Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 55PUS6262 no picture

Originally posted by mrsith View Post
    Closeups attached, does it look like it? I'm afraid I know the answer but...is that it with this panel then? No chances and no point to waste more time?
    this is not the first time i saw.. for me always when the issue related to image bezel out and check screen rand.
    your photos cant bring to us any further idea.. but your eyes and your fanatsy could help.. the most importand the Golden thin film the 2 lines vcc and gnd should connected if there are some where broken.

Comment

it seems like you need to figure out why a little pressure on the ribbon cable fixes the issue, wonder if a little paper shim or sum such on top, not where the contacts are, would do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        it seems like you need to figure out why a little pressure on the ribbon cable fixes the issue, wonder if a little paper shim or sum such on top, not where the contacts are, would do the trick.
        LAST THINGS HE WAS TALKING ON THE BAD SIDE OF THE SCREEN LOL
        some where he found open at the glass laminate

Comment

To be honest, this laminate seems like it's not ideally glued at just this tiny spot, it doesn't seem broken or affected any way. Using my fantasy I can imagine this possible could be enough to bust the lines underneath, but I wouldn't bet a penny on it - I think it doesn't look bad enough, but it's just my imagination speaking.

I'll try using a piece of paper or something, to make the ribbon(s) thicker, to get even half picture stable, otherwise I won't be ever able to find out if any of the fixes actually worked.

Would touching/squeezing the laminate give any reaction at all if the lines were broken there? Just trying to rule out where the root cause is :/

Close inspection of the ribbon connectors - they look absolutely fine, seems like every pin is soldered solid.

Comment

Close inspection of the ribbon connectors - they look absolutely fine, seems like every pin is soldered solid.
            you may have one of COF flat cable where attached to boards or screen did the fault of the line... try them genetly if the socket work didnt bring any..
            at once you have clear half picture, work on the laminate.. by pressing. tv must be off and turn on only when you apply pressure. if you do while TV on will bring nothings as T-CON ready cut off.

Comment

Tried to put some.piece of paper like suggested above, but no joy. I'll play a bit with the connectot to get stable half picture. Then I'll start the pressing of this depressive TV

Tried playing with COFs already, nothing at all.

Comment

Tried to put some.piece of paper like suggested above, but no joy. I'll play a bit with the connectot to get stable half picture. Then I'll start the pressing of this depressive TV

Tried playing with COFs already, nothing at all.
                this is replacment T-CON? how about the original one!!!

Comment

I used it to salvage cap(s) for panel board. The TV acted exactly the same with both t-cons connected, so assumed either it's something else.or.they both failed (that's why I've been asking - is it possible that the original short damaged both T-Con boards, otherwise: is there any point at all trying to replace Tcon once again, now that the short is gone? I am thinking about replacing everything replaceable just to rule out every other option than panel itself.
                  Last edited by mrsith; 05-26-2022, 02:16 AM.

Comment

this is yours first Post ...
                    I got the set very cheap with problems on the right side of display - it was flickering and fuzzy with whitish noise. After a bit of play I have noticed that the set is fine with only left LVDS plugged in - but, unless I pressed the LVDS connector (on either side which is strange), there were some purple artifacts appearing. Decided to replace T-Con
                    then after you removed the Bezel.. you saw what wrong on the right side..
                    i would say you don't have any short at caps as you did before.. because you need to let the panel disconnected from T-con and discharge cells if you are going to test caps. which you didn't... so why u need to buy other T-CON and the panel had huge damage !!

Comment

Not sure if I understand you well but when looking for shorts, I did disconnect the panel from T-Con. I'll give it a try with different TCon then, but my hope to fix this set went down to almost 0 now.

Comment

Just nitoced I made a typo in thread name, it's 55PUS6162.

Anyway, managed to get my hands on Philips 55PUS6703 which uses exactly the same T-Con. Swappwd it along with ribbon flexes and the result is the same - no picture, half picture with one side disconnected, with artifacts appearing etc.

I guess my only reasonable hope would be to try and swap the ribbon connectors themselves - if one of them requires a press for proper work, maybe another one is shorted somewhere and that creates the problem. I'll leave it for now, I'll try to find a smashed 6162 to grab the connectors from it.

Comment

So sorry for posting 3 times in a row, cannot edit it.

I am utterly SHOCKED with what just happened. Like I said above, I tried the TCon from 55PUS6703 in the original thread subject, 55PUS6162. No difference at all, like stated above.
                          So, I decided to grab the LED strips from 6162 and install them into 6703 (it had faulty backlight, but I did the flashlight test and the picture WAS THERE, for sure, 300%). After reassembling the LEDs lit up but I had no picture. Tried disconnecting one side and I am getting exactly the same reaction as on the 6162. With purple artifacts etc.
                          How is that even possible? Did the T-Con burn when I tried it in 6162? If that's the case, why does it react on pressing the ribbon tapes/connectors, as the other set did?

