Comment

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by fxreen View Post
      Password: E4A2DA7D
      IT WORKS !! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

Comment

need dumo for lenovo l460 and l470
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-03-2023, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Could someone please patch those two bios ?

I tried patchers it is not working for me T.T

thanks in advance
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by widex View Post
            IT WORKS !! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!
            Consider an early Christmas gift

Comment

Hello all! I have registered just to say thanks so much for this thread and I appreciate the hard work that has gone into it.

I am posting because I have an old ex-corporate Lenovo X1 Yoga (First Generation made about 2015) which the company forgot to remove the supervisor password from when I got it. This has long, long annoyed me but I had to live with it!

Recently I wanted to use VM and couldn't because it's locked. Grrr! So I have decided to fix the issue. I've read many pages of the thread (not all...) and researched the steps in detail.

This is what I plan to do - any obvious mistakes?

- Step 1: Buy a CH341a mini programmer with clip from Amazon. Open my laptop up (have done this before so no problem). Use the CH341a to read the bios chip (I found instructions for the X1 Yoga here which suggests this works specifically for the X1 Yoga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8f-3syiFSc)

- Step 2: Patch the bios using the amazing tool uploaded in this thread.

- Step 3: Upload the bios using the CH341a and get rid of the annoying supervisor password and be freeee!

I will back up the laptop before doing any of this (it's my primary device, working fine with no restrictions apart from the bios supervisor password and don't want to lose any data).

Key concerns: is the CH341a the best tool for the job, or are there better devices? Will this work for the Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 1? Odds of bricking my device?

Thanks again

Comment

I have an e475 (one of the AMD apu Thinkpads). The auto-patched bios took a new password, gave the ok arrow, and then went to a permanent a blank screen (no option to enter hardware id and then hit spacebar). Would appreciate any suggestions. Attached are the original and patched bios.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer3200 View Post
                  I have an e475 (one of the AMD apu Thinkpads). The auto-patched bios took a new password, gave the ok arrow, and then went to a permanent a blank screen (no option to enter hardware id and then hit spacebar). Would appreciate any suggestions. Attached are the original and patched bios.
                  Here are the attachments

Comment

help me patch this one please

Comment

Originally posted by cravel View Post
                      help me patch this one please
                      does it have a model number ,have you tried the Autopatcher ? ,does it work or give errors ? .
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-03-2023, 09:36 PM.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga 6th gen
                        s/n R90N3AT6
                        im sorry but the autopatcher doenst work on me

Comment

lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga 6th gen
                          s/n r90n3at6
                          im sorry but the autopatcher doenst work on me
                          here
                          Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

thank you very much
                            Last edited by cravel; 01-03-2023, 10:54 PM.

Comment

another one please
                              Thinkpad X1 Carbon
                              S/N PF137TP8
                              thankyou in advance

Comment

another one please
                                Thinkpad X1 Carbon
                                S/N PF137TP8
                                thankyou in advance
                                Your backup is only 103.9 KB ,you havn`t made a good backup. Besides that, why isn`t the Autopatcher working for you ? ,if you can get it working you can patch the bios yourself, once youve made a proper backup.Do you have python installed, are there any error messages etc, whats the problem.

Also post the full model number when you ask for help

S/N PF137TP8: X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Skylake (Type 20K4, 20K3) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20K3
                                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

https://youtu.be/U6syKrXHiOc

same like this situation when im using it
                                  i have installed python latest version
                                  Last edited by cravel; 01-04-2023, 12:49 AM. Reason: need more info

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                    Your backup is only 103.9 KB ,you havn`t made a good backup. Besides that, why isn`t the Autopatcher working for you ? ,if you can get it working you can patch the bios yourself, once youve made a proper backup.Do you have python installed, are there any error messages etc, whats the problem.

Also post the full model number when you ask for help

S/N PF137TP8: X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Skylake (Type 20K4, 20K3) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20K3
                                    sorry my bad
                                    its Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
                                    I5 6th gen.
                                    s/n PF137TP8

Comment

Originally posted by nuclearpunch View Post
                                      Could someone please patch those two bios ?

I tried patchers it is not working for me T.T

thanks in advance
                                      Could someone patch those bios ?
                                      Thanks for your work guys and sry for spamming

Comment

Originally posted by nuclearpunch View Post
                                        Could someone patch those bios ?
                                        Thanks for your work guys and sry for spamming
                                        Try this ....
                                        Attached Files

Comment

ThinkPad X1 yoga 3rd 20LE SVP with CH341a done at first try many thanks to developer

Comment

Working...
                                          X