X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 5500

Can anyone help me clear the bios?
    Thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-31-2023, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgemfcardoso View Post
      Thanks
      here, and read carefully what appears on screen.
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by jorgemfcardoso View Post
        Thanks
        Try than replay.

Comment

Re: Dell Latitude 5500 Bios password

hi plz build my bios no power
          press power button just orange light on

Comment

Originally posted by Pyareafzalmughal View Post
            hi plz build my bios no power
            press power button just orange light on
            Write your device Service Tag.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            >>>>>

Comment

G12pq23

Comment

plz send file i need

Comment

Greetings from the UK. Could some very generous and considerate person please link me to the instructions in which file I must upload for so extremely kind person to unlock 8FC8 Dell latitude admin bios password for me. Ive invested a lot into this laptop and even Dell themselves were unable to unlock it with the master key the provided me.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Re: plz remove password dell 5500 8FC8

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                    Here's your Unlocked file, hope it works fine.

Note: your Backup file was 1KB (300h) Larger.
                    I would be eternally grateful if you could do the same for me. My service tag also ends in 8FC8 but I am unsure which file is necessary to upload. Any instructios would be very much appreciated. The service you seem to be providing for free is invaluable. I am from the UK, Dell Latitude 5500 i5-8265U which ive modified to the max. I was next considering installing an i7-8665U CPU but its always a concern when I am locked out of the Bios with admin password. Whomever set the password left all fields as default thankfully but it prevents me from being able to do many things I may encounter in the future.

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by anonhero1337 View Post
                      I would be eternally grateful if you could do the same for me. My service tag also ends in 8FC8 but I am unsure which file is necessary to upload. Any instructios would be very much appreciated. The service you seem to be providing for free is invaluable. I am from the UK, Dell Latitude 5500 i5-8265U which ive modified to the max. I was next considering installing an i7-8665U CPU but its always a concern when I am locked out of the Bios with admin password. Whomever set the password left all fields as default thankfully but it prevents me from being able to do many things I may encounter in the future.

Kind regards
                      A chip write something like 25Q256 on it , or you can upload a clear picture of your motherboard

Comment

@anonhero1337
                        The master passwords provided by Dell are calculated for a US QWERTY keyboard layout, in some cases the password needs to be "corrected" as per the keyboard layout on the laptop.
                        • Does the master password you received from Dell contain the OPEN BRACKET "[" character? If so, have in mind that this character IS LOCATED AT THE RIGHT OF "P" KEY in a US QWERTY keyboard.
                        • After typing the master password, do you press and hold down the CTRL key while you press ENTER key twice (CTRL-ENTER-ENTER)?

Comment

Originally posted by anonhero1337 View Post
                          Greetings from the UK. Could some very generous and considerate person please link me to the instructions in which file I must upload for so extremely kind person to unlock 8FC8 Dell latitude admin bios password for me. Ive invested a lot into this laptop and even Dell themselves were unable to unlock it with the master key the provided me.

Any help is greatly appreciated
                          You should read the sticky threads first, then the current topic from the beginning and then many of the questions you have asked will become clear for you. Then you have to buy a programmer and use it to take a dump of the bios chip. Then you have to upload the file here and someone will do the unlock for you.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                            A chip write something like 25Q256 on it , or you can upload a clear picture of your motherboard
                            I can open up the back and look for any string or codes on the motherboard and take screenshots. And I can provide full service tag, i'm unsure what these bios dumps are but I can follow basic instructions. I will open it up now and have a look but could you guide me where to find this code? even approcimately.

Service tag 527S5Y2, with the admin password lock suffix ending in 8FC8. I am no programmer but I would be grateful for an instructions that would remove this admin password. it is only the admin bios password.

kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                              @anonhero1337
                              The master passwords provided by Dell are calculated for a US QWERTY keyboard layout, in some cases the password needs to be "corrected" as per the keyboard layout on the laptop.
                              • Does the master password you received from Dell contain the OPEN BRACKET "[" character? If so, have in mind that this character IS LOCATED AT THE RIGHT OF "P" KEY in a US QWERTY keyboard.
                              • After typing the master password, do you press and hold down the CTRL key while you press ENTER key twice (CTRL-ENTER-ENTER)?
                              The code they provided does indeed contain a [ character, and I did press ctrl enter enter. I can provide you the master key here if you are able to translate it to the correct one? I am not sure if my keyboard layout is US or UK but I will attempt to find out. thank you

Comment

@anonhero1337
                                I have UK keyboard installed, I do not know if this caused to code to not work or need to be corrected. but the master code they provided me was as follows: WXraIzbb1eZsh[5J

Comment

I just checked and seems like the OPEN BRACKET character is in the correct position (at the RIGHT of P key), so I suggest to use guide under password so make sure you are typing the master password correctly.
                                  I also suggest to use an unlocked laptop and in NOTEPAD to type the master password, just to make sure the password is being typed correctly, you will get to see the password being typed.