Should I buy (another...) T-Con to install it in 6703 then? Please, ANY advice is appreciated, I'm totally shocked and not sure how to proceed now.

Comment

T-con had SPI /NOR on it. when you used the 6703 on other TV the main firmware updated the SPI. then you back to 6703 which didn't match.
                            i asked in my #31 if you tried to downgrade firmware before starting HW check. so now you need to do it on 6703 and who knows if you do it on 6162 could solve the problem too.

upgrade_loader for 6703 chassis TPM186E 2018 serie

upgrade_loader for 6162 chassis TPM177E 2017 serie
                            Last edited by Diah; 06-20-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Like I said I tried flashing firmware but apparently I didn't have a correct one for 6162. Do you know where should I look for a good one or at least what version should I be hunting for? Many thanks

Edit: just noticed you have edited the post with links added just about the same time I have posted this. Thank you and I'll let you know if this helped!
                              Last edited by mrsith; 06-20-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Had to do it blindly but done it before with half screen on, just posting steps herein case I've messed up:
                                Usb formatted to fat32, update file renamed to "upgrade_loader.pkg", placed in usb root.
                                TV on - plug it off - plug USB into USB2.0 port - plug power cord back in - TV starts and should do update.
                                After waiting ~10 minutes the TV restarts, I take it as a confirmation the update has been done. But still no picture at all.
                                Any point trying to find and flash different firmware versions? Or maybe the Tcon did get fried in the 6162? Just thinking if 6162 updated the Tcon soft, shouldn't 6703 do it again once I plugged it back?

I've seen on other thread that someone had issues with update file and some USB sticks. Do you know if in this case the TV tries to upgrade at all and just fails, or it doesn't even start? Thinking to get another USB drive a go. Or maybe burning to a DVD and using usb dvd drive? ��

edit: been playing around with ribbon connectors during the update (so I could see the half picture right). Noticed that putting a finger on the disconnected ribbon pins tend to do a difference. Tried to find a sweet spot to keep it there and I got burnt by that pins. Took the ribbon out and 12th pin was visibly burnt. It was all good before the while Tcon swapping (that I now highly regret trying).
                                Also right side of screen disconnected (the one that had short in 6162) gives me half picture with artifacts, but left side disconnected returns half screen white (expected) with the other half being bright grey, close to white. Couldn't see picture undrneath this greyish-whitish picture, and after seeing (and feeling!) that burn, I'm gonna wait for an advice before trying to start the TV again.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by mrsith; 06-21-2022, 04:44 AM. Reason: burnt fingers

Comment

wow... so burn i had never seen.. id this 6162?
                                  lets talk on the one you were sure seen the picture with tourch as just LED BL issue..6703.
                                  1- the USB stick should be in MBR mode Fat32 format.. not GPT mode.

questions did you install this burn ribbon on the 6703?

tip: the old 6703 LED strips just install them out side the tv as they should and plug them at the LED socket instate of the one you installed under the Panel. turn on and look if you can find the picture as ou did before you swap t-con

Comment

This burn happened on 6703. I only.checked the Tcon on 6162 and went back to assembling 6703. The moment I realised what happened I didn't plug the ribbon back in, in fact I didn't turn the TV back on at all. Cleared the ribbon with IPA and carefully scratched burnt marks from the pin.
                                    I'm guessi g something on 6162 is causing Tcon(s) to short, questions are:
                                    a) what exactly failed on 6703 (seems like the burnt pin is VGH_EVEN),
                                    b) is this only Tcon that failed, or did the damsge go further
                                    c) will the set be alive again with new Tcon installed or upon finding and fixing issue with this one?

Comment

questions are:
                                      a) what exactly failed on 6703 (seems like the burnt pin is VGH_EVEN),
                                      b) is this only Tcon that failed, or did the damsge go further
                                      c) will the set be alive again with new Tcon installed or upon finding and fixing issue with this one?
                                      good guestiones.. tell first this burn at ribbon which side of the panel the defect one ( gray ) or the white one.. also from which side did this burn on T-con socket or panel socket?

Comment

It burned on the panel side, T-con side looks okay. When it happened I had the good side connected, the burnt side is the side that's whitish/greyish when connected alone.

Comment

so 6162 panel make short to this issue and possible damaged 6703 t-con.
                                          you need to start with 6162 panel buffer boards.... 6703 t-con and the other need to take one on the table and start with R check and fets on it if you find the fault you can find the same or close to 6162 t-con.
                                          6162 never turn it on unless you are sure 100% all panel buffer boards parts are fine.. you can use external supply to simulated VGH VCC etc.

edit: it could be the ribbon burned from start and you didn't noticed..
                                          Last edited by Diah; 06-21-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X