Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus zenbook UX490u bios

Hy my friends
    Maybe someone help me with administrator password. Motherboard UX490UA rev 2.1.I have identical motherboard but not working with this bios dump.This is my original dump.Thanks in advanced
    Attached Files

Re: Asus zenbook UX490u bios

try and report
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Claudiomfa ! Bios works. No password.

Comment

Hi Everyone, i have ux490u no post. motherboard ux490ur rev 2.0. i try the above bios fan blast high but no screen. i've attached my original dump here.thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lngcs View Post
          Hi Everyone, i have ux490u no post. motherboard ux490ur rev 2.0. i try the above bios fan blast high but no screen. i've attached my original dump here.thanks
          try..
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi peste, thanks for helping. clean me make no different. just power up and blank screen no backlight.

Comment

Try and report..
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Claudiomfa, this one keyboard backlight falsh once and cpu fan spin for a few second then shutdown and nothing else can't turn back on by power button.

Comment

Try this file and report..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok this one is exactly like the original one. power no screen, cpu get warm then fan will turn on. thanks everyone for helping. i think this one mostly hardware fault.

Comment

Multi chip bios recovery

Hello friends.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i searched and didn't see the answer, maybe i used wrong search term.

I have a Asus UX490U that i suspect has a bad bios because the power rails are all present and no short circuits and it responds to the power button and it seems to charge the battery but it has nothing on the screen and it behaves oddly.

I want to flash the bios with a programmer but it has a couple of the same bios chips. How does one go about flashing?
                      Just a link to an post here is fine too.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: Multi chip bios recovery

Originally posted by odtech View Post
                        I want to flash the bios with a programmer but it has a couple of the same bios chips. How does one go about flashing?
                        Just a link to an post here is fine too.

Thanks in advance
                        Mkae a backup of all of them ,making a note of where each one came from on the board,and post them all here.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hello.

I've finaly gotten around to doing this but i've got a small issue.

One of the bios chips isn't listed on Asprogrammer.
                          25Q80JVIQ

The two closest in the list is
                          25Q80BV
                          25Q80DV

Would it be OK to use either or should i get software with the JV chip support?
                          Any suggestion on software to try?

Comment

Hello.

I've finaly gotten around to doing this but i've got a small issue.

One of the bios chips isn't listed on Asprogrammer.
                            25Q80JVIQ

The two closest in the list is
                            25Q80BV
                            25Q80DV

Would it be OK to use either or should i get software with the JV chip support?
                            Any suggestion on software to try?
                            Leave that one,just post the others.
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              Leave that one,just post the others.
                              Here it is.
                              I put the chip name in the file name in case it matters.
                              The 25Q80DV chip dumped suspiciously fast, assuming the 80 stands for flash size. The 64 chip dump took 2 to 3 times longer. Just mentioning it in case it's relevant.

Thanks for the assistance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

here it is.
                                I put the chip name in the file name in case it matters.
                                The 25q80dv chip dumped suspiciously fast, assuming the 80 stands for flash size. The 64 chip dump took 2 to 3 times longer. Just mentioning it in case it's relevant.

Thanks for the assistance.
                                ux490uar
                                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                  ux490uar
                                  I programmed this bios on the 25Q64JV chip and it made a difference but the laptop is still not coming on. Now when i connect the battery it immediately goes to max fan speed and the f2 button led comes on. The cpu does not get warm so the laptop didn't start.

Is there anything else i can try bios related or should i get back to troubleshooting hardware?

Comment

You should get back to troubleshooting hardware.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      You should get back to troubleshooting hardware.
                                      Ok will do.

Thanks friends for taking the time to look at my request.

Comment

I would like to share something with everyone that might end up here looking for bios help on the Asus UX490U laptop. I have only the CH341 programmer with the green board so not sure if this will apply to other programmers.

The 25Q64JVIQ bios chip on this laptop has a large ground/thermal pad underneath that is wider than the gap between the row of pin pads on my CH341 programmer so 100% sure the pins will short to ground and it made me get all FF readings from the chip or the software reported it's in protected mode. At first i thought i just had dry solder joints so I went back over the pads with my iron and some flux but the issue persisted.

The result of this issue was that the laptop would immediately power on and go to full fan rpm but not post.

To resolve it I put some kapton tape over the ground/thermal pad then soldered the chip back and got it to program properly and it also programmed much faster than earlier apparent successful attempts which led to the power on/max fan speed issue.

TL : DR The 25Q64JVIQ bios chip has a large ground/thermal pad that will very likely short on one or all of the pins so isolate it before attaching to your programmer if necessary.
                                        Last edited by odtech; 09-01-2023, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X