Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus g512li bios

Originally posted by Zparts01 View Post
    I have a ROG G512li board rev 2.0 and I'm trying to use a CH341A to flash the BIOS you posted to a WINBOND W25Q80EW, but it's only an 8MB Chip. How would I write it back to the chip? Please help!
    The W25Q80EW is 8 Mega bits Mb . 8Mb = 1 Mega Byte , 1MB

Don`t erase that chip.If you have i hope you made a backup because you`ll have to write it back , then go and find the real bios chip, its hiding somewhere .Make a backup and post it here as peste has suggested.We can check if you made a good backup or not
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-23-2023, 11:25 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi! Thank you both for the help! I won't this laptop from an eBay auction. It did not have any power and I was able to solve that by replacing two power mosfets, however, even though the keyboard lights up and battery charges, CPU and GPU get warm/hot, I have no display, even on an external monitor. After reading the BIOS it looks like it was completely zeroed out. I'm guessing someone was there before me at some point or who knows. Anyway, I did make two backups of the BIOS before trying anything at all. SN is L7NRKD004637296 Model is G512LI-5871-CB .... Here is a copy of what I have...
      Attached Files

Comment

Is anyone able to help?

Comment

I'm guessing I don't have the programer set up right for this chip. It shows a reading even when the clip is not connected. I guess that's why the chip shows zeros. Can't seem to find answers in the videos for my chip configuration.

Comment

I'm guessing I don't have the programer set up right for this chip. It shows a reading even when the clip is not connected. I guess that's why the chip shows zeros. Can't seem to find answers in the videos for my chip configuration.
            I think the bios is 16MB...look for a bios chip on both sides of the motherboard and post the content...
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I found the MXIC 25L12873F on the flip side. Is that the chip I need to read and post here?

Comment

I found the MXIC 25L12873F on the flip side. Is that the chip I need to read and post here?
                post the content...
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Ahhh! Here it is! Can someone check it, fix it and repost for me please?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh! Here it is! Can someone check it, fix it and repost for me please?
                    Here's your New Bios file, try it and let me know.
                    Serial Number: L8NRKD01506435B.
                    Attached Files
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                    all donations are welcome,
                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                    >>>>>
                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks you so much! I will give it a shot and let you know! Cheers!

Comment

Hi! It's a no go unfortunately. I went from having power, but no display to having nothing, only the power LED is red without the battery hooked up and white when the battery is hooked up. I went over everything once again and don't have any knocked off components or shorts, so I'm stumped. Any idea what might be causing this now?

Comment

Hi! It's a no go unfortunately. I went from having power, but no display to having nothing, only the power LED is red without the battery hooked up and white when the battery is hooked up. I went over everything once again and don't have any knocked off components or shorts, so I'm stumped. Any idea what might be causing this now?
                          Program back your Original Backup and see if your device will back to the previous condition or not.

If the Original Backup gives no power too, you should create a new thread in the hardware section, they could help you there.
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Ok, well that didn't help, so somehow I managed to cause more damage I guess. Strange though because I do board work on MacBooks all the time for years and I'm always so extremely cautious and like to make it look and function like factory, but these laptops are new to me, so I am not sure where to even start looking yet. Thanks for the help. I will post in the other link that you gave me after I read what's there already.

Comment

Does anyone know what software I can use to toggle the QE bit on a winbond chip?

Comment

Back again! I was wondering if anyone might have the BIOS for both Chips on the ROG G512LI? ... Somehow I messed it up I'm guessing. The low density chip is a Winbond W25Q80EW and the high density chip is a MX25L12873F. I ended up replacing the Winbond as it may have been damaged when I used it straight in with the CH341A ... The programer was burnt out as well, so I now have a new one. All I know is I now have no power at all, just a white led with the board in and battery connected, then if I disconnect the battery, the led is red, but no power. Was fine before messing with the BIOS chips.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Actually I really just need the Windbond chip bin file as hardware1, has already made me a new copy of the MX25L12873F bin for my laptop! ... If anyone can help that would be appreciated very much!

Comment

Here is the original. Can someone please look at it and maybe post a known good copy if this one looks wrong.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Rog g512li bios

bump
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-03-2023, 03:03 PM. Reason: already posted once,no need to start a new thread..

Comment

Sorry, still looking for the W25Q80EW8 Mega bits Mb BIOS ... or maybe someone can tell my if the file I posted is ok? I have no power
                                        Last edited by Zparts01; 04-03-2023, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                          Here's your New Bios file, try it and let me know.
                                          Serial Number: L8NRKD01506435B.
                                          I've just noticed that the Serial Number is not the same as my serial number L7NRKD004637296) Would that prevent the laptop from powering up? If so, what would I do to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                                          X