After 2-3 tries if you still have problems, try to use CAPS-LOCK key instead of SHIFT key for CAPITALS, press CAPS-LOCK to Activate and back again to Deactivate CAPITALS.

Latitude 5500
                                  Service Tag = 527S5Y2-8FC8
                                  password: WXraIzbb1eZsh[5J
                                  ------------
                                  W - WHISKY ( UPPERCASE )
                                  X - X-RAY ( UPPERCASE )
                                  r - romeo ( lowercase )
                                  a - alfa ( lowercase )
                                  I - INDIA ( UPPERCASE )
                                  z - zulu ( lowercase )
                                  b - bravo ( lowercase )
                                  b - bravo ( lowercase )
                                  1 - 1 ( digit )
                                  e - echo ( lowercase )
                                  Z - ZULU ( UPPERCASE )
                                  s - sierra ( lowercase )
                                  h - hotel ( lowercase )
                                  [ - open bracket ( punctuation mark )
                                  5 - 5 ( digit )
                                  J - JULIETT ( UPPERCASE )
                                  ------------

Comment

I just checked and seems like the OPEN BRACKET character is in the correct position (at the RIGHT of P key), so I suggest to use guide under password so make sure you are typing the master password correctly.
                                    I also suggest to use an unlocked laptop and in NOTEPAD to type the master password, just to make sure the password is being typed correctly, you will get to see the password being typed.

After 2-3 tries if you still have problems, try to use CAPS-LOCK key instead of SHIFT key for CAPITALS, press CAPS-LOCK to Activate and back again to Deactivate CAPITALS.

Latitude 5500
                                    Service Tag = 527S5Y2-8FC8
                                    password: WXraIzbb1eZsh[5J
                                    ------------
                                    W - WHISKY ( UPPERCASE )
                                    X - X-RAY ( UPPERCASE )
                                    r - romeo ( lowercase )
                                    a - alfa ( lowercase )
                                    I - INDIA ( UPPERCASE )
                                    z - zulu ( lowercase )
                                    b - bravo ( lowercase )
                                    b - bravo ( lowercase )
                                    1 - 1 ( digit )
                                    e - echo ( lowercase )
                                    Z - ZULU ( UPPERCASE )
                                    s - sierra ( lowercase )
                                    h - hotel ( lowercase )
                                    [ - open bracket ( punctuation mark )
                                    5 - 5 ( digit )
                                    J - JULIETT ( UPPERCASE )
                                    ------------
                                    Hi there, thanks for your effort. I read your reply and as I contemplated following your instructions, I recall the many, many, many, many, many, many times I have typed the codeprovided by Dell and hit enter twice while holding control. With zero success. And there is no way I got this wrong 20 times in a row, it just did not work.

But I figured, what the hell, I will try it again, I took a screenshot of your code that you provided. Which appears to be exactly the same? The only thing I have done is installed a UK keyboard, not even sure if it was installed already.

I typed your code, cntrl enter enter. And what?.... It worked? I didnt even have to do it a second or thirs time. The lock has gone and after many many months, almost paying £60 to various people claiming to be able to provide me the code. And I cannot think what you have done that has made the code work this time?

I originally suspected that Dell added a critical bios update, either to prevent this master key from working or to actually enable their master keys to work. But ofcourse the admin lock prevented me from updating this BIOS flash which may or may not have been the problem as my current BIOS has never been uodated.

So I am really shocked, i' m not even sure what you did as I have surely typed that code dozens of times without success. But after taking the screenshot of your post and trying again.. it just worked.

I am eternally grateful nonetheless, the bios didnt prevent me upgradng my SSD, RAM etc maybe as all the settings were on default. But it did prevent me from having full access to my laptop and was also a bit depressing to know I bought it having no admin access, not able tp chance boot sequence or anything I might encounter in the future.

So once again, thank you so much! Im going to go look at the BIOS now and see if there is anything that would benefit from me changing.

Thank you sir, and thank you to this great forum.

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                      Here's your Unlocked BIOS.
                                      Works AMAZING. Thank you. I do have a question. Will it work on a Latitude 5400 as well, or do I need to upload the bios for it?

Comment

Originally posted by dresq1027 View Post
                                        Works AMAZING. Thank you. I do have a question. Will it work on a Latitude 5400 as well, or do I need to upload the bios for it?
                                        Post your request there and someone will try to help you.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=5400
                                        >>>>>

Comment

I need someone to help me unlock this file

Comment

Working...
                                          X