No announcement yet.

Samsung UN55H8000AF - No Picture, Working Backlight, Replaced T-Con Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55H8000AF - No Picture, Working Backlight, Replaced T-Con Board

take out the bezel and inspect the screen rand glass you will may find broken line of vcc3V

Comment

it can work even with no side working but sometimes it won't.

Comment

I've seen it explained many times but still not sure exactly how it works, I just consider it magic when it does work. some explanation there by a very wise man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-01-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          I've seen it explained many times but still not sure exactly how it works, I just consider it magic when it does work. some explanation there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII
          I took the ribbon cables out from T-Con to Panel Boards to inspect them, I'm assuming the issue is related to the highlighted box in the attached image. I wonder how this could have happened as this TV has never been taken apart before.
          Attached Files

Comment

Eureka that's it, shit we should have checked that first, that's why I always try to do the basic simple inspections first, can save a shit-ton of chasing the wrong thing.

Comment

you might be able to trim it off evenly and make it work or just get another cable.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                you might be able to trim it off evenly and make it work or just get another cable.
                Tried trimming, with no luck. Going to order some new ones and come back with an update! Thanks for all your help.

Comment

No problem, I'm glad it was something easy to fix and not a shorted panel.

Comment

inspect the connector it came out of, make sure there's nothing wrong that will mess up the new one.

Comment

Working...
                    X