Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Thinkpad L15 (CPU 10th Gen) Supervisor Password

Hello All,

I recently acquired a new Lenovo Thinkpad L15 Gen 1 with a i3 10110U.
    - MB: GL4A0/GL5A0 NM-C631

But the issue is, after opening and dismantling it to clean it / changing the thermal paste, I realized that there is a Supervisor Password.

As this serie is quite new, I don't know is there is a solution to remove it ?

I can give you every information I have in my possession if needed specially the Bios Dump.

Thanking you 1 million times in advance
    Regards
    Last edited by Paficator; 04-06-2021, 07:35 AM.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad L15 (CPU 10th Gen) Supervisor Password

So, I extracted the bios dump, and uploaded here

The Bios chips is a MXIC MX25L8006E.

Don't hesitate to ask any informations, I'll do my best to answer it.

Thanks again ^^
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Paficator View Post
      The Bios chips is a MXIC MX25L8006E.

Yeah, no, it is not

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
        Yeah, no, it is not
        Are you sure this it not the bios chip ? (Security chip ?)
        There is no other chip like this on the MB.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Paficator; 04-08-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Here is some pictures of the Motherboard.

I'm not used to work on it
          Attached Files

Comment

MX25L8006E is for sure thunderbolt 3 chip, nothing to do with bios/supervisor lock.

Your bios chip is right next to wifi card. But the password is not there either. It's most likely in nuvoton chip.

Comment

Oh, I didn't know that, thank you for the information.

So I imagine that it's gonna be quite complicated to reprogram the chip with this format ^^
              Is there any solution to delete the supervisor lock ?

Comment

yes i got the same issue with this board, any way around it. Is there a standard board dump for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcmot View Post
                  yes i got the same issue with this board, any way around it. Is there a standard board dump for this.
                  Yet not have solution bios or via Programmer.For programmer you need to config file in nuvoton npce68apa0dx.
                  But now not have schematic so very hard for unlock.

Comment

I can confirm that also, the chip is NPCE68APA0DX, I'm almost 99% positive that it does have different pin out than previous models. No keyboard settings worked, nor offline reading 👇🏼. The unit I'm working on is Ryzen.
                    The picture below is before I had placed the 2 10k resistors on designated pads.
                    No luck before or after.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                      Yet not have solution bios or via Programmer.For programmer you need to config file in nuvoton npce68apa0dx.
                      But now not have schematic so very hard for unlock.
                      I find the config, the problem is that the chip have different protocol for read/write operation. So the developer of the software programmers (SVOD, Vertyanov, RT809H, etc.) need to come with a software update.

For the moment everybody is stuck !
                      Joe's KMX1 Pro S, RevelprogIS, TL866II, CH341A, Vertyanov JIG 3.1, Eakins Microscope, Gordak 952, 30V/5Ah PSU, 890C+, T2L Thermal Camera, SVOD 3, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Karol View Post
                        I find the config, the problem is that the chip have different protocol for read/write operation. So the developer of the software programmers (SVOD, Vertyanov, RT809H, etc.) need to come with a software update.

Can you share config file i try to read

Comment

Originally posted by Karol View Post

Hi Karol,
                          everybody is stuck until you share programming data sheet...

Comment

Do you know something what I don't know ?
                            I'm available for exchange of information. But I think you will be stuck to.
                            Joe's KMX1 Pro S, RevelprogIS, TL866II, CH341A, Vertyanov JIG 3.1, Eakins Microscope, Gordak 952, 30V/5Ah PSU, 890C+, T2L Thermal Camera, SVOD 3, etc.

Comment

NPCE68APA0DX
                              Not one of the programmers available to us can work with this chip yet.
                              The problem is not with the config file, this chip uses a different protocol for reading and writing.
                              We just have to wait for the programmer's author to add an algorithm to his programmer to work with this chip!

Comment

Originally posted by evserv View Post
                                NPCE68APA0DX
                                The problem is not with the config file, this chip uses a different protocol for reading and writing.
                                We just have to wait for the programmer's author to add an algorithm to his programmer to work with this chip!
                                Evserv,
                                do you know when the author of programmer will update this one?
                                Thanks!!!

Comment

To support this chip, you need documentation describing the programming algorithm ...
                                  If anyone has this documentation please share with me.

Comment

NPCE68APA0DX

So what if i just replace the nuovoton chip. Can it help?

Comment

To support this chip, you need documentation describing the programming algorithm ...
                                      If anyone has this documentation please share with me.
                                      There are 2 dediprog programmers that have added support for the chip (july 2021). StarProg-U is the cheapest at $750 ,the adapter costs around 150 .Don`t know about the algorithm but you can find the chip ID if you search through the programmer software xml files .Maybe its downloaded from the dediprog server ?
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-30-2021, 04:45 PM.
                                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

There is another bios chip beside processor. i have the same issue lost the file in that chip.

please upload file from main bios.
                                        the size may vary from 24mb to 30mb.

the file from second bios is 1 mb .

both needed to run the laptop.
                                        lost one. please upload it for me.

thank you in advance .
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X