Lenovo MDM - Windows Autopilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo MDM - Windows Autopilot

I have a "Lenovo T480s" i removed the bios password but now it has Autopilot MDM. Fresh windows installs connect you back to company MDM once internet is connected. how can i remove the MDM i tried changing system and board serial. and clearing TPM keys from bios screen did not do anything, i think i need to change the Machine hash or remove the config from the TPM.

anyone know how i can get the MDM off?
    Thanks

Re: Lenovo MDM - Windows Autopilot

change win key licence from bios and/or SN. After that reinstall.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Changing serial, HW id, uuid have no affect.

The key that needs to be changes is the os3 key but it’s a .cfg file how do we change it?

I tired Oa3 tool from windows sdk it said couldn't install drivers I installed them manually as they extracted into the tools folder but still the same message.

A workaround is you have to install windows from another Pc, bring SSD back, install and activate windows offline with a new key. If you do online activation it will force check for that os3 key and start the MDM (autopilot) enrollment.

Comment

Also try Secure Boot - Reset to Setup mode. OA3 ID should be in main bios. Search for SDK0 and you'll find it
        Attached Files
        Last edited by volinakis; 10-27-2022, 11:59 PM.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
          Also try Secure Boot - Reset to Setup mode. OA3 ID should be in main bios. Search for SDK0 and you'll find it
          That's location on a T14s and T480s?
          I didn't see it in either dump.

Comment

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post
            That's location on a T14s and T480s?
            I didn't see it in either dump.
            T480s - took a bios from this site to verify. is SDK0(zero), you'll find in EVSA Store LnvActivationVar if you open it with UEFI tool.
            >>>>>

Comment

Did you solve it? It would be nice to give feedback since you ask for help on this forum.
              >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                Did you solve it? It would be nice to give feedback since you ask for help on this forum.
                I did not find a way to remove the Oa3 key, as a work around I found you install windows on another machine, then bring the SSD over and do offline activation before connecting internet it skips the auto windows activation and never reads the OA3 key.

But if windows ever deactivates it may start the enrollment when it reactivates. And if you reinstall you’ll have to do the same process, cannot install directly as windows install force reads the OA3 key.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-12-2023, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Is there a proper way and guide to remove the autopilot from lenovo bios file? Please share the step by step guide here. Will much appreciate.

Comment

Is the solution is the OA3 key if I understand it right? Windows read the oa3 key and start the enrolment. So if I inject a new windows key this will get rid of the autopilot? Lenovo bios shown oa3 Id and oa2 yes also.

Comment

Any ideas:
                      Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T480s. It is connected to some former company autopilot.
                      Ive changed serial number, motherboard serial number etc with Lenovo Hardware maintenance diskette.
                      Changes OA3 id and Windows serial number to bios file and reprogrammed it into bios chip.

Still when i install windows, it connect to that company.

Comment

Allegedly CPU swap is the solution. Might try it soon

Altho there are other workarounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty83 View Post
                          Any ideas:
                          Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T480s. It is connected to some former company autopilot.
                          Ive changed serial number, motherboard serial number etc with Lenovo Hardware maintenance diskette.
                          Changes OA3 id and Windows serial number to bios file and reprogrammed it into bios chip.

Still when i install windows, it connect to that company.
                          You have to change the following
                          1-serial number
                          2-plate serial number
                          3-Wi-Fi card (Mac number)
                          4-mac number (onmboard network card)
                          5-uuid number
                          6- and if or if TMP disable.

It works for me changing those parameters.-

Comment

other workaround: create USB install disk with rufus last release, check boxes as in pics from site and also check "set a local account ..." Usually you don't have to check this box but recently I installed Win to a Microsoft Surface 7+ and was no way to have option "i don't have internet" to skip connecting with a business or school account. Checking "set a local account ..." even connected to internet I was able to skip the step to sign in with business or school account.
                            Attached Files
                            >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                            X