LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

make sure the cover switch is held in - i got caught by that the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      try the prepatched version, follow the instructions carefully https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573
      Originally posted by stj View Post
      make sure the cover switch is held in - i got caught by that the first time.

Just to check out, cover switch held in, cmos battery out, laptop battery out, HDD out > read bios > patch bios > write again > laptop starts normally, i get Lenovo logo, I press 'Enter', then I press F1 to enter setup, screen is powered on but remains black;

If i try to go to Hardware diagnostics, everything is ok
      If i try to go to manual boot menu > black screen again. What am I missing?

Pre-patched bios I get fanspin 10 seconds then 2x 5 short beeps and fan off. Screen does not light up at all
      Last edited by lleg0; 03-03-2023, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Can someone remove the bios password
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syavko1 View Post
          Hello try this file ...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lleg0 View Post
            Just to check out, cover switch held in, cmos battery out, laptop battery out, HDD out > read bios > patch bios > write again > laptop starts normally, i get Lenovo logo, I press 'Enter', then I press F1 to enter setup, screen is powered on but remains black;

Pre-patched bios I get fanspin 10 seconds then 2x 5 short beeps and fan off. Screen does not light up at all
            read
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2376

Comment

yup of course i read that, i actually quoted the guy. I also tried to ME patch the same bios file

Comment

Originally posted by lleg0 View Post

This is how I did it after I suspected TPM to be refusing to boot the laptop (screen didn't lit up at all with 5+5 short beeps, CPU fan spins and auto shutdown):

1. Reflash to original BIOS from backup, of course in locked state. Validate the flash content if you can.
                2. Reattach everything.
                3. Boot into Windows(either from live USB image or transplant bootable drive from another system) and clear the TPM by using clear-tpm -useppi command from powershell. (Physical presence for clearing was enabled in my BIOS.) I'm not sure if the problem was exactly caused by TPM but I just did it just to be safe.
                4. Restart the laptop by holding shift when you click on [Restart] for complete power cycle and confirm to clear the TPM from BIOS prompt. The laptop will automatically reboot afterwards.
                5. Restart, enter BIOS and browse to [Config], enter [Power] and disable built-in battery. (My habit before disassembling any ThinkPad laptop.)

6. Disassemble, disconnect internal battery and also CMOS battery.
                7. Flash patched BIOS. Use the premade one if you still fail. Validate the flash content if you can.
                8. Do not connect internal battery and CMOS battery, just put the bottom cover back.
                9. The laptop should automatically power up when you plug the power adapter in, with warning message i.e. time not set.
                10. Do not press other keys, don't care about the other options. All you need to do is press F1 to access BIOS. Follow the exact same steps to clear the password.

This is from X250 and my experience will only apply on this model with the exact same symptom.
                Last edited by bivikoc825; 03-04-2023, 02:52 PM. Reason: fix error

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                  Hello try this file ...
                  the laptop does not turn on on this firmware. If you write back the old firmware, it works on the old firmware

Comment

Originally posted by bivikoc825 View Post
                    Got my ThinkPad X250 supervisor password cleaned, thanks for the app!

I thought my X250 was bricked when I heard 5 beeps at power up(motherboard failure) after flashing the patched BIOS. But it turned out the beep code was 5 short beep [pause] 5 short beep. Which indicates TPM is refusing to power up the laptop, probably due to tampered BIOS.
                    Your recovery work is interesting, from what I understand by putting the Bios with the Patch the pc does not start and only emits beeps with a black screen and the cpu fan already for a few seconds, just what happens to me, so you assume that it is produced by the configuration of the "Security Chip" which I assume is configurable in the BIOS. But I have the problem that with the original Bios I can't enter to understand if I have the TPM enabled, giving RETURNs without any character it doesn't even open the BIOS page to view it. But I can try to start the PC and I try to give the command you suggest, I should have some kind of output. As soon as I can I do this test then I post the result if I get some output.
                    Can you confirm that you have only run the command in Powershell then you have re-proposed the Patched BIOS and you have started up the machine to be able to carry out the procedure indicated in the AUTO-PATCHER.

Comment

I have an x280, and I run the autopatch when it turned on, it doesn't show anything on the screen, I put the original backup and if it turns on normally please. helpme

Comment

Originally posted by elettrone62 View Post
                        your recovery work is interesting, from what i understand by putting the bios with the patch the pc does not start and only emits beeps with a black screen and the cpu fan already for a few seconds, just what happens to me, so you assume that it is produced by the configuration of the "security chip" which i assume is configurable in the bios. But i have the problem that with the original bios i can't enter to understand if i have the tpm enabled, giving returns without any character it doesn't even open the bios page to view it. But i can try to start the pc and i try to give the command you suggest, i should have some kind of output. As soon as i can i do this test then i post the result if i get some output.
                        Can you confirm that you have only run the command in powershell then you have re-proposed the patched bios and you have started up the machine to be able to carry out the procedure indicated in the auto-patcher.
                        Firmware related mainpulation, I pretty much only did that.

I validated the flash content when computer gives [5 short beep] + [5 short beep](screen didn't lit up at all with 5+5 short beeps, CPU fan spins and auto shutdown). Flash content was identical to my patched BIOS file so a failed programming was ruled out.

The idea of clearing TPM came from https://thinkwiki.de/Error_Codes, "Security chip does not like Custom-BIOS". The laptop didn't boot up so I'm not entirely sure why it didn't work in my case. Maybe there's an exact procedure on not connecting CMOS battery or whatever connectors, as described by this post. (I did make sure CMOS battery and internal battery were disconnected.)
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2006

You can check the status of TPM by using [get-tpm] command in Powershell.

The options related to [Security] were all greyed out from SVP. TPM is the [Security Chip], which was set to [Discrete] and [Physical Presence for Clear] was [Enabled]. [Physical Presence for Clear] allows the TPM to be reset by issuing clear command from OS. i.e. [clear-tpm -useppi] from Powershell.

A complete power-cycle is required to see the TPM clearing prompt from BIOS so you need to hold shift when you press restart in Windows 10/11. I forgot if [Physical Presence for Provisioning] was enabled or not but you can prevent Windows from preparing TPM by [Disable-TpmAutoProvisioning] command in Powershell before you clear the TPM.

One interesting thing I did notice was "TPM certificate changed." before "Turn it off" message.

Warning: Only clear the TPM if you have nothing to lose as Bitlocker will request recovery code if you have Bitlocker disk encryption.
                        Last edited by bivikoc825; 03-07-2023, 03:01 AM.

Comment

How do I get pasted the BIOS Supervisor password to flash the Bios.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Syavko1 View Post
                            HELP

Comment

i want to shoutout a big thanks for the script.
                              I've handled to unlock BIOS of 3 Thinkpads T570 which i bought.
                              Also thanks a lot to Vesko356 for useful hints!

Comment

do you have a new patch that doesnt require hardware id key?

Comment

CAn you autopact e590 bios , I try but I cant do

Comment

ready to upload
                                    Attached Files

Comment

i need help in my lenovo T495 bios admin password.
                                      i used lenovo bios autopatcher and it boots up i follow the instructions i waited 60 sec before pressing any key so on. then i flashed back the original bios and it still require password.
                                      the bin files are attached. the original backup and the patched file.

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post
                                        i need help in my lenovo T495 bios admin password.
                                        i used lenovo bios autopatcher and it boots up i follow the instructions i waited 60 sec before pressing any key so on but it doesnt show up any reset password. then i flashed back the original bios and it still require password.
                                        the bin files are attached. the original backup and the patched file.

Comment

what generation is the processor, this way you can only do up to 8th generation

Comment

Working...
                                          X