Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

found out already that it is the 25q128jvsq

could u help me to know which chip i should backup and flash?
    i have two winbonds on my X380 Yoga:
    1 - winbond 25q80dvsig 1844
    2 - winbond 25q128jvsq 1844

thanx in advance ^_^

Attached Files
    Last edited by jotob; 12-20-2022, 01:47 PM. Reason: done

Comment

Originally posted by jotob View Post
      found out already that it is the 25q128jvsq

could u help me to know which chip i should backup and flash?
      I have two winbonds on my x380 yoga:
      1 - winbond 25q80dvsig 1844
      2 - winbond 25q128jvsq 1844

thanx in advance ^_^

25q128
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Lenovo t480s bios pass

Comment

Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Man thank u for ur tool!!!
            it saved my locked lenovo x380 i bought it with locked bios and then tried to tamper with the setting with a tool used in windows(i wanted to install ubuntu alongside windows). then i got locked out of my laptop for good saying too many attempts for the supervisor password i could not even boot.
            then bought the CH341A programmer
            removed every battery and power source
            did multiple backups of the winbond 25q128 chip
            did an erase and then flashed the patched one and did as advised
            then turned off and ERASED the chip again(at first i did not reset which resulted in black screen and melody beep sound)
            then flashed the original backed up bios again and did reset as advised
            and voila!!! thanx again

i bought the laptop for a reduced price due to the locked bios! it turned out a good deal after all

Comment

FYI: This tool worked wonderfully for me.. The said bound computer would be a Lenovo Thinkpad L380 (20m8s0m300).

I used a Chromebook (LENOVO E500 2ND EDITION). I put the chromebook into developer mode, enabled the Linux environment, installed Flashrom and others, as well as your tool.. All was extremely easy to do since 'apt' is available to install missing packages.

It all went according to plan, without any hiccups. For anyone who does the same, you just need to keep up on re-enabling the USB port through the various stages so that the linux environment has access to it. There doesn't seem to be a way to make that stick, least not from the menus. Well, I didn't really look into that too far to see if there was any kludges to make it stick - out there - but anyways....

Where do I send coffee/beer or whatever???? Seriously..

Thanks again to you and everyone else who posts their trials and tribulations so that we may learn from the paths you have ventured!

Donald

Comment

How to remove supervisor bios password Lenovo Thinkpad 10 tablet (Type 20C1, 20C3,20E3, 20E4)

my unlock key hint number : F9AA072A

Comment

Worked perfect for our Lenovo ThinkPad T480s and its MX25L12873F chip [1], flashed from a Raspberry Pi with a simple SOIC-8 clip from ebay ☺️ Thank you very much for this great tool!

[1] T480s has a second chip, a Winbond 25Q80DVSIG, so make sure to read/write the right chip!

Comment

Thanks for this tool it worked perfect.

I got a Lenovo Thinkpad T495s Type 20QK with a
                    Board FA391/FA491 NM-C181 Rev. 1.0 2019-03-21
                    and a Bios Chip from Winbond W25Q128FV 1.8v

hoaca388 gave me a the patched Bin file and it worked instantly.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Comment

hi, i have a T480 with supervisory password, i have managed to get the bios UEFI bin, wondering can someone guide me to find the supervisory password using the UEFI tool?

thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by widex View Post
                        How to remove supervisor bios password Lenovo Thinkpad 10 tablet (Type 20C1, 20C3,20E3, 20E4)

my unlock key hint number : F9AA072A
                        Password: E4A2DA7D

Comment

hi All, as i am new to bios flashing could anyone help me understand the steps in the first page :

autopatch -h will output the help info for the command
                          autopatch --howto will output the following instructions on how to use the patched image:

**I have created the patch using above method
                          [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
                          STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file (i believe its using the programmer tool)
                          STEP 2: Boot the machine
                          STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                          STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                          STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                          STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                          STEP 7: Turn off machine
                          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS (i believe its using the programmer tool to flash back the original , which were extracted and were used to make the patch?)
                          STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default

thanks in advance

Comment

Hello friends.

I have one Lenovo X270 Type 20ks with supervisor password. i patched the bios dump, but is not working.
                            Only Lenovo logo and stuck. Please, some help?
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brontobyte View Post
                              Hello friends.

I have one Lenovo X270 Type 20ks with supervisor password. i patched the bios dump, but is not working.
                              Try
                              Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                              Become a Badcaps supporter
                              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                              Thanks to all supporters.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello friends.

same problem. stuck on lenovo logo

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  Try
                                  i put the original bios dump back and is working fine, with supervisor password of course. Why the patched bios is not working? somenthing else to do? Thanks

Comment

i put the original bios dump back and is working fine, with supervisor password of course. Why the patched bios is not working? somenthing else to do? Thanks
                                    I don't know either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello friends.

Give this one a try.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                      all donations are welcome,
                                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                      >>>>>
                                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

have you removed the cmos battery?have you tried to restarte without your ssd,b because it could be the ssd password

Comment

Hi, i had the same problem with t550 , i removed cmos battery and used external keyboard, also tape on intrusion/tamp switch. After that patched bios worked as well

Comment

Working...
                                          X