• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP EliteBook 745 G5 password

HP EliteBook 745 G5 has an admin bios
    do you have any working dump
    or i use hpunlock tool to unlock the bios

is there any possible to know the password from the dump .

Re: HP EliteBook 745 G5 password

Originally posted by mo000 View Post
    HP EliteBook 745 G5 has an admin bios
    do you have any working dump
    or i use hpunlock tool to unlock the bios

is there any possible to know the password from the dump .
    post the contents of both bios chips.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      post the contents of both bios chips.
      is it enough to make a dump with universal bios buckup toolkit or i have to desolder bios chip form motherboard and make a dump by programmer .

Comment

Originally posted by mo000 View Post
        is it enough to make a dump with universal bios buckup toolkit or i have to desolder bios chip form motherboard and make a dump by programmer .
        remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing...and use the programmer.
        Last edited by peste; 05-16-2021, 10:35 AM.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing...and use the programmer.
          thank you man
          i will do .

Comment

Hi, i have the same problem and im kinda new to desoldering chips an reprograming. can someone walk me through it?
            sigpicGramse

Comment

Originally posted by Gramse View Post
              Hi, i have the same problem and im kinda new to desoldering chips an reprograming. can someone walk me through it?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

Hey all,

I have some issues with my laptop as well. The first one is a bios password and that's how I got here in the first place. And the other one is my laptop throttling down to 0.38ghz. Everything runs frustratingly slow. And the fan is running at full speed all the time. HWiNFO is telling me something about prochot-ext, so something's definitely wrong here, although all temps are fine. I have played with windows power management options. Let it run with or without the battery, same goes for the power adapter. Reinstalled windows and drivers and tried many things more suggested in all kinds of forums. But no luck so far. My guess would be either something's wrong with the board or bios, because this issue persists even without windows running or no ssd installed at all.

Regarding the bios issue, I've read all posts in the RCUnlocker thread and have a general understanding of how it all works. Still, this whole reprogramming topic is absolutely new to me so I'm a little at loss here. I took some pictures of all bios-like looking chips I could find. Which chip does what? I've read that U366 should be the right one. But to be 100% sure, which is the one I have to modify regarding a.) the password issue and/or b.) fan speed and throttling issue and lastly c.) something else I didn't think of? Because some users reported fan speed running at 100% after reprogramming, I wonder if this issue is somewhat related to mine.

I still have to buy all the necessary tools. Would a cheap CH341A programmer be enough (for winbond and issi chips)? I have an old RaspberryPi 2 if it that helps, although I'm not familiar with Raspbian/Linux. For that chip with those 8 tiny legs I guess a test clip would suffice? And for the other ones just soldering some wires to the copper pads nearby? If removing the chips from the board isn't absolutely necessary I'd definitely prefer not to, because I most certainly would break something (and had to buy a hot air station).

Your help is very much appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by x.stas.y View Post
                  Hey all,

I have some issues with my laptop as well. The first one is a bios password and that's how I got here in the first place. And the other one is my laptop throttling down to 0.38ghz. Everything runs frustratingly slow. And the fan is running at full speed all the time. HWiNFO is telling me something about prochot-ext, so something's definitely wrong here, although all temps are fine. I have played with windows power management options. Let it run with or without the battery, same goes for the power adapter. Reinstalled windows and drivers and tried many things more suggested in all kinds of forums. But no luck so far. My guess would be either something's wrong with the board or bios, because this issue persists even without windows running or no ssd installed at all.

Regarding the bios issue, I've read all posts in the RCUnlocker thread and have a general understanding of how it all works. Still, this whole reprogramming topic is absolutely new to me so I'm a little at loss here. I took some pictures of all bios-like looking chips I could find. Which chip does what? I've read that U366 should be the right one. But to be 100% sure, which is the one I have to modify regarding a.) the password issue and/or b.) fan speed and throttling issue and lastly c.) something else I didn't think of? Because some users reported fan speed running at 100% after reprogramming, I wonder if this issue is somewhat related to mine.

I still have to buy all the necessary tools. Would a cheap CH341A programmer be enough (for winbond and issi chips)? I have an old RaspberryPi 2 if it that helps, although I'm not familiar with Raspbian/Linux. For that chip with those 8 tiny legs I guess a test clip would suffice? And for the other ones just soldering some wires to the copper pads nearby? If removing the chips from the board isn't absolutely necessary I'd definitely prefer not to, because I most certainly would break something (and had to buy a hot air station).

to delete the password, post the contents of both 128MB chips, here.....you will need an SPI programmer..I don't know if the programmers you have will help you...you can see what bios chips it supports by searching on the internet..you have this video like example, you can see other...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

Hey all,

WINBOND 25Q128JVPQ is more available when read with CH341A, post the contents of this chip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, both of you. So I'll get a CH341A programmer then. The other WINBOND 25Q16JVSIQ is not relevant in this process? If so, then there is no need for a test clip. For the other two chips WINBOND 25Q128JVPQ and ISSI IC25LP128 soldering tiny wires to the pads nearby would do the trick? So I don’t have to order a hot air station.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, both of you. So I'll get a CH341A programmer then. The other WINBOND 25Q16JVSIQ is not relevant in this process? If so, then there is no need for a test clip. For the other two chips WINBOND 25Q128JVPQ and ISSI IC25LP128 soldering tiny wires to the pads nearby would do the trick? So I don’t have to order a hot air station.
                        Blue : yes, it's non relevant.
                        Red : I'm not sure but you can try.
                        Notice the voltage of the CH341A, the black board type has a default voltage of 5 volts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, both of you. So I'll get a CH341A programmer then. The other WINBOND 25Q16JVSIQ is not relevant in this process? If so, then there is no need for a test clip. For the other two chips WINBOND 25Q128JVPQ and ISSI IC25LP128 soldering tiny wires to the pads nearby would do the trick? So I don't have to order a hot air station.
                          from my experience you only need to modify U366 with RCUnlocker and at 1st boot press F10 to enter bios setup and reset security to defaults in Security Tab.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                            from my experience you only need to modify U366 with RCUnlocker and at 1st boot press F10 to enter bios setup and reset security to defaults in Security Tab.
                            Thanks for the heads up regarding the 5v issue with this programmer. I'll have to keep that in mind. Was the U366 chip you have encountered the same one from ISSI or another one? Cause there's not much information on the internet regarding that IC25LP128 chip. Well, there is one that it doesn't work: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114626

