC but not sure if the Winbond 25Q80DV1G read is fine as flash detect gives me 26 possible selections. Also, second chip looks mostly empty after reading.

Thank you guys for taking your time with a newb!
                Attached Files

Comment

top man! I was still on version 7.51. I have managed to read the xmc but not sure if the winbond 25q80dv1g read is fine as flash detect gives me 26 possible selections. Also, second chip looks mostly empty after reading.

Thank you guys for taking your time with a newb!
                  xps 13 9310
                  Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                    xps 13 9310
                    Thank you! I see they are different size and can't tell what chip to flash each of them (I guess the _R goes to the winbond?). Also I forgot to post the service tag for it: 7HC0Q73

Comment

Thank you! I see they are different size and can't tell what chip to flash each of them (I guess the _R goes to the winbond?). Also I forgot to post the service tag for it: 7HC0Q73
                      The winbond chip is only 1MB and its not the bios chip , its only 8 Mega Bits . The XM25QH256B is 256 Mega bits ,divide 256 by 8 = 32 ,so 32MB.

Both files posted by hoaca388 are 32MB .Dell provide 2 different updates in the bios update, and he doesn`t know which one is for laptop so he`s posted both. Your laptop spec from the service tag doesn`t give the CPU ID ,but does list the platform as MODENA TGL .Try the TGL bios first, the other one i assume is for Tiger Lake Refresh CPU`s.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...QT090/overview
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-29-2022, 10:12 AM.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        The winbond chip is only 1MB and its not the bios chip , its only 8 Mega Bits . The XM25QH256B is 256 Mega bits ,divide 256 by 8 = 32 ,so 32MB.

Both files posted by hoaca388 are 32MB .Dell provide 2 different updates in the bios update, and he doesn`t know which one is for laptop so he`s posted both. Your laptop spec from the service tag doesn`t give the CPU ID ,but does list the platform as MODENA TGL .Try the TGL bios first, the other one i assume is for Tiger Lake Refresh CPU`s.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...QT090/overview
                        First one worked like a charm. You guys are amazing. Thank you hoaca388 and thank you SMDFlea!

Comment

Can someone fix this BIOS file? Stuck on blank screen, same as his, 3 amber 6 white LED.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by sikocan; 02-08-2023, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
                            Can someone fix this BIOS file? Stuck on blank screen, same as his, 3 amber 6 white LED.
                            Your servicetag !

Comment

Hlb6793
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
                                Hlb6793
                                Thanks
                                Try this clean me of your bios and give feedback
                                Attached Files

Comment

hello,

I'm also in a similar predicament as above. I flashed with the modenaTGL bios and that brought everything back to life.

I'm curious as to the method graft the new service tag and windows OEM key (another question here, the above threads looks to be only modifying service tag -- not windows key... are the dell keys generic? ) into a clean ME bios on these new dell laptops? I've taken a look at this bios via HxD and UEFITool but it looks like the bios guard requires disassembly ( dinked around a bit with Dell PFS Update Extractor too )

anyways, would be cool to learn how to do it if anyone could point me in the right direction. feels weird just asking others to do the work for me.

Thanks!

Comment

i looked at the bin files a bit more last night. was able to spot the windows key and replace no problem. this service tag thing is a bit strange though. cant seem to spot it anywhere in the bios. any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Don-qie View Post
                                      i looked at the bin files a bit more last night. was able to spot the windows key and replace no problem. this service tag thing is a bit strange though. cant seem to spot it anywhere in the bios. any suggestions?
                                      You ask about :
                                      1 = how to built a new bios
                                      2 = How to copy servicetag and windows key from old to new dump
                                      3 = How to clean me the new built

this is it !

Comment

yes sir, in so many words!

reading up on this site for bios editing seems straight forward to me. however, these new style dell laptops feel a little bit different and documentation feels a little flimsy -- at least from what I've found lately

Comment

Working...
                                        X