Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus vivobook s510ua bios changed to x510un

Hi there,

I know there is somebody who can tell me what is happening with my laptop. For start, it is an asus vivobook s510ua with an asustek x510ua motherboard with an intel i5 7200u cpu and 16gb ram.. i have a screenshot from speccy before strange things started.. as you can see the laptop type and bios version x510ua.302.I don’t manually update the bios because i don’t like to having a bricked bios, i know what troubles that gives..

I did a fresh win 11 install, and after the automatic updates, windows rebooted and automatically started asus ez flash.. after about 25% it just shutted down. Laptop was on charging power all the time. You can already guess, but it wasn’t happy to do anything after that.. it only gave me the power on light, and cpu fan started. No power on usb or anything else, just black screen.. I took my ch341 to read my bios chip. An 25B64CSIG. Neoprogrammer detected it good, and i was able to save the bricked bios on my other laptop. I downloaded from asus the 308 official bios file, and worh uefitool i made a new bin file from the asus site and my old brick intel image bios file. After erasing, reprogramming and verification wich was all without any trouble.. (lucky me with an ch341��) i rebooted te laptop and all was working agian..

Af that point i was happy, so i check everything, cpu temps etc, and looked good.. so i started a new win 11 install, all good.. but i noticed something.. in my bios , and also in speccy it says right now i have an x510un model, with the asus x510un.308 bios.. but that is a different type of this laptop.. not much , only different cpu i think. But still not the laptop i have, and also my mac adress and serial nr are empy in my bios.. I haven’t touched that part of the flashed bios file before rewriting it back to the chip..

Do you guys think this is going to be a problem? Or just leave it like that and don’t do anything? Onlything not working now is my backlight keyboard, tried downloading new drivers, but i can live with that..

Sorry for the long story, i hope I explained it good enough. Thanks for any help in advance!!

Maybe somebody can make an good bios file for me, with the old bricked one, and give it a try with ez flash bios utility?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lrouw84; 01-28-2023, 01:35 PM. Reason: Extra information on

Re: Asus vivobook s510ua bios changed to x510un

Originally posted by lrouw84 View Post
    Hi there,

I know there is somebody who can tell me what is happening with my laptop. For start, it is an asus vivobook s510ua with an asustek x510ua motherboard with an intel i5 7200u cpu and 16gb ram.. i have a screenshot from speccy before strange things started.. as you can see the laptop type and bios version x510ua.302.I don't manually update the bios because i don't like to having a bricked bios, i know what troubles that gives..

I did a fresh win 11 install, and after the automatic updates, windows rebooted and automatically started asus ez flash.. after about 25% it just shutted down. Laptop was on charging power all the time. You can already guess, but it wasn't happy to do anything after that.. it only gave me the power on light, and cpu fan started. No power on usb or anything else, just black screen.. I took my ch341 to read my bios chip. An 25B64CSIG. Neoprogrammer detected it good, and i was able to save the bricked bios on my other laptop. I downloaded from asus the 308 official bios file, and worh uefitool i made a new bin file from the asus site and my old brick intel image bios file. After erasing, reprogramming and verification wich was all without any trouble.. (lucky me with an ch341��) i rebooted te laptop and all was working agian..

Af that point i was happy, so i check everything, cpu temps etc, and looked good.. so i started a new win 11 install, all good.. but i noticed something.. in my bios , and also in speccy it says right now i have an x510un model, with the asus x510un.308 bios.. but that is a different type of this laptop.. not much , only different cpu i think. But still not the laptop i have, and also my mac adress and serial nr are empy in my bios.. I haven't touched that part of the flashed bios file before rewriting it back to the chip..

Do you guys think this is going to be a problem? Or just leave it like that and don't do anything? Onlything not working now is my backlight keyboard, tried downloading new drivers, but i can live with that..

Sorry for the long story, i hope I explained it good enough. Thanks for any help in advance!!

Maybe somebody can make an good bios file for me, with the old bricked one, and give it a try with ez flash bios utility?
    post the original bios..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Here is the original bricked bios file. The only save i have, i saved it thru ch341 programmer software.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lrouw84 View Post
        Here is the original bricked bios file. The only save i have, i saved it thru ch341 programmer software.
        try..
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

thanks!! that is quick.. Can i just flash it trough uefi bios and then the asus EZ FLash Utility?

Comment

Thanks for the latest bios update! It works fine.. Settings are back for the right notebook x510ua ..

Fabrikant ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
            Model X510UA (U3E1)
            Versie 1.0
            Chipsetfabrikant Intel
            Chipsetmodel Kaby Lake
            Chipset-herziening 02
            Southbridgefabrikant Intel
            Southbridge-model Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH
            Southbridge-herziening 21
            BIOS
            Merk American Megatrends Inc.
            Versie X510UA.312
            Datum 29-4-2020

Comment

Could you please tell, how did you combine your brick bios with the one you downloaded from Asus??

Comment

Originally posted by ava12eco View Post
                Could you please tell, how did you combine your brick bios with the one you downloaded from Asus??
                read..
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Comment

Working...
                X