However, if I'm not mistaken you can add a chip manually to the chiplist.xml, right?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up regarding the 5v issue with this programmer. I'll have to keep that in mind. Was the U366 chip you have encountered the same one from ISSI or another one? Cause there's not much information on the internet regarding that IC25LP128 chip. Well, there is one that it doesn't work: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114626

However, if I'm not mistaken you can add a chip manually to the chiplist.xml, right?
                              yes, the same chipset, I am using a RT809H and it has a smart ID for chipset, I don't remember if it recognised as is or something equivalent, I unlocked that laptop few months ago.
                              If you are using CH341A try with ASProgrammer or Neo Programmer, don't use software came with CH341A
                              Attached Files
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
                                yes, the same chipset, I am using a RT809H and it has a smart ID for chipset, I don't remember if it recognised as is or something equivalent, I unlocked that laptop few months ago.
                                If you are using CH341A try with ASProgrammer or Neo Programmer, don't use software came with CH341A
                                Well, regarding the password, I'm not exactly sure what happened. I couldn't read the content of the 2nd chip (ISSY) yet. But first things first, here is what I did.

I did get the CH341A programmer finally and did a 3,3v fix I've found on YouTube. I've made myself some kind of pogo pin contraption so I wouldn't have to solder any wires to the board, but the USB programmer always got disconnected from Windows when making contact. It was like unplugging an USB drive with that typical sound it does. If connected to the board first and then plugging in it wouldn't make any sound at all. Windows device manger wouldn't list the programmer as well. I don't think I have shorted anything, but regardless which chip and how many times I have tried I got the same result. In hindsight, I think it was because I've followed a 3,3v fix guide which involved soldering a wire from pin 9 to the transistor, which I did remove later on.

Anyway, worrying I might have shorted something and killed the board for good I have assembled everything back together and as soon as I have connected the battery, the laptop started on its own. But the display wouldn't show anything. I have waited a little bit, then hold the power button to shut it down. Tried again, but this time I got three beeping sounds, followed by two shorter and higher pitched ones, and still a dark display. Again, holding down the power button to shut it down. The only thing that came to my mind was booting while pressing and holding the windows + b key to roll back to a working bios configuration, if I've accidently shorted/screwed up the chip/bios while trying to read the 2nd chip.

Well, the laptop did its bios thing for a few seconds and started up Windows just fine. I was so relieved. And on top of that the password was gone. So no bios password anymore. Even without soldering or writing to the chip. So either the rollback removed the password (could this actually be?) or just me messing around with both chips did do the trick. Later on I've realized I shouldn't have let it boot to Windows, even though I was more than happy to see the laptop booting at all after it failed to do so previously. Because then I got a “HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem” warning during startup every time. Resetting the security settings and loading the default bios settings did not help. The 0.38GHz and fan speed issue was not solved as well. So something must be wrong with the board physically.

Now to get rid of that “HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem” I saw a post by RethoricalCheese suggesting to clear the VSS region from the main bios chip (WINBOND). While that pogo pin thing didn't work well, I've tried soldering tiny wires to the board, right next to chip. Well, that didn't work as well as I've hoped it would either. I did at least 30 dumps or so and a few of them seemed to be exactly the same (this time without soldered pin 9 to the transistor). I have blanked/FF'ed the VSS region with a hex editor and tried to write that back to the chip. No chance, always got errors while verifying. Didn't matter if 3,3v or 5v. Writing just took so much longer then reading and even that took many attempts to get a few good dumps, which happened to be in a row during the first 10 tries, which I couldn't replicate ever since.

Anyhow, now I had to ask somebody to help me desoldering the main chip. Erasing, writing, verifying worked flawlessly. But only without the 3,3v fix at all. The programmer always got disconnected from Windows with 3,3v during the writing process. 3,3v while reading seemed to be working. The chip got soldered back on today, but while doing so one resistor went flying off the board, which can't be found. Oh man, from one problem right to the next one.

Does anyone happen to know which resistor goes there, right above the main bios chip? And how about your thoughts regarding the password removal? Could a bios rollback or maybe shortening the chip with a possibly wrong 3.3v fix be the reason why there was no password anymore?
                                Attached Files

Comment

HP Elitebook 745 G5

Hi All,

I have a HP Elitebook 745 and after trying to remove the bios password with both the RCUnlocker and the HPUnlocker i get no power with only the charging light flashing 5 times then solid white. I've attached the orginal bios if some kind sole could have a look at it for me. TIA

Cheers

Simon
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 745 G5

Originally posted by sigh45 View Post
                                    hi all,

i have a hp elitebook 745 and after trying to remove the bios password with both the rcunlocker and the hpunlocker i get no power with only the charging light flashing 5 times then solid white. I've attached the orginal bios if some kind sole could have a look at it for me. Tia

cheers

simon
                                    flash old backup with {password} chk if laptop back to life and work normaly as before

if there is 2 bios than post old bios backup without currection

Comment

Hi,

I've now attached both original bios files. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Simon
                                      Attached Files

Comment

hp elitebook 745 G5 bios

hi i need to unlock this bios password
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X