Asus g752vs strange bios problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus g752vs strange bios problem

I received this laptop, i dont know history of it .... it was turning on but fans were not working and no picture. I had all the voltages.... So...i found bios with cleaned ME and it was working perfect. I installed everything but cpu temperatures were much to high. So i put termal paste but it was not much better...then i read that new bios versions are better and more stable...so i tried to flash from asus flasher the newest bios 312 (this one is 306) but flashing new bios didnt go fine. After flashing no picture on the screen. Then i dissasembly laptop again and reprogram bios with same cleaned ME mentioned above...it was working again...but this time i noticed something else...if i change one thing in bios, for example fast boot from enable to disable it will be ok..but if i restore to default bios and save it... i am getting black screen.
    So, what is going on? i dont understand? Is something wrong with the bios?
    I attached in first attachment not working bios from laptop when i received it (althought it might not be original), and in second attachment it is bios which is working on laptop (only if i dont flash it or try to change it to default)
    Thx for help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by myth77; 09-15-2020, 01:46 PM.

Re: Asus g752vs strange bios problem

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
    I received this laptop, i dont know history of it .... it was turning on but fans were not working and no picture. I had all the voltages.... So...i found bios with cleaned ME and it was working perfect. I installed everything but cpu temperatures were much to high. So i put termal paste but it was not much better...then i read that new bios versions are better and more stable...so i tried to flash from asus flasher the newest bios 312 (this one is 306) but flashing new bios didnt go fine. After flashing no picture on the screen. Then i dissasembly laptop again and reprogram bios with same cleaned ME mentioned above...it was working again...but this time i noticed something else...if i change one thing in bios, for example fast boot from enable to disable it will be ok..but if i restore to default bios and save it... i am getting black screen.
    So, what is going on? i dont understand? Is something wrong with the bios?
    I attached in first attachment not working bios from laptop when i received it (althought it might not be original), and in second attachment it is bios which is working on laptop (only if i dont flash it or try to change it to default)
    Thx for help.
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      Not working...several automatic restarts and black screen. But i dont understand why turning working bios to default settings will cause it to not work?

Comment

Can you check the stickers on the motherboard and post pictures of them. The model number will be G752VS or G752VSK
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

It is g752vs rev. 2.1, cpu is i7-6820

Comment

Or you mean stickers on the ddr4 ram slots?

Comment

g752vs rev. 2.1 will be the white silkscreen, are there any white/green stickers with the model on them.

EDIT:Yes sometimes the sticker is on the DDR slots
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Maybe better this one

Last edited by myth77; 09-16-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Try this bios .
                  Attached Files

Comment

tried, unfortunately black screen

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

try and report
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ive got one more more bios you can try.Its a modified one with unlocked menu`s from another site.It has stock ME firmware.If it doesn`t work your problem is somewhere else.
                          EDIT: bios deleted,not working
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Update...
                            I think i finally realized what is hapening...at least...partially. So, i suspected that it is a cpu "problem"...so i decided to measure voltages on vcore on that three/four restart cycle..and this is what i found....On that three restart cycles while using "not working bios" the voltage is changing every restart and it is 0,8V then 0,9V and then maybe 1V....But, on this working bios it goes similar but on four cycle restart it is around 1,4V and then i recieve picture. And that is also the rason why cpu is overheating. So i was thinking what is going on?
                            First i thought that maybe cpu is nearly dead or something...but then i found this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ore-throttling
                            So, it seems that it is normal for this laptop cpu to have 1.4V in idle and it is causing overheating...so i downloaded aida64 and confirmed that voltage is 1.39V and i lower voltage by 0,15 V with throttlestop and results are fenomenal. I run aida64 benchmark test and temperatures were never above 78 C and no BSOD or any problem. The laptop is working supreme.
                            But..but...allways questions why it is not working with other bios dumps?
                            So i have a colleague with same laptop g752vs and i called him can he install aida64 and check something for me...and he did...i asked him to read for me voltage on cpu vcore while in idle....and it was 0,99V????
                            So finally i figured why other bios dumps are not working...my cpu wont work on 0,99v but this laptop with same cpu i7-6820 is working?
                            I must admit i am confused...can someone give me explanation regarding this?

Oh, and to admin maybe to return this subject from bios request to troubleshotting....thx.

Comment

Which one of the bios is working .

Comment

This one...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ok so your CPU is an i7-6820HK ,it has an unlocked multiplier,other G752VS models have the HQ.
                                  The original bios you posted and the working bios (from an G752VS OC Edition i assume) ,have some differences in the ME settings.The ME firmware version is the same but its got custom settings,usually its not a problem with asus and cleaning the ME FW is straightforward.
                                  Its the reason why cleaning your original bios ME FW didn`t work,or any other dumps.I suspect that the original bios had its ME FW cleaned before you got the laptop with some 3rd party software,or your bios region was merged with another dump.
                                  When you clean the ME using FIT (flash image tool) the settings that are set by the manufacturer are saved and the settings are then applied to the cleaned ME FW.
                                  See attached picture for some of the different settings between the 2 ME firmware versions,the working one is on the left.

EDIT: its just my theory,i didn`t have a bios from another G752VS OC Edition or 60NB0D70-MB1140 motherboard to compare it with

Attached Files
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-23-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

thx for a detailed explanation...I need some time to process it and will get back to you...

Comment

Sorry to bring this topic back but i believe someone will benefit from it. So, this laptop was finally fixed....the problem was cpu...but i waithed a lot to find a cheap and working i7-6820hk cpu to replace.
                                      history: ....this laptop was broken and finally was working with only one bios dump on the google i could find..and that was engineer bios dump i found on some foreign site, But if i tried to change anything in bios the laptop would not post. Also, if it would post i could see in windows and cpu-z program that it is running very hot like 98C, and voltage was arround 1,45 v. but even then it would freeze sometimes. The funny thing is that i used one program (i believe cpu-z) in windows to lower the voltage it would be ok...for days...but if i restart laptop it would not post again.
                                      On vcccore when working i have 1,45 volt...and when not...usually 0.8 v. and on this cpu 1,45 v is really high.
                                      Conclusion: this gaming laptop had overclocking option and i believe that option fucked cpu...the strange thing is it was semi working..but only on 1,45 volt?!
                                      I have never seen cpu to semi work/semi defekt.
                                      Replacing cpu ...fixed everything...now cpu is running on 0.8 volt, stable and cool.

Comment

Working...
                                      X