can you damage screen panel with high voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you damage screen panel with high voltage

hi i have philips led tv i had vertical lines all over the screen so i was testing voltages on board connected directly to screen below t-con
    i accidently shorted two caps just above flat cables going to screen 20v and 2v and the 2/3 of the left side of the screen has gone white but vertical lines are still there i still have all the voltages on caps nothing is shorted so im just wondering is it posible i damaged the screen (burned pixels) when i shorted caps ot its posible the t-con board got damaged, thank you

Re: can you damage screen panel with high voltage

Yes, it is possible.

Comment

Thank you i ordered new tcon board will post update

Comment

Be careful, though: it is possible to damage a new tcon due to a fault with the panel.

Comment

Thank you tcon is not so exspensive so i will take that risk

Comment

If I understood you correctly you made a short on the board that connects between the TCON and glass panel (Scaler board), If so I reckon you have killed the TCOF IC on those flex ribbons that are connected to the glass. Say goodbye!
            If you gently touch the TCOF IC and test for heat you might compare its heat to others on the panel. You might find out its getting hot which means its burnt. New panel replacement or to the rubbish bin it goes.

Comment

New tcon didnt resolve the problem going for parts now this pannel doesent have cof chips strange but i removed plastic covering panel and no cofs

Comment

go ahead and carefully, no more shorting, test those little caps on the panel driver board for shorts or very low ohms, may be some other components like a diode pack to check.

Comment

I did test all o got all voltages no shorts or low ohms i already scraped tv

Comment

for the best, too technical, beyond your "scope"
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-04-2022, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X